Old 09-23-2007, 09:17 PM   #34
hayatewillown
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: righty turning lefty

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
You're thinking just the left hand.

As an aside, when my father (who was left handed) was in elementary school, his teachers used to tie his left arm behind his back so that he would be -forced- to use his right hand.

As a result he's what I call "Omnidexterous" rather than "Ambidexterous" and it seems like more people here are the former than the latter. To me Ambidexterous means "You can do all things with both hands equally well" and I define Omnidexterous (Which is basically I word I made up, I suppose Bidexterous works just as well) as being "You do roughly an equal number of things with each hand, but do them better with the preferred hand than the other"

So if you throw left, write with your right, kick right and bat left, I don't say that you're ambidexterous, because you aren't -equally- proficient with both hands in all cases.
Then I'm Omnidexterous?

Why exactly did they tie his hand?
Sounds interesting. I hold my gun trigger with my right arm/hand but I throw darts with my left hand. Is it a matter of the way you look or rather the hand dominance?

With me, I can right with both my hands very well, and it was because I broke my right arm in the 6th grade.