View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 09:20 PM   #2100
ducky285
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ducky285 Send a message via MSN to ducky285 Send a message via Yahoo to ducky285
Default Re: The Wii is Here.

The Zelda series is getting stale IMO. Twilight Princess was good, but it was just OoT Redux. Phantom Hourglass is cool because of the control scheme, but little else is exciting about it.

One thing that does bug me is it's the fans' fault. Zelda II broke the mold and people hated it (a lot of people liked it, too, but still). Majora's Mask broke the mold and people hated it. People loved the original, LTTP and OoT, so they just copy/paste them into every game after. And they get away with it, which is the sad part.

I think Nintendo needs to put Zelda on hiatus and come up with some new IPs. Or at least use some of their pre-exisiting IPs to some greater extent.

Take Donkey Kong...he's turned into a joke. **** the bongos, **** the barrel racing, and **** that Jungle Climber ****. Bring back the old DKC style game but don't make it suck like DK64.

And Kirby. God, the last few Kirby games have been fun, but they're too easy and too short. I beat Kirby 64 the day I got it, Amazing Mirror in 2 days, and Squeak Squad in FIVE HOURS. I'm still holding out hope they'll make a truly epic Kirby game that I've been dreaming about since Kirby's Dream Land 3 came out for the SNES. A true sequel to Kirby Super Star that takes over 20 hours to finish would be awesome IMO.