Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Stepmania (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Simply Gruz - Simply Love for KB (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145440)

Gruzzly_Bear 09-8-2016 09:36 AM

Simply Gruz - Simply Love for KB

Ay everyone. This is my edit of Simply Love by dguzek called Simply Gruz. It is designed for 40% mini playfields or smaller, and is semi-inspired by xwidghet's own edit. It features a full, top-to-bottom playfield, and other neat features such as DP scoring, music wheel grades (adapted from scwh), a nicer subtractive scoring and much more. It also focuses on a e s t h e t i c s, cleanliness and simplicity - a cleaner font and no more of that hearts shit (full black background boi)! The theme also includes some unique but useful additions such as a judgment font with no marvelous!

Hopefully this theme is useful for some people! (4:3 support only atm sorry)

(also massive thanks to Jousway for bugfixing and helping out with the theme in general)

Download here!

Jousway 09-8-2016 09:40 AM

Re: Simply Gruz - Simply Love for KB

Crazyjayde 09-8-2016 01:16 PM

This is everything I wanted and more. Kudos and major props. ♥

Edit : Well I can't get SM 5.0.5+ to work anymore RIP.

Jousway 09-8-2016 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazyjayde (Post 4473171)
Edit : Well I can't get SM 5.0.5+ to work anymore RIP.

cant ya just download 5.0.12 and run it, if ya get errors post them here and see if we can figure it out :>

MooMoo_Cowfreak 09-9-2016 07:18 PM

Loving the theme so far, I just get this everytime I go back to the song wheel:

Theme is working perfectly fine, that info just pops up every time.

Also, if you made it so you could see CD Titles this theme would be PERFECT

Crazyjayde 09-9-2016 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jousway (Post 4473208)
cant ya just download 5.0.12 and run it, if ya get errors post them here and see if we can figure it out :>

Oh it's because I get the usual DirectX internal error when trying to install the end-user runtimes that are required for SM 5.0.5 and onward (I believe ?), since I run a latter version. I'm not to keen on clean installing DirectX to be honest, or savvy enough really. Any workaround ? D:

Tried this so far and I've let Windows fetch the redistributables by itself but to no avail.

Crazyjayde 09-9-2016 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazyjayde (Post 4473423)
I've let Windows fetch the redistributables by itself but to no avail.

Uhhhh so nevermind that actually worked and I've been able to install the runtimes, but Stepmania still isn't cooperating. No errors, no crash reports but an unresponsive black screen upon startup. I'm guessing load times aren't supposed to last half an hour. I'm stumped.

Jousway 09-10-2016 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooMoo_Cowfreak (Post 4473420)
Loving the theme so far, I just get this everytime I go back to the song wheel:

Theme is working perfectly fine, that info just pops up every time.

Also, if you made it so you could see CD Titles this theme would be PERFECT

I allready fixed those bugs, I guess ya downloaded the old release version :> try getting the latest ver :>

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazyjayde (Post 4473428)
Uhhhh so nevermind that actually worked and I've been able to install the runtimes, but Stepmania still isn't cooperating. No errors, no crash reports but an unresponsive black screen upon startup. I'm guessing load times aren't supposed to last half an hour. I'm stumped.

can ya check the log file in %appdata%/stepmania5/logs and post it on pastebin :>

Gruzzly_Bear 09-10-2016 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazyjayde (Post 4473428)

i'm guessing that this issue is exclusive to my theme? try moving my theme out of your stepmania directory—it should then load the default theme. If it doesn't, then the issue is on the stepmania side of things. try a reinstall of stepmania 5.0.12 directly from the github.

if that two things don't fix it, then unfortunately i have no idea what the problem is. hard to find the solution to an issue without bug reports or crashes ;( sorry man

edit: also do what jousway said and check logs

MooMoo_Cowfreak 09-10-2016 10:32 AM

Got the update, looks great and I love some of the small changes. The song wheel got better but I'm still getting a bit of bug info up top:

Again, this seems to be a cosmetic thing so no biggie but it is a little annoying.

