Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Technology (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Weird graphics artifacts that randomly pop up (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=134624)

Nullifidian 01-9-2014 07:42 PM

Weird graphics artifacts that randomly pop up

Since the past few weeks I'm having some trouble with my graphics. This kind of stuff keeps appearing:

This seems to appears randomly. sometimes I can go for days without getting this and other times I get this on start up. They're these triangles that appear and disappear at random spots on my display whenever something moves (like my mouse, or an ad on a website etc.) After a random while it just disappears again as if nothing happened. What could be the cause and how to fix? Because this is beyond annoying..

Let me know if you need any specific information.

ffr212 01-9-2014 07:47 PM

Re: Weird graphics artifacts that randomly pop up

---
But seriously is it only on your browser? Could be a browser bug.

Nullifidian 01-9-2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffr212 (Post 4057355)
But seriously is it only on your browser? Could be a browser bug.

it's in multiple browsers, certain panels (like the nvidia control panel) and in videogames

m0de 01-9-2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ (Post 4057356)
it's in multiple browsers, certain panels (like the nvidia control panel) and in videogames

have you tried different graphics drivers?

ffr212 01-9-2014 07:53 PM

I've had this happen only once, it was a faulty Nvidia card that they eventually replaced, this isn't my picture but mine looked exactly like this. Try updating your drivers.

Kibblre 01-9-2014 07:55 PM

Yup, seems like either bad drivers or a faulty GPU in total. Try downloading the latest drivers and if that doesn't work consider a new graphics card if you're on a desktop.

Nullifidian 01-9-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffr212 (Post 4057360)
I've had this happen only once, it was a faulty Nvidia card that they eventually replaced, this isn't my picture but mine looked exactly like this. Try updating your drivers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by m0de (Post 4057358)
have you tried different graphics drivers?

I've installed a new driver three times the past couple of weeks whenever a new driver update showed up and the problem persisted. The latest one I tried was a fresh install.

ffr212 01-9-2014 07:56 PM

ouch, cards are always the worse to go. ;( rip in peice.

Izzy 01-9-2014 08:06 PM

How is it possible that this shows up in the screenshot. I am befuddled.

Nullifidian 01-9-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzy (Post 4057367)

I have no idea lol. This is a screenshot of a week ago with the same artifacts captured:

Also, nothing weird shows up in CPUID hardware monitor either. My graphics card stays at the same temperature of 38-40 C even when the artifacts are happening.

ffr212 01-9-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ (Post 4057372)
I have no idea lol. This is a screenshot of a week ago with the same artifacts captured:

Also, nothing weird shows up in CPUID hardware monitor either. Nothing out of the ordinary shows up. My graphics card stays at the same temperature of 40 C even when the artifacts are happening.

Tis all in the computers language, if this is what the card is told to display as a gui then it is also what other programs are going to see code wise when replicating an image of the screen. if it didnt show itd be a monitor problem.

noname219 01-9-2014 08:33 PM

Take a bunch of screenshots, frame them, create an art exhibition.

(like people said, it might be a faulty graphics card)

m0de 01-9-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

This confuses me too. Do you use any programs or anything that alter the windows in any way? Like a 3rd party windows theme?

Zageron 01-9-2014 08:47 PM

Your video card look like it's getting old.
Try plugging the monitor into your motherboard instead of the video card, see if you still get the issues.

Arkuski 01-9-2014 09:02 PM

Yo man that actually looks really fresh

MarioNintendo 01-9-2014 09:24 PM

That is seriously beautiful. Because you fix it, you should capture some images.

ffr212 01-9-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 4057394)
Your video card look like it's getting old.
Try plugging the monitor into your motherboard instead of the video card, see if you still get the issues.

Actually yes if you havent already done this try it.

Most will have a graphics chipset paired with a graphics card i.e Intel 4000 chipset paired with an nvidia gt770. So if you plug it into your motherboard rather than graphics card you could rule that out.

IF YOU ARE ON A LAPTOP. Go to your device manager and try enabling your chipset. Though my graphics ARE a chipset at least on this laptop, so I have only one.

Also it couldnt hurt to right click in an open space in your device manager and scan for new hardware changes. If it finds anything it will prompt you to restart the computer.

m0de 01-9-2014 10:26 PM

The thing is, is that screenshots shouldn't be able to capture the artifacts. This is why this confuses me so much.

Pseudo Enigma 01-10-2014 02:49 AM

Quote:

It has to be something that is drawn by computer itself. A program? Then again, I've never seen a program glitch the graphics in that way. Maybe it's the software for the graphics messing up? Is your Motherboard old?
Motherboard -> HDD -> Windows -> Prtscrn
If we look at it like this, Prtscrn is a Windows exclusive command and therefore the problem is probably being contained in Windows itself. It takes whatever the computer has drawn in its current state and copies it to the clipboard. Therefore, the problem is probably contained within Windows itself. What could cause graphic distortion would have to be related to the graphics card, which has software that Windows uses to control the Graphics Card, if I am thinking about this correctly. What could mess with drivers? The Hard Drive being corrupt, or maybe screwed up is a possibility, which would load the drivers off of the disk improperly. If the Hard Drive itself isn't fucked up, then maybe the motherboard is processing the hard drive's contents improperly, and executing it in Windows improperly by extension.

The problem is that OP hasn't mentioned any other Hard Drive related issues, so I think I might be wrong on this one. But I feel like I'm not too far away from the answer.

just my 2cents, I probably have no clue what I'm talking about.

African Anger 01-10-2014 06:14 AM

think it's time to give up ffr spit good riddance