Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Songs of the Week (April 6, 2013) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=129726)

bmah 04-6-2013 01:05 AM

Songs of the Week (April 6, 2013)

I'm back hosting weekly songs!
Side note: all veteran songs will now be labelled blue on these weekly threads.

asdfmovie song
Musician: Lil Deuce Deuce
Step Artist: Niala
Song Genre: Purchased [can be purchased for 1234 credits]
Difficulty: 64
Song Length: 2:23

dr1
Musician: S.S.H.
Step Artist: hi19hi19
Song Genre: Secret [requires 36000 credits to play]
Difficulty: 73
Song Length: 1:05

Lorem Ipsum
Musician: Virt feat. Hatsune Miku
Step Artist: bmah & TC_Halogen
Song Genre: Rock
Difficulty: 65
Song Length: 3:02

Öngyilkos Vasárnap
Musician: Venetian Snares
Step Artist: mi40
Song Genre: Misc
Difficulty: 55
Song Length: 2:10

W
Musician: DJ Sharpnel
Step Artist: DossarLX ODI
Song Genre: Dance
Difficulty: 23
Song Length: 3:37

Your One
Musician: Dougal & Gammer
Step Artist: _.Spitfire._
Song Genre: Dance 2
Difficulty: 64
Song Length: 2:12

Veteran songs from last week will now be released to all FFR users:
- Go *60* Go
- The Big Crunch

Comment on this week's songs here!

EzExZeRo7497 04-6-2013 01:06 AM

Re: Songs of the Week (April 6, 2013)

dr1 is a hilarious file and I love it. :]

Fluvs 04-6-2013 01:10 AM

oh cool

Charu 04-6-2013 01:25 AM

I feel as if Your One should be bumped to a 65. That roll and trill transition is really REALLY nasty

Lorem Ipsum should be bumped to a 65 solely because of that guitar solo which is also nasty.

asdfmovie song is fine where it's at. That random lama part made me laugh, haha.

I really like how dr1 is stepped. I really like the speedup. But gosh darn does it throw a lot of curve balls with all those jumps in the mix.

igotrhythm 04-6-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3889107)

asdfmovie song
Musician: Lil Deuce Deuce
Step Artist: Niala
Song Genre: Purchased [can be purchased for 1234 credits]
Difficulty: 66
Song Length: 2:23

Obligatory.

Mourningfall 04-6-2013 01:31 AM

Öngyilkos Vasárnap is a pretty fun chart.
Can't play the vets and can't afford the asdf(Thanks bmah), but out of what's available to me the Venetian snares is probably my favorite. :3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 3889114)
I feel as if Your One should be bumped to a 65. That roll and trill transition is really REALLY nasty

I have to agree with you there. if Within Life's rolls got it a 66, then by the same logic Your One should be a 68 at most.
But considering the majority of the chart is dominated by slow and manageable patterns, 65 seems fitting.

Charu 04-6-2013 01:33 AM

Hi19, I love you for this, definitely my favorite of the week considering I rarely whore a song like this. This is great.

Nullifidian 04-6-2013 03:13 AM

Dr1 I'm kind of indifferent about. It's a drum that speeds up, nothing too much that stands out in terms of unique music imo. Chart flows well, but not for me cause my left hand is pretty weak so I had to mirror it and I still can't do that well on it lol.

Lorem Ipsum was fun until I ran across a megaroll solo and ragequit cause it completely destroyed my AAA. Will have to try again because I was not prepared for that roll at all. The chorus in this sounded amazing btw. Also wut, didn't know Virt did rock?

Ongyilkos Vasarnap feels like a watered down conversion of necros' ongyilkos chart. I prefer necros' chart a lot more over this one but there's technically nothing wrong with the file or the flow of it.

W feels so understepped imo. Dossar's chart is fine as it is for low level play but I feel it could be more. W is one of my favorite sharpnel songs so I'll probably step a v2 of it hehu

Wow lol the roll in my Your One file does not flow as well on FFR as it does on stepmania. It's a lot easier on SM, I swear! I agree it should be bumped up in difficulty. First AAA on FFR though :')

popsicle_3000 04-6-2013 09:09 AM

Bmah & halogen, you know I love you, but seriously... wft is up w/ that rainbow mess in the middle of Lorem??

W... wow those weird 16ths at the beginning. not a fan.

dr1, asdf, and your one are all quite awesome!

