Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Technology (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   "Smart" Phones (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145356)

Spenner 08-28-2016 08:58 PM

"Smart" Phones

So I've had terrible luck/been incredibly stupid with my phones as long as I've had a smart phone. It's been drowned twice (but revived, thanks rice) and now the screen is crazily warped because uh, well, I'm not the smartest myself. I was recording a video and I attempted to throw my phone across the room, and land ON CARPET--- but my art sucks and it went way sideways and hit a big wooden table. The screen didn't crack at all so I thought it was fine. But checking it now, good lord. I can't see anything, and what I can see is an inverted looking, crazy looking corner of the screen.

Has anyone, well you don't have to admit to throwing your phone like an idiot-- but has anyone had this occur from an accident of some kind? What did you do about it?

Also I'm stupid for not buying a case. That could have prevented this :mrgreen: anyhow, FlAKFJLKASJFLK thanks.

Kawaii025 08-28-2016 10:24 PM

Re: "Smart" Phones

This is why I have an Otter Box. As much as my phone has been dropped, thrown, and fallen down ladders, I'm surprised it hasn't cracked. (I have an iPhone)

Izzy 08-29-2016 09:12 AM

I've actually never damaged a phone before and I don't use cases. I guess I just don't attempt to throw delicate pieces of expensive hardware across rooms. =|

choof 08-29-2016 09:18 AM

once again, izzy comes through with yet another insightful post filled with wisdom
truly you are a fountain of shit

I usually just put a case and screen protector on it. they're generally fairly cheap, especially if you buy them from a phone accessory store or online.

Izzy 08-29-2016 09:23 AM

Glad to be of assistance. I answered the two questions given in the thread. =)

choof 08-29-2016 09:27 AM

sure but the answers you gave help no one and only serve you in sucking your own dick

Izzy 08-29-2016 09:29 AM

There is no legitimate way to "help" anyone in this thread and I sincerely doubt that was the intent. . The OP already knows what he has to do if he wants to resolve his problem, but he wasn't even asking for help in the first place.

Charu 08-29-2016 09:36 AM

I still own a 2005 flip phone from Verizon.

I'm truly ahead of the game.

Spenner 08-29-2016 07:29 PM

Thanks choof I was gonna ask where to buy a case, I just went in the money and bought a new screen and got it installed... problem solved, money gone, just enough left to buy said case.

Thread over.

Winrar 08-30-2016 01:36 AM

Will confirm otter box is worth. I've done a lot of contracting jobs and the abuse my phones taken and survived without a scratch is really something.

TheThong 08-30-2016 07:47 PM

I always have bad luck with phones. Luckily most of the phones I've had were given to me haha. I remember getting a sony Xperia for my birthday a few years back, and it was meant to be ' waterproof' and able to take pictures underwater. So I was super excited and thought it would be a great idea to take underwater photos at the beach. It died straight away haha. Tried the rice method and nothing worked. Also broke two iPhones from dropping them. I've been fairly good with the phone I have now, two years strong!

Son Paimon 09-13-2016 05:06 PM

Try having really young kids and really nice things. It doesn't always work.

But besides putting all blame on my kids for ruining my phone, I tend to just lose my phone. I never liked phone calls and such, so I never remember what I do with the phone when I'm done with it. Half the time, I've left it at work or with my kids.