Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Other Music Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   ITG Coursing (also stepping for pad) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=137496)

YoshL 06-9-2014 12:48 PM

ITG Coursing (also stepping for pad)

So I know of a couple people who actually do coursing like AJ + WinDEU (that I actually have in skype), but was wondering if there were any other people out there who have been looking into/have done course mods and stuff like that.

Essentially - I'm very new to the world of pad stepping, and modding. Jumping into both feels weird because I don't exactly know what's too over the top, or what synergy there is between chart/mods, all that jazz. And I'm looking for feedback, and/or other people who are familiar with coursing (or even just pad stepping) that can offer any advice/want to show off stuff, or even people who want to learn? LUA isn't that bad i think.

anyways

(Insane Techniques - kors k) still feels rough, but not sure of the best way to do things. working on another file right now

NeoMaxx69 06-9-2014 01:38 PM

Re: ITG Coursing (also stepping for pad)

The chart itself seems perfectly fine for a pad chart.
There were some parts that were really hard to follow, although I'm sure if I played it a couple times I would learn it.
The mods at 1:44-1:55 were awesomely executed.

I made a course once that was basically just all the Destination songs back to back with various mods. If I still have it I can post it maybe, although it was rather a rough concept/never completely finished.

NeoMaxx69 06-9-2014 02:12 PM

Yeah HERE IT IS. Just played through for the first time in years. Most of them have mods throughout but are only ~half~ finished. I didn't even bother with Destination Unknown lol. Also I made this before LUA was really a thing in stepcharts so it was all done through a course file unfortunately. If you or anyone else wants to finish it and/or fix it up (although I don't know why anyone would) feel free.

TC_Halogen 06-10-2014 09:29 AM

I'd be willing to take a look at it; I've been coursing for a while, even before lua scripting was a thing, haha.

I would love if more people got into this in general, not just for the sake of ITG, but also for the sake of actually making charting in the keyboard community a little more interesting and not boring...

Wafles 06-10-2014 09:31 AM

I've considered something like this for a 4k chart but making interesting effects that are still readable can be a bit difficult I think. Maybe I'll get around to trying it eventually

TC_Halogen 06-10-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wafles (Post 4148214)
I've considered something like this for a 4k chart but making interesting effects that are still readable can be a bit difficult I think. Maybe I'll get around to trying it eventually

Not at all. The sad thing is that a lot of people seem to think this is the case, but you can really do some interesting things without making your mods overly obstructive. It just takes a little bit of experimentation.