Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Re: Dog's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ladder

semi double post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jor-Dan_the_greatest View Post
if you cant beat manti you sure as heck cant beat korny >.>
Not necessarily. Different matchups of mains and different techniques can mix things up. For example, I might be able to beat a more technically skilled player because my technique could work favorably against them, yet lose to another technically less skilled player who employs another technique.

Although I would say I probably agree. From the bit I've seen from Korny, anyone who would lose consistently to Manti would most likely also lose rather consistently to Korny regardless of differences in main usage, matchups, and technique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutsyBat View Post
have you ever played me? No the reason I am at such a low point in the ladder is because my first match I did was against manti just to see how good he was. I haven't really challenged anyone since then but whatever i'll let you seem like you are a badass here.
If you're ever on in the morning, I wouldn't mind beating you with Pikachu. >:)

Assuming you don't use one of the reflector folks and are skilled at using it defensively. To be perfectly honest, my Pikachu is nearly a sitting duck if I lose my thunders... everything else in my arsenal would be built on mostly down smashes and potentially skull bashes and forward/down aerials (and lord knows my aerial Pika game has gone to **** ever since they nerfed the **** out of it in Melee).

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
You'd be lucky to take a stock off me IRL.
I bet I could manage that on a good day.

Assuming I am given time to practice and get more used to not relying on my energy projectiles.

:)

In all seriousness, when we played before and you whooped me with G&W, did it end with you at 4 stocks? I honestly can't remember. Incidentally, I would love to try again to see by how much I'd lose now that I throw Bsticks around and am a bit better at things in general. Then again, I might just be complacent with my bouncing thunders, and you'd have an even easier time unleashing a full bucket on me. I dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manti
As it is, I really don't challenge anyone when they're coming back to the stage.
I have this problem too. It's funny if I'm playing random and have a character who can meteor smash down, I might try to jump out and do it... I've only ever successfully done it once in all my time playing this game. I often end up SD rofl.

Quote:
If you're low going for ledge-grab I usually don't.
There's not much you can do in that situation... And worse is that you might accidentally give them additional recovery and help them back up. I would think that the only reason I would even try that is if I've got a meteor smash, was confident I could nail it, and still be able to get back up well (even if the attack misses). It'd be an awful shame to jump out to kill someone, only to have them grab the ledge to recover and end up serendipitously causing you to be unable to get back up.

EDIT: rofl I was looking at meteor smashes on smash wiki and I found my way to another thing. "Vertical spacing". Pretty simple concept: jump off someone's head, then use down aerial to spike them to death. Apparently this is specifically for Marth, but I'd expect similar tactics could be applied in other characters. Anyway, that's not why I'm saying this. This video, you may have seen I suppose, it's hilarious:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUNNp...rsist_locale=1

I would be mad as hell if that happened to me.

EDIT: WTF. I searched youtube for "Afrobean", saw some matches someone had uploaded. Whatever. But I started watching them and I realized something: I could accurately read my movements. Like, I knew what I was going to do every time I did something. Even **** as inane as hopping in place to drop a neutral B. Or whenever I would skull bash, or drop a thunder or a down smash. Can you guys read my actions as well as that or is it just because I'm in my own head that I can predict my own behavior as easily as that?

Last edited by Afrobean; 07-13-2008 at 07:44 AM..
Afrobean is offline   Reply With Quote