Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Any tips for spread? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=79134)

f lee 09-28-2007 02:46 PM

Any tips for spread?

Yeah, well, I currently play with two hands (left index finger on left, left middle finger on up, right index finger on down, and right middle finger on right). I'm trying to switch to spread, and right now, the only real problem I have are with jumps, especially down and right for some strange reason. I was just wondering what I should work on, etc.

korny 09-28-2007 03:16 PM

Re: Any tips for spread?

Switch to one hand. You can do much harder songs with one hand than you are able to spread.

sticklydude 09-28-2007 03:21 PM

play askl or something
and korny you avatar is disturbing....

MagicCarpetRide 09-28-2007 03:24 PM

That's strange. Most people use right hand for up, left hand for down. Try it out.

thechild 09-28-2007 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korny (Post 1807168)
Switch to one hand. You can do much harder songs with one hand than you are able to spread.

Okay

1) He's messing with you. Spread is much better.
2) Korny.. Change your avi.. I'm not sure if it's considered appropiate or not

inflames07 09-28-2007 04:45 PM

Wow that's a weird "spread"
Try using left index on down, left middle on left arrow, right index on num pad 8 and right middle on num pad 6. If you get the auto script thing for key mapping, try something like DF JK for spread.

Adamaja456 09-28-2007 04:51 PM

download AHK and use whatever keys feel comfortable

i use ASKL

Roy Campbell 09-28-2007 05:39 PM

I recommend playing 4-finger (using the number pad, both hands like I do) or downloading Mrichard's keymapping program found in this thread. Mrichard's program lags considerably less than AHK (autohotkey) which is why I recommend it, and it has both a boo out key and a try again key. It's also a lot easier to set up than AHK is.

f lee 09-28-2007 06:53 PM

Yeah, I'm not all concerned about which keys to use. I'm using askl already. My only problem is that my fingers need to get used to hitting the right keys.

unkdavar 09-28-2007 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thechild (Post 1807184)
1) He's messing with you. Spread is much better.

Until you talk about trills. It is much easier to do some trills one handed.

Roy Campbell 09-28-2007 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f lee (Post 1807431)
Yeah, I'm not all concerned about which keys to use. I'm using askl already. My only problem is that my fingers need to get used to hitting the right keys.

To get used to hitting the right keys play songs that are challenging enough that you miss some of the arrows but at the same time you aren't mashing.

Brilliant Dynamite Neon 09-28-2007 07:16 PM

AutoHotkey gives you keyboard 2keymax tendencies when hitting faster notes. I suggest moving the keyboard into a more favorable position and playing <V86.

ieatyourlvllol 09-28-2007 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f lee (Post 1807431)

1. Find a moderately paced (for you) song
2. Ignore the left and right arrows and focus on hitting up and down. -v^- Develop your consistency to the point where you no longer stumble
3. Reverse the process and do only the outside keys. <-->
Optional: Repeat with left side then right side <v-- / --^>
4. Once comfortable, play the song normally

Soon enough, your inverted habit should completely dissolve and you'll have standard spread wired into your hands.