Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   ITT: Favorite round? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145187)

blanky! 08-15-2016 12:05 PM

ITT: Favorite round?

Post what you think was the best round of the official and possibly why.

choof 08-15-2016 12:06 PM

Re: ITT: Favorite round?

the one where odd22 and undici got released

blanky! 08-15-2016 12:12 PM

I'd have to say the 5th round had the most interesting files and songs, if not the hardest. You had a stacked songlist, from japanime D4 to memecore D7, and everything from D3-7 had some sort of nontrivial patterns (and even D1 with swing!). Adjacent rounds only had 1-2 charts that were interesting enough both song/file wise.

MikeShinoda12345 08-15-2016 12:20 PM

I found every song (except D1 ._.) in Round 6 super super fun
Suicide Pact? Wizdomiot? False White? Ripcord? Legit all amazing files

Dinglesberry 08-15-2016 12:44 PM

Round 2 cuz AAA

EDIT: To be honest I didn't like any round for D3 except for Round 1, 2 and 8... its like all the other rounds were trying to imply to me that I sucked at jacks :p

ItsOnlyDanO 08-15-2016 12:50 PM

round 9

inDheart 08-15-2016 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4465523)
Round 2 cuz AAA

EDIT: To be honest I didn't like any round for D3 except for Round 1, 2 and 8... its like all the other rounds were trying to imply to me that I sucked at jacks :p

lol i didn't like GIN TONIC FLAVOR because of that early colorstair i never understood

heartache and meteor lights were great, i'm just not good at them

Shadowcliff 08-15-2016 01:43 PM

D3 fest in here so far--round 7 was my favorite round for song choice because I think 0x69 is super fun. I think Dingles and I would have been biting our nails even more if he didn't hurt his arms. Round 1 is second fave because Funny Function is a fun chart. Round 6 I was glad when it was over because Suicide Pact isn't very good. Meteor Lights in round 5 helped me improve my skill significantly. Tournament has been very fun all around. Terminal 11 tho...

edit: Hey, what's the SM theme and noteskin I see used by most top-tier players? The one I'm thinking of is very simple, black backgrounds, PA+NPS counters on the side, noteskin has FFR colors. After the tournament I'm gonna shift focus to SM and try to find some comprehensive songpacks to hone my skill now that I can see new boundaries to push. Suggestions welcomed but also I need to do the digging myself

Wayward Vagabond 08-15-2016 01:57 PM

I didn't have any files in the tourney so they were all terrible

VisD 08-15-2016 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4465536)
I didn't have any files in the tourney so they were all terrible

actually though, the one with ripcord & false white - #1 and #2 amongst all the tourney files that I played.

Skullbac 08-15-2016 02:37 PM

Round 8 cuz D7 file might be the new hardest file in the game next to vertex beta vrofl haha

choof 08-15-2016 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowcliff (Post 4465535)

edit: Hey, what's the SM theme and noteskin I see used by most top-tier players? The one I'm thinking of is very simple, black backgrounds, PA+NPS counters on the side, noteskin has FFR colors. After the tournament I'm gonna shift focus to SM and try to find some comprehensive songpacks to hone my skill now that I can see new boundaries to push. Suggestions welcomed but also I need to do the digging myself

lots of people use either ca25nada's "spawncamping-wallhack" or mina's "transcendance"
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=141588
https://github.com/MinaciousGrace/Transcendence

for noteskins, people use what they're comfortable with. I've used a halved orbular skin forever but am switching over to dividebyzero, a noteskin made by mina.

Dynam0 08-15-2016 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skullbac (Post 4465543)
Round 8 cuz D7 file might be the new hardest file in the game next to vertex beta vrofl haha

For real Undici reminds me of when RATO was first released

lurker 08-15-2016 06:44 PM

i voted round 4 because i fucked up and meant to pick round 6

Dinglesberry 08-15-2016 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowcliff (Post 4465535)

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...44&postcount=5

TC_Halogen 08-15-2016 10:30 PM

As someone who helped staff, I'll have to say that my favorite round of this entire tournament was round 6. Absolutely fantastic song lineup from D1 all the way to D7; D1 got their first taste of playing charts in the bigger leagues that contained chart construction fitting of one to two divisions above them for their quarterfinals, D2 got a nasty chart filled with a ton of pattern constructions that was very much foreign for their level (tons of polyrhythms, bits of jacks, streams, etc), D3 had to learn to haul ass, D4 basically dealt with a just-outside-of-Scarhand-get/low-end Scarhand get, D5 got an Amber Shores reincarnate that was a bit more technical (though players seemed to find this one easier!?), D6 got a super intense, kick ass LeaF song by a new stepartist, and D7 actually showed signs of even the strongest players being slowed down on round 6 to where full comboing was a bit of a rarity, also from a first-time stepartist with regards to FFR.

I enjoyed round 6 from all fronts, personally.