Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The NPMGP (acronym explanation within) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=44551)

mackmcd 06-23-2006 02:44 PM

The NPMGP (acronym explanation within)

The Non-Power Metal Guitar Pack
UPDATED: July 2nd, 10:21pm EST
THIS POST WILL BE EDITED AS PROGRESS IS MADE

That's right, folks. an FFR noob is making a keyboard pack for your enjoyment. The VGMP is out, I have alot of free time on my hands, and would love to make a pack that I think everyone can enjoy.

The idea is simply to create a FUN keyboard pack comprised of "good" songs. I'm tired of ****ing power metal, and I don't think I'm the only one. I'd love to play a WELL MADE Protest the Hero song, or a decent AC/DC tune. something that makes me go "**** YEAH!" when I'm playing it.

DETAILS:
I will be the overall judge. I will look for technicality, difficulty and above all, fun. if you really want to submit another file like Reality, Disregard, MSWGO etc, please include a 12 or, at most, 13 foot heavy option.

FOR PEOPLE WHO INTEND TO MAKE ORIGINAL STEPFILES FOR THIS PACK
I will also judge based on the song. yes, if I honestly think the song is a peice of garbage and has no place in my pack, I will reject it, regardless of how well stepped it is. therefore, to save us all a ****load of time, PM me the title of the song, and if need be, I may request the mp3. if the song is already stepped, sending the whole thing is fine.

I will only accept submissions from the original simfile artists, and I will only accept unreleased stepfiles.

JUDGES:
- mackmcd
- AMEX
- Akuma327
- john11
- Z3ratul

thanks again to everyone who offered to help.
judges, please give me your AIM and/or MSN to communicate, and post below.

SUBMISSIONS:
mackmcd
PM: pm me the title of the song
MSN: mackmcd@hotmail.com
AIM: mcface420
AMEX
MSN: xllx_admiral_xllx@hotmail.com
AIM: FinalSakaseyou
akuma327
MSN: akuma327@hotmail.com
AIM: BillCosby87
Z3ratul
email: pmhz3727@gmail.com
AIM: Z3Narb
john11
email: bernhajs@rose-hulman.edu

GRAPHICS:
accepting all submissions for a sig banner via pm. something to promote the **** of out this thing. that's all I'm really worried about at this point, seeing as I don't even have a sim submission yet. but if you're interested in doing graphics, let me know.

as a side note, I will actually be attempting to make one or two simfiles to add myself, provided they pass the judgments of the other judges. :)

and that's it. I'll add more as I think of it.

DISCUSS!

Yesssss 06-23-2006 03:09 PM

Re: The NPMGP (acronym explanation within)

I'm not liking the fact that released sims can be put in the pack. There also seems to be a lot of metal sims out there.

However, if this is done well and people participate, this could turn out good.

Snowcrafta 06-23-2006 03:13 PM

lol i'll put in my two cents

Necros140606 06-23-2006 03:21 PM

if this pack has to be done in a decent way you must specify rules and terms. you didn't said anything about graphics, and for metal sims gfx is a cronic problem. also, you asked for hard steps, but didn't specified. the other problem of metal sims is that they often are very boring and/or bull**** made. finally i am saying this is a good idea only if it is organized in good way.

oh yes, i don't like the fact you will reject songs you don't like.

Bursurk_Lurk 06-23-2006 03:22 PM

Why the hell not

Gimme something to step

(and yes sertman, I might finish Sun of Pearl for this)

ducky285 06-23-2006 04:13 PM

I might contribute a Pearl Jam song to this. I think I have a few that sound like they're steppable.

macgravel 06-23-2006 04:16 PM

I'm game, as long as I can find a good song >_>

mackmcd 06-23-2006 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bursurk_Lurk
Why the hell not

Gimme something to step

(and yes sertman, I might finish Sun of Pearl for this)

Lurk, I got a song for you to step.

as for the rest, this isn't a metal pack. not at all. the name is a joke at all the power metal songs released. will there be metal in it? sure, maybe a few songs, but this is a GUITAR pack. some mexican acoustic music would make an excellent contribution. if it's got guitars and good steps, it's got a shot.

as for rejecting songs I don't like, it's not just pure taste. you can tell from listening to a song if it's going to make a good simfile. that's all I mean by that. Dance Dance by Fall Out Boy would barely make a good simfile. that's all.

and graphics... I wasn't worrying about that part yet, considering I know several people who are good with graphics, and I wanted to leave it open for people to be like "yo! I'll do graphics!". when it comes to graphics, the more the merrier.

