Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Other Music Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Guitar Hero (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=143578)

Ston3 01-5-2016 09:51 PM

Guitar Hero

I'm pretty bad at ffr. Like really bad.

But, when my friend came over with a ps2 and the first couple guitar heroes I was passing songs on expert. It was pretty easy compared to this.

Any similar experiences?

PhantomPuppy 01-5-2016 09:54 PM

Re: Guitar Hero

seeing as how i only played guitar hero for a week about 6 or 7 years ago, i dont really remember.

Sakish 02-1-2016 12:48 PM

Hell yes, and I'm still playing.

gold stinger 02-1-2016 01:24 PM

I've played enough Guitar Hero in my teen years that I can retain expert level of play even though I'm absent on it for long periods of time.

Deadlyx39 02-1-2016 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ston3 (Post 4392634)
I'm pretty bad at ffr. Like really bad.

But, when my friend came over with a ps2 and the first couple guitar heroes I was passing songs on expert. It was pretty easy compared to this.

Any similar experiences?

That's how it is for most people on here. Imo GH is much easier to pick up and learn to play at a high level than FFR is.

rushyrulz 02-1-2016 02:13 PM

I was good at FFR before GH was a twinkle in Harmonix' eye. Therefore idk.

axith 02-1-2016 03:37 PM

Last year i picked guitar hero up after a 2 year break. Within a couple hours i was playing at about 90% of my former skill.
I took a 4 month or so break from ffr and it practicly put me back to low d4 and has taken me a couple months to get close to my mid-d5 former level.

Guitar hero is easier to pick back up for me. However, i find ffr more fun to play.

sickufully 02-1-2016 05:21 PM

As far as I remember, GH notes were kinda 3D, only had 1 scroll speed and the notes were nowhere near as cluttered as they are in some FFR songs. What would be the equivalent of TTFAF on FFR?

thesunfan 02-1-2016 05:50 PM

I have an inverse experience, I think. It took me a very long time to even pass songs on Expert, but when I started playing FFR, I was good rather quickly.

Red Blaster 02-1-2016 07:37 PM

I still make custom charts for the gh community lol

Mourningfall 02-1-2016 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sickufully (Post 4402955)
As far as I remember, GH notes were kinda 3D, only had 1 scroll speed and the notes were nowhere near as cluttered as they are in some FFR songs. What would be the equivalent of TTFAF on FFR?

I havent played since 2009 but I remember there's a redsnake-like pattern that hits roughly 28nps in the later half which would probably put it around 95-96 in difficulty. Staple on smile peaks at 28 nps, so picture the shittiest patterns from that, in the form of a crossover runningman, which would probably push it to 97-98 and if you take the constant intensity and grist-esque jackhammers into account, the file would pr~obably be worse than Death Piano. x:

MarioNintendo 02-1-2016 10:39 PM

I'm decent.

My friend was (apparently) the first one in the world to FC One in GHIII

(and no he wasn't on judge 1)

NeoMasterPie 02-5-2016 11:04 AM

you know undeadfil? cool

Deadlyx39 02-5-2016 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Blaster (Post 4403008)
I still make custom charts for the gh community lol

Someone took Soulless 3 and put it on GH: WoR for console guys like me. Needless to say, I'm garbage.

Reach 02-20-2016 08:15 AM

Anyone playing Guitar hero live?

Got 93% on Ghost walking this morning.

Been playing it on and off for about 2 months now. Getting fairly good.

Back in the day I was able to get 95% on TTFAF.

shenjoku 02-20-2016 12:59 PM

I played enough Guitar Hero where my wrists would start killing me when trying to play easy songs, so I stopped. I passed TTFAF once so I consider myself forever done with guitar games.

That being said, if somebody at a party has rock band or something then I won't say no to playing for a short while, but I can't do long sessions anymore without it really hurting.

Deadlyx39 02-20-2016 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reach (Post 4408942)
Anyone playing Guitar hero live?

Got 93% on Ghost walking this morning.

Been playing it on and off for about 2 months now. Getting fairly good.

Back in the day I was able to get 95% on TTFAF.

Is GH: Live any good? From the videos I've seen it looks like the charts are all out of wack. I got Rock Band 4 so I'm just waiting until online play become available on that.

Reach 02-20-2016 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadlyx39 (Post 4409066)
Is GH: Live any good? From the videos I've seen it looks like the charts are all out of wack. I got Rock Band 4 so I'm just waiting until online play become available on that.

I think it's pretty damn fun, coming from someone that used to love and play the hell out of GH2 and 3.

There are tons of songs to play online and usually lots of people to play against, and the new chart design is extremely challenging and takes awhile to get used to. Once you get used to it though IMO it feels a lot more like actually playing the guitar than the original ever did.

So by 'out of wack' you mean...strange and difficult to play? It definitely feels like that at first, it took me longer to get comfortable on expert than it ever did on the original.

Now that I can pretty much FC everything though other than a few of the hardest songs, most of the charts feel pretty natural and much more 'real', other than a few that are simply bad charts.

This is the chart that currently gives me the most trouble: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j4KKzOfUIE

Hoping to be at 99% soon.

ricochxxx 05-27-2016 06:32 PM

I play Guitar hero! Daily still! Does anyone want to play I have an xbox 360? gamertag is SH Legitz!

Sakish 08-5-2016 08:52 AM

still no fc on ttfaf, choked 4 times past the solo and one reverse choke yesterday FML
did fc schmutz's UFO though 8)