Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Why was TGB moved from the bottom of the forum list to the top? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=144612)

igotrhythm 06-30-2016 01:15 AM

Why was TGB moved from the bottom of the forum list to the top?

Surely it's not THAT important. Unless those guys are getting big heads again...

devonin 06-30-2016 01:16 AM

Re: Why was TGB moved from the bottom of the forum list to the top?

It's the most active sub-forum on the site. The people who use it overwhelmingly ONLY use it. It was all the way at the bottom. Only people who've explicitly asked to see it can even see it. If you don't post there enough to think this is great, you can easily opt out of your keycard and stop seeing it at all.

I'm likely to be evaluating where most of the forums are in relation to each other, condensing a few things into sub-forums to make the front page of the forum easier to understand, and get some of the more esoteric bits a bit further away from the front page where they just overwhelm and confuse newbies.

It might easily get bumped down a section under the regular FFR forum stuff but above the non-ffr section. This was more just in the name of a quick and dirty implementation which would be easily noticeable.

you can even just collapse it with the arrow on the far right hand side, and it just looks like a thicker bar above the regular FFR forums.

s1rnight 06-30-2016 01:32 AM

u should let archowl reorder the forums he has some good ideas imo

devonin 06-30-2016 01:34 AM

I'll be talking to him, don't worry.

HeZe 06-30-2016 03:03 AM

Whaat?? Is TGB back? I thought it was removed. Can't find it though. Where is it?

devonin 06-30-2016 03:07 AM

It was hidden unless you request access through the usergroup functions of your user control panel.

s1rnight 06-30-2016 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4447030)
I'll be talking to him, don't worry.

yessss

top 06-30-2016 04:12 AM

*sniff*
Is... Is that change i smell?

HOT DIGGITY DOG

Contrapasso 06-30-2016 09:35 AM

I'm more interested in why devonin is a global moderator again
do we really need dev to be a mod again

TC_Halogen 06-30-2016 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrapasso (Post 4447082)
I'm more interested in why devonin is a global moderator again
do we really need dev to be a mod again

he's way better than most mods were because he actually knew how to enforce without favoritism (sans the single exception that needs not be mentioned)

i'm personally glad to see him back

Contrapasso 06-30-2016 09:39 AM

what is this, the third time he's left and come back? didn't he have that meltdown and said he wanted to leave ffr?

Contrapasso 06-30-2016 09:41 AM

"hey uh guys! remember when i went total sjw all over the forums because yoshl said some to the woman i was using at the time? yeah about that let me be able to ban ppl again l0l"

TC_Halogen 06-30-2016 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrapasso
"hey uh guys! remember when i went total sjw all over the forums because yoshl said some to the woman i was using at the time? yeah about that let me be able to ban ppl again l0l"

Quote:

what is this, the third time he's left and come back? didn't he have that meltdown and said he wanted to leave ffr?
cool let's use a single point in a situation that we know nothing about as the basis for disqualifying someone who was otherwise very good at what they did

sound logic

Contrapasso 06-30-2016 09:53 AM

cool let's just brush over an incident worthy of this website's bullshit title in which an ex-mod alienated a huge amount of users and ragequit the forums

sound logic

Contrapasso 06-30-2016 09:54 AM

we know what happened: captain aspergian swage got triggered when someone called his anime waifu a wolf

Charu 06-30-2016 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 4447089)
cool let's use a single point in a situation that we know nothing about

. . . ?

Not to derail this thread any further, but what do you mean by that?

I mean, that's literally what happened. 2 years ago in 2014, there was a TWG going on in which Cavernio joined. In said game, YoshL made a prodding post for reaction reads.

...It kind of spiraled out of control from there on. Cavernio flipped out, which in turn, Devonin tried to fight with her because they were still together at that point in time. Feminism arguments popped up. And I think two or three threads where both Cavernio and Devonin were going on and on and on about feminism.

Long story short, at the end of one thread, Devonin had already declared he was gone, and he did just that... for 2 years.

But I'm completely indifferent about it. The only thing I find amusing seeing Devonin back in mods is his last post in 2014, heh.

One more thing.

You can never truly leave FFR, you will always come back, hee hee hee

TC_Halogen 06-30-2016 10:40 AM

sorry, I should have clarified: we all saw what we did on the forums, but like with any stressful situation - you never know if there is/isn't an underlying cause behind it. someone who is generally level-headed doesn't just up and go *poof* like that. everyone saw that, i saw that - in fact, i'm pretty sure i was at least partially involved with the moderation regarding that situation, as i was still on staff at the time.

so yeah: 100% understand you calling me out on that point, no mistake on your part there (though I deliberately left out those details because well... you know).

in any point, devonin's someone that i'm glad to see back on the moderation team; that situation was certainly extenuating and it probably won't be happening again.

korny 06-30-2016 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 4447089)
cool let's use a single point in a situation that we know nothing about as the basis for disqualifying someone who was otherwise very good at what they did

sound logic

Cool you don't know what the fuck yer talkin' about mate

mellonxcollie 06-30-2016 11:44 AM

ah, the old feminism flame wars <3 good times

Anyways I am also glad to see you back Dev. You've already made one very sensible change so I see no problem at all with you being back here

L.B.D.D 06-30-2016 11:51 AM

internet forums are serious business