View Single Post
Old 11-1-2007, 09:54 PM   #1197
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: Guitar Hero. Awesome.

I don't get it. Seriously.

I was doing fine yesterday. I get on today and I get hit with utter crap.

Cherub Rock? It's a slow-paced Smashing Pumpkins song. WHY AM I HITTING FIVE DIFFERENT PATTERNS OF TRIPLE NOTES AT ONCE.

Ugh. Somehow managed to pass that. Then I get to The Metal. Most whacked-up stream ever. Seriously. Can't people just write normal charts?

I somehow pass that and the encore and I'm hit with this horrible excuse for a song by Slipknot. I can't even hear the guitar but apparently it's going 200 BPM and has triples ALL OVER THE PLACE. OH SURE IT'S NOT HARD TO GO YBO to GRY IN LESS THAN HALF A SECOND. TOTALLY EASY.

The worst part is I swear I am hitting the other horribly-placed chart notes and they're just not going, so my meter is plummeting as I miss notes without even noticing (I don't get sour notes, but the white notes are working, which means I hit the first note in the stream, right?!)

This is the stupidest step chart I've seen since Cherub Rock, which was just stupid. It's like this only somewhat logical as it's just one finger off to replace another every new triple. This is just insane. No matter how you play, you have to slide all the way down to green from yellow and find the other two notes in 0.05 seconds.

God, now I know why I skipped this song when I had the choice. I hate Slipknot even more now.

Once again, the difficulty curve in this game is just beyond weird. I finally started getting the hang of playing on Hard and so they take advantage of that by assuming I can not only hit triples, but that I can hit them so proficiently well that I can shift from one triple immediately following a stream of difficulty-placed notes into multiple iterations of that triple, followed by a triple on the other side of the fret.

I love how the tutorial absolutely sucks. No mention of blue or orange. No mention of triples. No mention of anything relevant at all. "HEY CHECK OUT OUR NEW BATTLE MODE LOL!!!!!!!!!1111"

Ugh I give up. I practiced on Slowest, then Slower, then Slow, and then I played it. Then I failed. Again and again and again. So I played another song in Tier 7. And failed it. Then a different song. And failed it. Then the last song, Knights of Cydonia. And failed it. I passed the jacks and even held a combo through them the second time through of 100 notes. The SLOW part of the song that's supposed to be EASIER was MORE DIFFICULT.

Like I said, the difficulty curve is just broken. They make up notes and just throw them in randomly. I swear.

Last edited by Squeek; 11-1-2007 at 10:20 PM..
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote