Old 03-27-2007, 08:59 PM   #23
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Re: TMNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Anyone who had a childhood in the early nineties is obligated to go see this movie.
Really, Guido? I was born in '88. I was 2 years old when the first film came out. I was 3 years old when the second film came out. The third film is irrelevant because it sucked noodles.

To be blunt, I simply don't remember that far into my childhood. My understanding is that I liked Ninja Turtles quite a bit, as I DO remember having some toys and I do remember the movies from back then, even if I don't remember seeing them in the theatre. Either way, I would like to see this movie at some time, but I won't go out of my way for it. I'll probably catch it in a few years when it gets to TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRapingDragon View Post
Fourth movie now has winters, no shredder because he's already been defeated twice.
I was under the understanding that this movie is not a direct sequel to any of the live action movies, but if it was to fit into that line, it'd fit after the first movie.

Either way, Shredder would be dead after the first movie and bringing him back for the second live action movie was probably just because they didn't want to bring in Krang or some other TMNT villain I don't know the name of because I was so ****ing young when this was hot ****.

@Mal: What you're saying can be said of pretty much every comic adapted to film or television. They tone it down so it'll appeal to a larger audience, usually children.