Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Films and Television (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   WALL-E (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=95230)

Izzy 06-29-2008 01:05 PM

WALL-E

First thing from disney ive seen in along time that was actually good. But i have never seen so many animated obese people ever. Was strange. Actually this is the only disney thing i have seen in a good 8 years.

Adamaja456 06-29-2008 01:22 PM

Re: WALL-E

i remember when the very first trailers came out, they made absolutely no sense at all.

But after seeing a REAL trailer, it does look like a pretty good movie

Probably watch it online sometime

Specforces 06-29-2008 01:23 PM

Izzy, I don't mean to be an ass, but is English your first language?

Izzy 06-29-2008 01:27 PM

Sorry I'm just spilling out nonsense while watching TV. If you have a problem with it, you can change it.

MystictheHedgehog 06-29-2008 01:27 PM

It was ok. Not my favorite Pixar movie...in fact, in terms of Pixar I was slightly disappointed. But it wasn't bad...just not....good.

FictionJunction 06-29-2008 02:27 PM

I actually loved the movie and thought it was better than Ratatouille and The Incredibles.

Beethovens mask 06-29-2008 03:06 PM

My favorite part was the happy upbeat song playing while Pixar gave you the desolate view of the future Earth in the beginning. It was very ironic.

Also I love how Pixar is mocking how human ways are changing. All of their meals are in cups, they never walk, and the humans are so immersed in their T.V. sets that they don't notice the world (ship) passing them by.

Izzy 06-29-2008 03:07 PM

I still think all those fat people would have died trying to rebuild earth.

Edit: While that beginning music was playing i was just thinking about how sadistic it was. Still funny.

smartdude1212 06-29-2008 03:19 PM

I'm rather looking forward to it. Might go see it tonight.

roundbox 06-29-2008 03:20 PM

+1000 agree with edu

They also really did an awesome job with the visuals on Earth as complete desolation

MystictheHedgehog 06-29-2008 03:28 PM

Sorry, I liked The Incredibles a lot more than this. It wasn't as good as everyone is making it out to be. Though, like Beethoven's Mask, I laughed at the humans.

Izzy 06-29-2008 03:30 PM

You cant exactly say that because its opinion. To alot of people i am sure this was alot better then the incredibles. Maybe not for you but you cant make that statement.

Redorigami 06-29-2008 03:35 PM

It seems like it's gonna be a good movie. I can't judge yet though :/

One question. What's with the obsession with Wall-E himself? Everyone ogling him and what not...it's a primitive animated robot. I don't see the fascination.

Izzy 06-29-2008 03:36 PM

Where do you see people being obsessed with the robot himself?

Redorigami 06-29-2008 03:40 PM

All kinds of people I know as well as the commercials saying stuff about Wall-E being such a cutie and how you're just going to love him and yadda yadda.

LLaMaSaUceYup 06-29-2008 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FictionJunction (Post 2277430)
I actually loved the movie and thought it was better than Ratatouille and The Incredibles.

Oh I must see it then!
;D

dawg4321 06-29-2008 03:58 PM

I have the exact opposite view of you Izzy lol. I thought Wall-e was one of my least favorites from pixar. It was still really good, but it just didn't have that "pixar magic" that ratatouille had. Now, if I was a critic, (I actually want to be a movie critic lol) I would say the visuals in wall-e are simply amazing, and the non-dialogue parts work out just fine, but I found a plot kind of lacking.

Specforces, why does it matter if people don't like to speak with correct grammar? It's the internet. This is the one place where it doesn't even matter lol. I'm sure a good majority of people on this site are excellent writers anyways.

EDIT: also just some kewl stuff. metacritic gave it a 93/100 which makes it the highest rated movie of the year. Ratatouille did receive a 96/100 though :P

eastsideman09 06-29-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 2276594)
First thing from disney ive seen in along time that was actually good. Actually this is the only disney thing i have seen in a good 8 years.

Come oooooon...Pirates of the Caribbean... all three of them. :P

And I would totally go see this movie, only I'm strapped for cash and just saw Wanted.... and now I'm waiting for Hancock.... but I would really like to see this one...

dawg4321 06-29-2008 04:13 PM

yeah, wanted was so incredibly violent lol. anyway going to see it should know it's completely different from the previews. hancock looks awesome because will smith is amazing, but i'm sure it won't be anything better than average on a critic standpoint. prolly 2 stars at max.

Izzy 06-29-2008 04:14 PM

I guess i didnt say it but i silently meant animated movies.
Pirates did lack alot of realism and it was hard to follow. Overall a fun movie to watch anyway.