UPDATE: AIM address added.

DiGiTaLSeraph 06-23-2006 04:38 PM

J-Rock accepted? If so, I'm most likely in. I've been looking for an excuse to sim some rock songs.

BUT- If you don't care for j-rock, then I'll probably sim some pink floyd or ac/dc anyways, since I've been looking for an excuse to sim something for those bands too, LOL

mackmcd 06-23-2006 04:40 PM

sample me some J-Rock, if possible. never heard of him/her/them.

DiGiTaLSeraph 06-23-2006 04:44 PM

J-Rock = Japanese rock. If you hear a rock song for the theme of some anime, it's most likely done by a J-Rock band.

I had Phantasmagoria in mind, if you wanted a particular band.

Yesssss 06-23-2006 04:44 PM

If I ever get good at syncing, I'll step some Keller Williams.

macgravel 06-23-2006 04:44 PM

J-Rock = Japanese Rock.

Haha, we three posted at the same exact time XD

mackmcd 06-23-2006 04:46 PM

haha, yes j-rock is perfectly acceptable.

Snowcrafta 06-23-2006 04:56 PM

http://snowc.tsutter.com/music/

Here's a few choices of possible stuff. I'll update it as I find cool stuff

dballin4 06-23-2006 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necros140606
if this pack has to be done in a decent way you must specify rules and terms. you didn't said anything about graphics, and for metal sims gfx is a cronic problem. also, you asked for hard steps, but didn't specified. the other problem of metal sims is that they often are very boring and/or bull**** made. finally i am saying this is a good idea only if it is organized in good way.

oh yes, i don't like the fact you will reject songs you don't like.

You may resume jerking off to Sharpnel **** now.

I like the idea of this pack. I have some stuff in mind, but you all know me and actualy doing what I said I would for packs. >.>

mackmcd 06-23-2006 05:06 PM

haha, thanks dballin. I look forward to your possible submissions in the near future or never, if you feel like it... or not. whatever.

TheRapingDragon 06-23-2006 05:07 PM

I'm just uploading a few songs that people can check out, it's all guitar songs and all instrumental, might be good songs to step for a guitar pack.

Ok

If it's guitar stuff you want, here are some that I can provide, in a zip file which includes:

Pain of Salvation: Brickwork Part 2 - VII and X.

Both are live acoustic guitar songs.

John Petrucci/Jordan Rudess - Furia Turina and Bite of The Mosquito

First one is acoustic guitar/piano stuff, second one is electric guitar/piano stuff.

Ayreon - Chaos

Great metal instrumental that includes a guitar solo and a drum solo, might be fun to step.

Circus Maximus - Biosfear

Fast guitar work here, they are a Dream Theater wannabe group, but are still awesome.

Frank Zappa - Were We Really Ever Safe In San Antonio?

From "Guitar" a double album that consists entirely of Zappa doing guitar solos, so I have about 20 other songs if you want guitar songs by him.

Then I got bored looking through my music. So check that guitar stuff out:

http://rapidshare.de/files/23930868/Guitar.rar.html

This is really for people looking for some possible songs to step, I've tried to include a variety of guitar stuff in there.

TheEvilHobo 06-23-2006 05:31 PM

When I get on AIM I'll send you a song because I'm not sure it you would consider it "Power metal". It's by a band called Dry Cell.

dascookieman 06-23-2006 05:39 PM

I find this idea super-awesome, good luck mackmcd! I'll see if I can make something as well