Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Other Music Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Are people actually GOOD at DDR where you live? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=13252)

animeotaku7562 07-19-2004 02:03 PM

Are people actually GOOD at DDR where you live?

I suck at it, and people were crowding around me when I was playing "Rhythm and Police" on standard. And then this one girl went and got all her friends and went, "HEY LOOK AT THAT GIRL SHE'S SOO GOOD AND SHE'S BEEN PLAYING FOR LIKE 20 MINUTES AND LIKE I CAN'T PLAY THAT LONG WITHOUT SWEATING AND LIKE OMG I CAN ONLY PLAY LIKE 'BUTTERFLY' ON LIKE BEGINNER!!!!11"

I think I was the only one at that arcade who could actually play on standard. The guy before me was failing on light, and the 11 year old after me failed beginner. Sad, sorta :roll:.

Spazzbite 07-19-2004 10:13 PM

Theres a few good people where I live, but not many that are really really good. I have passed everything EXCEPT PSMO on doubles. A friend of mine has lots and lots of SDGs, and is the best in our city.

Moogy 07-19-2004 11:07 PM

God no.

minimuta09 07-19-2004 11:40 PM

I play at a place called Laser Quest. Just about everyone that plays is excellent. I'm on heavy and i am beating songs like cowgirl and burnin the floor and A. I can beat Sakura on standard, but my friends can be it on heavy without a problem. I am one of the few girls that actually play. My brother is now playing double on standard and heavy. A lot of other people i have seen have been doing freestyle.

I'm not sure if your gonna believe me or not, but i'm only 12.

fusi0n 07-19-2004 11:42 PM

Nope.

brokenseraph 07-20-2004 10:34 AM

The people where I live are CRAZY good. Like, I don't think I've ever seen anyone (including myself) NOT play on trick. >>' Crazy...mad... lotsoffeet... >>"

animeotaku7562 07-20-2004 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minimuta09
I play at a place called Laser Quest. Just about everyone that plays is excellent. I'm on heavy and i am beating songs like cowgirl and burnin the floor and A. I can beat Sakura on standard, but my friends can be it on heavy without a problem. I am one of the few girls that actually play. My brother is now playing double on standard and heavy. A lot of other people i have seen have been doing freestyle.

I'm not sure if your gonna believe me or not, but i'm only 12.

And I'm not sure if you're gonna believe ME or not, but I'm 11.

hEaLiNgViSiOnAnGeLicMiX 07-20-2004 12:49 PM

Around here it's you either see all the shitty players at once, or you see all the good players at once. Most of the good players are friends with eachother (i know a couple of them, but I'm not nearly as good as they are) so yeah they're always gathered in one big group.

kawser 07-20-2004 04:12 PM

There are awesome players in Hawaii, I myself am not so bad. Some people can beat like Maxes and Paranoia's with ease...I need to get practicing, havent played in a while...

mad_poodle 07-20-2004 09:04 PM

well...here in regina, yeah they basically do all hang out in groups like HVAM said...lol I'm pretty sure I know all of the good players...from regina anyways, some from saskatoon....I cant believe how accurate you were about that, I've never really noticed that before, but you were super right!

as for where I am moving...put it this way...they just got their first DDR machine, and they dont even know how to spell DDR

superbananaxl 07-21-2004 11:39 AM

I'm pretty good

I beat every level on Heavy mode in DDRMAX2 cept for Maxx Unlimited. I think that's pretty damn good. (i beat all the challenge mode levels too) it's really not that hard, when u start, you'll suck, like definately, cuz it takes getting used to, but you get better really really fast

Spazzbite 07-21-2004 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokenseraph
The people where I live are CRAZY good. Like, I don't think I've ever seen anyone (including myself) NOT play on trick. >>' Crazy...mad... lotsoffeet... >>"

That's.... Not that great if you're only playing on trick (standard).

weeeeeee 07-23-2004 10:26 PM

well...here in regina, I see some people are really sucky and some are really good, but when some people try and show you up then you do waayyyy better then them they would try even harder , well atleast i think they do .

weeeeeee 07-23-2004 10:28 PM

And I'm not sure if you're gonna believe ME or not, but I'm 10

Kamoa_Han_Senzui 07-23-2004 10:35 PM

I've only seen people play DDR at a movie theatre. But I guess I'm good compared to the other people who play.

TheTypist 07-23-2004 10:59 PM

The best people I normally see have a hard time getting past Rythm and Police on heavy, but they can do it.

jewpinthethird 07-23-2004 11:06 PM

There are or were some really insanely good kids in my "middle of nowhere", "piss bucket" of a town....

I was considered "awesome"...but they were "awesome-bad." Like: Rhythm and Police Heavy Doubles AA.

And then I stopped playing...but I really should start again.

RobbyZero 07-23-2004 11:26 PM

I can't do doubles it's just that stupid.

I am pretty good and I havn't seen more than 2 people better than me so..but this one time I saw a brief moment of a dude like playing flawlessly from downstairs (he was upstairs playing on DDR I was in line for my movie) and he looked pretty awesome but I don't know..

hEaLiNgViSiOnAnGeLicMiX 07-23-2004 11:56 PM

Quote:

And I'm not sure if you're gonna believe ME or not, but I'm 10
Andrew, are you a COMPLETE idiot? Sorry about that...he's my cousin -.-;

wildman 07-24-2004 12:15 AM

Here in Vegas I'm considered one of the best (A.K.A. Sakura), but we also have ( considered by some people, at one point, to be one the best in the country) the great Eric A.K.A. VGTA. He's AAA such songs as End of the Century-heavy, Be Lovin-heavy, V-oni, and has full comboed Legend Road, but that was about a year ago. Now a days he just spends his time playing IIDX, and he's also the best at that in Vegas too, but he can still pass PSMO without the bar (full combo plus AA). So myself, Eric and a few others are considered the best in Vegas! :twisted: