View Single Post
Old 05-5-2008, 10:10 PM   #175
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot
Default Re: Funmonkey54 and kjwkjw's un-FFRly Tournament

what commander said.... you will not gain many people, ever, by making the rounds longer. generally, people (for whatever reason) don't like coming into tournaments after they've started or after the 1st round.... whether they dont' think they can or they don't think they can compete, i don't know.

but, yea. what happens is you get your initial group that signs up at the start.... and the longer the rounds, the less of those people will submit.

my overall advice: start round 2 as soon as you can. the tournament has stagnated. PM everyone who has posted in this thread telling them that round 2 has started and that the rounds will be moving faster (as opposed to 5 days/round... maybe 3 days/round, there is still a lot of content in each round)... and maybe try to throw in some quasi-flair to make it more appealing for them to submit and participate.

edit: jon... i'm sure you're counting me in that 3. but, it's hard for me to count.... i mean, if i start a tournament, i'll almost always finish it. it just happened that i didn't know about yours until after it had started and gotten to round 2. perhaps yours was an exception, but i tend to remember having less activity in the last 2 rounds than the 1st round or two. and if you look at devonin's, it's pretty clear.