View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 03:16 PM   #11
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament

Bridge of eldin has a monster that runs across the screen. If you're going to turn off items because of randomness, this stage shouldn't be used either. Also: walk off sides.

Yoshi's island? You mean the SMW stage? That one has a walk off end of stage... and the SMW2/Yoshi's Story/Whatever one has shyguys that drop food... don't know if they still come by with items turned off, but meh.

Levels I might suggest:
Hanenbow. I have yet to experience anything which could cause an unfair KO in this level. The platforms do change slightly as you fight, but that's not going to kill you. Just think of them in the same way you could the top platform in Smashville, they move and change, but it shouldn't adversely affect the fight.

Lylat Cruise seems decent. I don't think there's anything which could be unfairly taken advantage of here.

Luigi's Mansion is pretty good I think. Don't recall anything unfair there. I know there are walls or something, but they seem to be destructible if they take enough hits.

Delfino Plaza seems pretty good as well. Moving stage, but there aren't any hazards that I'm aware of.

Is there something wrong with Jungle Japes (Melee) that I'm not understanding?

ps might I suggest hosting a secondary event with items turned on? They are a part of the game, and actually, I'd say that they're not that badly balanced either. Just turn off especially unfair ones like bobomb or smart bombs or whatever. Heck, even smash balls are very fair, taking multiple hits to earn and the fact that your opponent can steal it from you with the final hit after you wear it down. And seriously, I'd like to see an all-stage competition as well. You know what, if you don't want to do it, just explain how you're hosting this and I can mimic it into a tournament the way the game was meant to be played.

pps yes wtf were you thinking suggesting pirate ship one of the most unfair stages EVER and Im the type of person who is in favor of stages having fun things like that. Freaking springboard and canon balls or something have killed me/opponents on more than a few occasions.