Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Brag Board (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   I had a pretty good day. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=96724)

foilman8805 07-26-2008 11:21 PM

I had a pretty good day.

Had a pretty good day on FFR today. Nailed a few tough AAA's and some that had been haunting me for quite some time.

I kind of felt like this was an awkward file. Strange 16th streams and little bursts. Took me quite a few tries to finally get this one down.

This is one of those tourny songs that was just released. I played it once like a week ago and quit out for some reason...anyways, I played again today and AAA'd first try. Has some pretty tricky jumpstream with a couple spots with 12th/24th rolls. A good AAA for me.

Another tourny song from a week or so ago. Lots of 16th stream and some jumpstream at the end. Second Challenging AAA of the day.

****ing Delta Beat. Cool song, and I really like the steps. I've been trying for a few weeks to finally get this down. It was the ending that always screwed me up. A very high VD in my opinion.

Song of the week. Saw it was released so I played it and eventually AAA'd. I don't remember anything hard or cool about this file.

This song took me quite a few tries for some reason. The jump patterns would cross my fingers up and I'd end up galloping in some spots. Took awhile to correct, but it was a neat song, so I didn't get tired of listening to it.

Oh God, Sepia. This has been haunting me for ages. When I was a nub, it used to be my favorite song to FC. I had trouble with those bizarre bursts of colored arrows at like 230 combo and then at six-hundred something. Really happy to finally nail this AAA because it's a great song.

Deep ****ing Breath. **** those rolls, man. **** those rolls.

Last AAA of the day, and arguably the best. The ending of this song with the jump bursts used to tear me up. One try before this AAA I got 2 Goods on the last jump, and was pretty infuriated. Immediately did a second run and raped the ending for my 3rd Challenging AAA, and 9th AAA of the day.

Cool. =)

Redorigami 07-26-2008 11:27 PM

Re: I had a pretty good day.

Haha, nice scores.

I agree about deep breath and sepia though, just got those myself :P

cry4eternity 07-26-2008 11:28 PM

Nice! Deep Breath is good because of those stupid rolls, but Carol Megamix is good too because it's kinda long.

EAGAMES 07-27-2008 12:01 AM

Sword Strike is the new Party4U? 0.o

I really like that Carol Megamix score you got there.

foilman8805 07-27-2008 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redorigami (Post 2396389)
Haha, nice scores.

I agree about deep breath and sepia though, just got those myself :P

Thanks, Red. You've been tearing up FFR lately yourself. I see you a couple spots below me on like every level I AAA'd today. Share the wealth. >_<

WhyCry 07-27-2008 12:47 AM

Nice AAAs! Keep up the good work.

Redorigami 07-27-2008 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foilman8805 (Post 2396596)
Thanks, Red. You've been tearing up FFR lately yourself. I see you a couple spots below me on like every level I AAA'd today. Share the wealth. >_<

You can have the wealth, I'm about done with FFR anyway :) So now, go tear up some epic stuff and make an epic thread that will go down in FFR history.

foilman8805 07-27-2008 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redorigami (Post 2396605)
You can have the wealth, I'm about done with FFR anyway :) So now, go tear up some epic stuff and make an epic thread that will go down in FFR history.

Are you quitting? :(

Redorigami 07-27-2008 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foilman8805 (Post 2396619)
Are you quitting? :(

More or less.

*end thread derailment*

lumphoboextreme 07-27-2008 12:59 AM

i had a better day. ;)

[HectoGtzMX] 07-27-2008 01:02 AM

White monkey was better.

Nice carol, one of my first VC AAA's, fun file.

LLaMaSaUceYup 07-27-2008 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redorigami (Post 2396626)
More or less.

*end thread derailment*

Credits please/

Nice scores! Carol is my favorite, very fun song ;D

foilman8805 07-27-2008 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [HectoGtzMX] (Post 2396637)
White monkey was better.

Nice carol, one of my first VC AAA's, fun file.

White monkey was better, but white monkey does not go with the new profile. =)

And Carol is a Challenging...was it ever VC?

Thanks to everyone. :D

[HectoGtzMX] 07-27-2008 01:59 AM

Oh well, it was a 10 when I AAAed it, a lot of things have changed since avmiss fix, heheh.

-Yukari- 07-27-2008 02:08 AM

IIRC it was never a VC, but anybody who can read the **** at the end can't be a horrible player. Nice win, nice win. Delta Beat is clearly the best here though; easily one of the worst offbeat pieces of **** I've played in my life. Still haven't AAAed it after about 10 tries.

Popmeister 07-27-2008 02:10 AM

Who's the beast NOW??? ;D

Damn nice bunch of AAA's there.

foilman8805 07-27-2008 02:42 AM

Haha, Pop. You made me smile. :D