Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Mario Kart Wii and other Mario Kart games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=130936)

Breakdown16 07-10-2013 03:25 PM

Mario Kart Wii and other Mario Kart games

Surprised I haven't seen one of these. Any MKWii players out there? Also, post your thoughts on the upcoming Mario Kart 8 game for the Wii U, due in April 2014.

I'm currently TT'ing Toad's Factory, which is a lot of fun because there are so many different shroom strats. Just watch some of the past few world records to get an idea.

Lastly, I plan to host a tournament for MKW later this month, so keep your eyes peeled out for that!

JohnRedWolf87 07-10-2013 03:34 PM

Re: Mario Kart Wii and other Mario Kart games

I love Mario Kart, especially Wii and 7.
And can't w8 for 8.

DragonIIDX 07-10-2013 03:45 PM

My favorites are probably Mario Kart 64, and Double Dash!! I haven't played Wii or 7 in a while, but I'm excited for 8 also.

Ohaider 07-10-2013 04:20 PM

Jesus, i beat all of the expert staff ghosts or whatever back in the day and thought I was like baddest of the bad but this just takes it to another level ahaha

Arkuski 07-10-2013 04:56 PM

Mario Kart DS is so technical and rewarding. Fat DS only.

Pseudo Enigma 07-10-2013 06:39 PM

can't wait for 8! (woah, that rhymes!)

My family loves Mario Kart, and my brothers and I still play MKWii :)

favourite maps?

TheSaxRunner05 07-10-2013 06:54 PM

I beat all the expert staff ghosts on the wii and got over 9,200 on online rating, that's about as far as I went with the game. It was close enough to completing it for me.

Breakdown16 07-10-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pseudo Enigma (Post 3936681)
favourite maps?

I can't pin mine down, so I'll list all of them: Toad's Factory, DS Delfino Square, Moonview Highway, DK Summit/DK's Snowboard Cross, DS Yoshi Falls, SNES Mario Circuit 3, and others.

This looks fun:

It's from the viewpoint of Remedy (remedy1502), who's also a member here on FFR.

Xayphon 07-10-2013 10:42 PM

I used to play MkWii competitively for 1-2 years. I played for my Wii clan [WEC] in the World Clan League, and we eventually lucked our way through to the 2nd and 1st Division (top tiers).

Here's three videos of a Clanwar from 2 years ago when I used to play (I'm [WEC]Izzy)

GP1:

GP2:

GP3:

ps. the guy who was driving in/recording those videos used to be like one of the best players out there and is definately one of my idols

Remembering those times gives me kind of a nostalgic feeling.. There's also more really good MKW players on FFR, but I'm not gonna tell who hehu

badman7772 07-10-2013 11:16 PM

I play 64 on my Emulator now and again. 150cc isn't a challenge at all. MKDD was still easy, but everyone would do EVERYTHING to be a complete dick to you.

Doug31 07-11-2013 12:28 AM

I play a little bit. I played a lot of Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64, but not nearly as much of the others. I don't like the recycled levels and would rather have all new ones. And they just don't seem as fun as the old ones for some reason.

Breakdown16 07-31-2013 11:16 PM

So FFR's first MKW tournament has concluded. Thanks to wes3 and arcnmx who participated. Many memorable moments were had - I really wish I had a screen capture device...

If anyone's up for some online races, I'd be willing to exchange friend codes! And I'm going to host another tournament around the end of August.

DragonIIDX 07-31-2013 11:24 PM

I would have loved to join this if I had internet connection for Wii. If you would ever have a Mario Kart 7 tournament, I would participate!

Breakdown16 07-31-2013 11:28 PM

Sorry, wish I could but I don't own/play MK7. :( Hope you can get your Wii connected somehow!

DragonIIDX 07-31-2013 11:32 PM

Ah. Ok. Well when Mario Kart 8 comes out, I'll definitely be in!