Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   World Of Warcraft!!! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=62238)

ellabella20 03-6-2007 07:53 PM

World Of Warcraft!!!

Okay, so I was talking with my friends in the lunchline 2day, and we were making plans for after school 2day. Meghan asked what did people usually do after school, and Matt said he usually goes home and plays world of warcraft on the internet. Since im always on Myspace, I didn't really know what world of warcraft really was. Matt said that it is an internet game were you play against other people in a war situation. To me, this sounded stupid, but he says it's and internet sensation. So, what do you think? Do you play WOW
(world of warcraft), or are you just now hearing about it. If you do play WOW, can you explain it in a little bit more detail, cause I'm still not getting how it's fun or the little details of the game. :confused:

lumphoboextreme 03-6-2007 07:55 PM

Re: World Of Warcraft!!!

lol. i dont like wow very much. hmm, my brother plays it and it just seems like a little more advanced version of runescape.

tsugomaru 03-6-2007 08:15 PM

There is an actual World of Warcraft thread on this forum. It's here: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ad.php?t=58196.

I cannot garauntee that you'll learn more about the game from that thread, but you can find some players there who do play the game.

A good place to go to learn about World of Warcraft is to go to the actual site itself instead of asking for help at a forum like this.

~Tsugomaru

Sephiroth201 03-6-2007 08:41 PM

70 Undead Mage, Epic flying mount, T3. =D
I have no lyfe.

-Shattered Hand

tsugomaru 03-6-2007 09:22 PM

Your post tells me you haven't read a single post in this thread. Not all WoW threads are "POST YOUR CHARACTER" type things.

~Tsugomaru

xDivinityx 03-7-2007 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth201 (Post 1303436)
70 Undead Mage, Epic flying mount, T3. =D
I have no lyfe.

-Shattered Hand

Learn to Tier 4.

Kevin_18 03-7-2007 10:06 AM

Why go Tier 4....when there's Tier 5. :)

Hawbs 03-7-2007 10:12 AM

I've been playing WoW for a while now, since beta.

Basically you create a personalized character, and go run around and play with friends. You can do quests, kill other people who are playing, or just adventure. The world that you play in is huge, and there can be thousands of people online at the same time. It becomes a small community as you play it more. You'll make friends and enemies.

If you want to know more, keep reading. I'm not going to bother typing out the entire storyline, i'll just type enough information to hopefully peak your interest.

(I play horde, so this may seem 'somewhat' biased. =])

All in all, there are two factions. The individual races which make up each faction are comparable to The Lord of the Rings. So it kind of helps that one is familiar with them when explaining the WoW factions.

The Alliance: Little fairy sissies.
Humans (pic)
Dwarves (pic)
Night Elves (pic)
Gnomes (pic)
Draenei (pic)

The Horde: The Awesome.
Orcs (pic)
Trolls (pic)
Undead (pic)
Tauren (pic)
Blood Elves (pic)

When you create a character you have the option to select from any of the above races. Each race then will have certain classes you can choose from which all have their own unique specialty.

Warrior (Moderate-High Damage, High Defense)
Rogue (High Damage, Low Defense)
Hunter (Ranged Damage, Medium Defense)
Warlock (Ranged Magic Damage, Low Defense)
Mage (Ranged Magic Damage, Low Defense)
Priest (Healing Class, Low Defense)
Shaman (Hybrid)
Paladin (Hybrid)
Druid (Hybrid)

*For some reason I feel like i'm leaving a class out >.<

Certain classes cannot be played by certain races. For example, the druid class is restriced to the Tauren and Night Elf races.

Basically the Horde and Alliance are at war. Whichever faction you choose, you will be doing quests for your friends to unfold the storyline of the game. The games quest design starts you off building a hatred for the opposite faction making you believe that they are the enemies.

As you grow more comfortable with the game, the quests and zones become competative between factions. For example, you might have to go into a *dangerous*forest and collect some sort of flower. Whereas a member of the opposite faction might have the same quests. This is where the fun comes in. You get to fight for the flowers!

"NO THAT'S MY FLOWER!!"
Your Immolate hits [Flower Theif] for 569
Your Shadowbolt crits [Flower Theif] for 2231
Your Conflagurate crits [Flower Theif] for 1956
You have slain [Flower Theif]!
You perform Gathering on Flower
/dance

Overall World of Warcraft is a great game. It's easy to learn, difficult to master. It kind of helps if you have alot of time to invest into it.

I hope this helps. lol.

-- Hawbs of Dentarg

Sephiroth201 03-7-2007 06:58 PM

Lol, I don't care if it doesn't say to post my character stuff.

And the reason I don't have T4 or 5.. Hmm.. Please, Think for a second here with me.

Maybe I havn't run anything to get it?
Maybe my guild isin't ready for it?
Maybe I don't feel like it?
Use your brain please.

xDivinityx 03-11-2007 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_18 (Post 1307745)
Why go Tier 4....when there's Tier 5. :)

That's one hot pic.. your guild cleared Serpentshrine Cavern? or is it one of Fanatik's beta pics..

Pippin667 03-12-2007 11:49 AM

I stole a account and 9 months worth of game play from Target and i knew i wasnt going to have a social life if i kept playing. lol