VisD 04-6-2013 09:14 AM

Yeah asdf/Lorem/Your One are all pretty amazing except for their respective spikes which are lol. Someone mentioned Within Life and the spikes in Lorem and Your One are def. harder than anything Within Life has to offer. :)

DossarLX ODI 04-6-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ (Post 3889143)
W feels so understepped imo. Dossar's chart is fine as it is for low level play but I feel it could be more. W is one of my favorite sharpnel songs so I'll probably step a v2 of it hehu

W is my favorite Sharpnel song -- it's essentially the only Sharpnel song I can listen to, haha. The song's also cut from the long version which I think is a little less than 7 minutes.

For those playing W, don't focus too much on the file but the music. This is part of the reason why I submitted an easier chart for it. I feel like with the harder files too much attention is on the file itself and not the music.

MarioNintendo 04-6-2013 09:30 AM

asdf I knew it would be awesome, even though Niala abuses hands and stepped the lama part like shit even though I told him that it was crap) and dr1 was hi19's attempt at stepping a disguised data drain and it worked, that bastard. He even admitted it in private! >:P

yo man im awesome 04-6-2013 10:48 AM

tfw I don't have enough credits to see Dr1

SC_coolguy44 04-6-2013 01:09 PM

Ok here is my review of this week's files:

asdfmovie song: I saw this coming into FFR eventually. For a joke song/file, this is actually stepped pretty nicely.
dr1: I can't believe I actually sightread FC'd this crazy piece of chaos. Fun file though.
Lorem Ipsum: I love how this one flowed. I would definitely play it again.
Ongyilkos Vasarnap: It's nice to see this song in the game. The stepfile was alright, nothing too memorable imo.
W: This is my least favourite of the bunch. It just felt really mediocre for me to play.
Your One: This file is weird to say the least.

bmah 04-6-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popsicle_3000 (Post 3889176)
Bmah & halogen, you know I love you, but seriously... wft is up w/ that rainbow mess in the middle of Lorem??

There's actually hardly any better way to step that part of the song. Me and AJ were fully aware of the spike that part of the song would cause, and we tried many different combinations of patterns - almost none of them were really easy to hit. What you see was possibly the best way of stepping the guitar solo. If you tried stepping it for yourself, I doubt you could make it any easier.

smartdude1212 04-6-2013 01:29 PM

Your One is such a good song godfuckingdammit thank you Spitfire. *_*

U.N. Owen 04-6-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo man im awesome (Post 3889190)
tfw I don't have enough credits to see Dr1

Should put you at 36,001. Have fun. (sun)

TC_Halogen 04-6-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3889231)
There's actually hardly any better way to step that part of the song. Me and AJ were fully aware of the spike that part of the song would cause, and we tried many different combinations of patterns - almost none of them were really easy to hit. What you see was the best possibly way of stepping the guitar solo. If you tried stepping it for yourself, I doubt you could make it any easier.

This x1000; no matter what we did, it was just a nightmare, haha.

Xx{Midnight}xX 04-6-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3889107)
Öngyilkos Vasárnap
Musician: Venetian Snares
Step Artist: mi40
Song Genre: Misc
Difficulty: 53
Song Length: 2:10

Someone just get a V2 going. The chart there is 100% boring, the colors are honestly completely useless (They emphasize nothing worth emphasizing.) The whole chart is just 2:10 of boring, poorly thought out nonsense. The hands are just unneeded at this level of difficulty, your rolls look like they have ghost notes based off what I'm hearing (can't check cause I don't have the chart in dream ect.) What did you do, step this in 10 minutes? Hell must have froze over, or this wouldn't have made it in as it is. What a waste of the song. I very much want to see a V2 that doesn't involve wasting more time on this version of it (AKA no skill token, throw it in purchased or something.)

AlexDest 04-6-2013 02:59 PM

asdfmovie song: Started getting bland and repetitive about a minute and a half in. File itself is jokey though.

dr1: Nothing really going on that's interesting. It's just a continuing drum pattern that's speeding up.

Lorem Ipsum: It's a surprise to see Virt's name with this song. Felt like the solo was overstepped and spiked the difficulty immensely, but it was stepped cleanly at least.

Öngyilkos Vasárnap: I'd rather play Necros' over this, sorry. Your jump placements to snares, cymbals, and bass weren't consistent at all.

W: A nice easy file, not sure why this is getting called "mediocre" all because it's targeted for lower skilled players.

Your One: Not sure what to think about this one. Had a pretty nasty trill to roll transition but still seemed to flow nicely.