View Single Post
Old 06-6-2008, 03:47 PM   #42
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: Are you a bad enough dude to increase FFR's classical library?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
maybe we're looking at this the wrong way

maybe people should get better at syncing
Right now even with DDReam syncing classical is still pretty difficult. Plus, the program is not integrated with SM so for people that are very effective file makers with the SM editor like myself DDReam becomes a burden. I tried syncing "Cast Down the Heretic" with DDReam and it was more effective to just sync it manually using F7/F8. Also, since I don't use Windows I have to log on to a Windows machine every time I want to use DDReam.

The most effective feature DDReam could have is a feature that turns every tapped note into a BPM change closest to the primary BPM, so for example if I tap out every note as the way it actually is (so that you'd have lots of 64ths/48ths/32nds/24ths/16ths/etc due to the rapidly varying sync) on some specified BPM the feature would quantize every note into 4ths using BPM changes. However, I think this feature could be implemented into the SM editor.

Still, this type of post is a distraction because we clearly have people offering to make remastered mp3s and they've managed to do it efficiently.
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote