Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   ATTN: FFRevolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=140975)

_Zenith_ 02-20-2015 03:11 PM

ATTN: FFRevolution

It has come to the attention of few and many that Staff is a joke for several reasons (that are quite frankly obvious).

*Disclaimer-- No names will be mentioned, but this is about the entirety of FFR Staff*

1) Some FFR Staff members are inactive 80% of the time, and by inactive, I mean not doing their job properly.

2) Some FFR Staff members shouldn't be appointed the position because what have they really done and/are doing that deserves the right to the position where there are more qualified people with the time and effort.

3) FFR Wiki Staff is easily the most respectable part of Staff because there is no circlejerk to get in or be a part of staff; as well as just talking to the members. Some staff won't be honest about whatever may arise in questioning or talking in general.

4) Popularity Contests all around. Big names is what staff seems to be revolved around. If a player sat around FFR for years with being involved with the community and helping FFR's growth, chances are good they won't ever be offered a position of Staff.

Thoughts? I know people will get heated from this and frankly I couldn't care what you think about me or this thread. The point is to be shown to the community that staff poses a problem. Seriously, what's the point of being a part of staff if you are not active 50% or more of the time?

If you want to say something to me personally, do so on skype.

lurker 02-20-2015 03:12 PM

Re: ATTN: FFRevolution

ok

ItsOnlyDanO 02-20-2015 03:19 PM

I have a feeling when the various mods/admins see this thread they will have a very different opinion of what is stated in the OP, however this could easily be because of the circlejerk, and lets be honest there is one here on ffr, we can't really deny it and if it is affecting the site is being run or is not allowing various people opportunities because of popularity or some other stupid reason, then that of course is an serious issue and needs to be addressed immediately.

However that being said I have no direct contact with mods/admins so I have no clue if the thoughts stated in the OP are true or not (bar the whole circlejerk thing) For all I know there could be a massive FFR conspiracy and I don't even know it.

gold stinger 02-20-2015 03:20 PM

_Zenith_ 02-20-2015 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4278955)

Round of applause for 10/10 gif

Wayward Vagabond 02-20-2015 03:23 PM

I'm applying to be staff. Wish me luck!

yo man im awesome 02-20-2015 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4278957)

I hope you make it !!

gold stinger 02-20-2015 03:26 PM

I really don't know what to say on behalf of this because I'm the only part of staff that isn't somewhat shined as a villain.

Also FFR Wiki Staff doesn't necessarily keep up to pace with any other staff members. Everything is found out at the same pace as the average forum-goer.

portalbob340 02-20-2015 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4278957)

Considering this too, probably won't for a while though, lol

Good luck!

rCaliberGX 02-20-2015 03:27 PM

welcome to oss

PhantomPuppy 02-20-2015 03:35 PM

idk what to say about this, i dont know who is part of the staff, nor what they do.

blanky! 02-20-2015 03:35 PM

This might be offtopic but I'm posting it here anyway

From what I've gathered, staff needs money to operate competently.
No money = inconsistent staff
Funds could be gathered from advertisements but that just goes into artist permissions...
It's really the copyright issues that are holding FFR back. If a decent lawyer was hired to write a fair use disclaimer (as per Xiz's suggestion in some other thread) maybe we could get some money going in.

/2cents

yo man im awesome 02-20-2015 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blanky! (Post 4278967)

Staff needs money to operate competently.
Funds could be gathered from advertisements but that just goes into artist permissions...
It's really the copyright issues that are holding FFR back. If a decent lawyer was hired to write a fair use disclaimer (as per Xiz's suggestion in some other thread) maybe we could get some money going in.

/2cents

/thread

Kanzas 02-20-2015 03:54 PM

I agree. I've been here ~7 months or so. Don't have the intention on being staff unless a Mod position opens since that's more along the lines of what I do daily anyways on a few other sites. But... It will never happen, so yeah :P

s1rnight 02-20-2015 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blanky! (Post 4278967)

Staff needs money to operate competently.

/2cents

are we really paying artists to use their music on this site? i thought the ones we got were for non-profit

blanky! 02-20-2015 04:02 PM

No, just that *certain* artists (e.g. Flashbulb) request that FFR stay nonprofit.
I'm sure they would understand if it was the lack of money holding the site back.. (though I may be wrong with this)

edit: rofl @ plop's post

TheSaxRunner05 02-20-2015 04:05 PM

Someone go approve my new tournament :p

gold stinger 02-20-2015 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanzas (Post 4278972)
White background on my avatar

_Zenith_ 02-20-2015 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 (Post 4278980)
Someone go approve my new tournament :p

Looks like I have to put mine on hold then ;)