Jousway 09-10-2016 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooMoo_Cowfreak (Post 4473522)
Got the update, looks great and I love some of the small changes. The song wheel got better but I'm still getting a bit of bug info up top:
Again, this seems to be a cosmetic thing so no biggie but it is a little annoying.

already fixed it in master, but if you dont want to redownload the theme go to

Simply-Gruz/Graphics/MusicWheelItem grades.lua

and replace
Code:

InitCommand=cmd(xy,150,-1;zoom,0.5;maxwidth,WideScale(get43size(20),20)/0.5),
with
Code:

InitCommand=cmd(xy,150,-1;zoom,0.5;maxwidth,WideScale((640*(20/854)),20)/0.5),

MooMoo_Cowfreak 09-10-2016 01:03 PM

Actually, you changed the position of the receptors in this newest update, and it completely messes with my MA. I'm going to stay with the old version which mimics Simply Love.

I only looked at the song wheel after getting the update and posted that pic, hadn't had a chance to actually play a game yet.

Crazyjayde 09-10-2016 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jousway (Post 4473504)
can ya check the log file in %appdata%/stepmania5/logs and post it on pastebin :>

Ohh I totally forgot about user data. Here is. Ty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruzzly_Bear (Post 4473505)
i'm guessing that this issue is exclusive to my theme? try moving my theme out of your stepmania directory—it should then load the default theme. If it doesn't, then the issue is on the stepmania side of things. try a reinstall of stepmania 5.0.12 directly from the github.

Yeah I'm running everything from the initial package. I've also just tried scrapping my old user data so that it wouldn't interfere with the 5.0.12 files. Nothing. I'm keeping your theme safely though. ;)

Gruzzly_Bear 09-11-2016 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooMoo_Cowfreak (Post 4473540)
Actually, you changed the position of the receptors in this newest update, and it completely messes with my MA.

apologies about that, thought it would be better to have a playfield that covers the full screen for both reverse and upscroll.

if you want to change it back to the old one, go to metrics.ini, Ctrl-F ReceptorArrowsStandard and change the line

ReceptorArrowsYStandard=-210 to
ReceptorArrowsYStandard=-125.

one of the to-do things is an in-game option to change this—thanks for reminding me! :)

edit: also apologies to everyone for my overall shittiness at finding bugs and fixing them—jousway is assisting a lot in that (and major thanks for that)!

MooMoo_Cowfreak 09-11-2016 11:32 AM

Worked perfectly, thanks!

You added CD Titles and the stuff on the scroll wheel is gone *swoons*

Gruzzly_Bear 09-15-2016 11:37 PM

Update time! The theme has been aesthetically overhauled and now uses the font Helvetica *gasps*! Most screens are now black and grey, with accents of color. Things added since i last posted include:

* redesigned evaluation screen
* cleaned up select music
* new judgment font (helvetica) and graphics
* nps and cdtitle

A lot of other general stuff has changed - here are some screenshots:

MooMoo_Cowfreak 09-17-2016 05:06 PM

Don't fix it if it ain't broken I say, I much prefer the aesthetic of the previous version (1.1.4 I think?)

Gruzzly_Bear 09-18-2016 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooMoo_Cowfreak (Post 4475554)
Don't fix it if it ain't broken I say, I much prefer the aesthetic of the previous version (1.1.4 I think?)

the old version is still there if you want it :). everyone else i've asked seems to like the changes i've made, especially to the evaluation screen. also, backgrounds are now available theme wide, which means that everything is not as black and boring anymore.

this was always the direction that i wanted the theme to go into - a complete aesthetic overhaul. and from most of the feedback i've gotten, the aesthetic overhaul seems to have been pretty successful. but you can't always satisfy everyone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

thanks for at least providing feedback though, it is much appreciated. at least now i know that someone cares about this theme :))

jose656 09-18-2016 03:03 AM

Holy Shit this theme is amazing.

MooMoo_Cowfreak 09-18-2016 09:51 AM

For sure! And yea I definitely kept the old version.