View Single Post
Old 05-7-2007, 08:11 PM   #30
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien
Default Re: Global Warming:Real or Fake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 p01nt3d*st@r View Post
global is deffintley real
i study weather a lot and i know that pollution in the atmousphere can cause a greenhouse affect. Rasing the earths tempeture by a couple degrese every decade or so.
its the reason all these tornadoes and hurracanes are hitting and the sea leval rising.
i predict i will get worse untill we do something about it. The tornado that hit greensburg,kansas was a 1 1/2 mile wide EF-5 and more tornadoes like that will hit more often maby even lager cities with a bigger death tool.
i predict we will get about 2-4 large hurracanes the season
i live whear one of the biggest tornades hit at that time on april,3,1974. It relly affected the area.
tornades can hit anywear and mabey even my town again.
global warming is real.
I refuse to believe you have any sort of high-level knowledge of weather, simply because of your grammar and spelling. Being unable to spell "temperature," "degrees," "hurricanes," and "tornadoes" does not support your claim that you "study weather a lot." It may be a lot to you, but judging from your post, it's paltry compared to some of the others.

But allow me to discuss some of your points anyway.

Hurricanes becoming more common? They're not. This past hurricane season for eastern USA was NOTHING like expectations, and was very calm. Tornadoes are not increasing at any sort of noticeable rate.

Simply go into the transcript of the special I talked about (earlier on in this thread), and you will see several scientists with Ph.D's in climatology talking about how there have been no noticeable increases in severe weather. I'm much more inclined to believe them than you, since you can't even spell "atmosphere."

As for madmatt621:

Graph 1: A temperature graph over a 140-year span, is it? Try a graph of the Earth's climate changes over a much longer period of time, since only 140 years could easily be part of a standard climate variation.

Graph 2: Once again, only 10 years. Standard climate variation theory applies.

Graph 3: See graph arguments in previous posts.

Graph 4: Only 40 years, standard climate variation.

Graph 5: Solar changes don't really interest or concern what I've been talking about, so I don't think it really applies.

Graph 6: Notice the regular spikes in the graph? Now would be about the time another spike would be warranted. Besides, according to that graph, the most recent spike started occurring 10,000 years ago, well before humans developed any sort of civilization (with the five traits of a civilization; that started about 5,000 years ago in Sumer)

Graph 7: See graph arguments in previous posts. Also, it would be nice if there was some explanation as to what each color represented.

Graph 8/9: These are predictions, therefore there is nothing to refute.

Graph 10: Once again, only 40 years. The thickness would decrease as the world got warmer, wouldn't it? Standard climate variation, once again.

I have a question for the global warming supporters, though, that hasn't been answered yet.

Why, in the graph shown in An Inconvenient Truth, hailed as the champion documentary for global warming, did temperature tend to rise BEFORE CO2?