Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Audio and Music Production (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   A legit chance to make money (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=119789)

MBurns 07-26-2011 03:52 AM

A legit chance to make money

Within the next 2 or 3 months, I'll be done recording and mastering my album. Considering it's rather difficult to start in the music industry with only compositions of a genre that people have forgotten (classical), I will:

Pay 3$(this may even go up if this works out good) (through paypal) for any album sold through you.

I.E.: You contact me and we make business. You find people willing to buy the album and I give a generous share of the money I make from it.

There has to be proof that you were the one referring the person for the album. You'll get payment as soon as I receive the money for the album bought + proof. (it can be a paypal message or any sort of message sent to me with either your full name or your FFR username)

I am very serious about this, so I'm looking for just as serious people.

TheEvilHobo 07-26-2011 04:17 AM

Re: A legit chance to make money

Seems like a solid plan, however I know that I myself wouldn't be able to sell shit. If you want my two cents, try releasing your music to the public for free. Sell it to your friends and family for some extra cash, sure, but internet-wise, no one wants to pay money to hear a no-name (no offense by that term) artist's CD. Once you build up some sort of fanbase/following, THEN you can consider earning profit.

MBurns 07-26-2011 04:22 AM

Well with bandcamp.com/youtube you can hear the music before buying it.

So no name or not, if you get a sample of the music and realize it's good, they can buy it.

who_cares973 07-26-2011 08:10 AM

i will whore your music out to as many people as i can for free

Hwscottsmcgram 07-26-2011 08:22 AM

Most people don't even pay for music by popular artists, and if they really liked your music, they could convert the youtube video samples to mp3s. So charging would be completely unnecessary. Try to sell it at local stores if you are interested in making money. I don't know if classical musicians put on concerts...but try getting a gig, or just have the music play in the background at a local coffee place or something.

Stewie7Griffin 07-26-2011 08:23 AM

How much are you selling it for and if we buy an album, do we get a discount of some sort?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hwscottsmcgram (Post 3510620)
Most people don't even pay for music by popular artists, and if they really liked your music, they could convert the youtube video samples to mp3s. So charging would be completely unnecessary. Try to sell it at local stores if you are interested in making money. I don't know if classical musicians put on concerts...but try getting a gig, or just have the music play in the background at a local coffee place or something.

He knows this. This is why he's asking us to actually find people who WOULD pay for it. My brother buys every single song that he owns, even after I tell him he can get it for free, simply because he actually supports his favorite bands. People are hypocrites when they say a band is their favorite but can't even support them.

who_cares973 07-26-2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hwscottsmcgram (Post 3510620)

this mentality is stupid, people will pay for music if they enjoy it and because they support the artist. if you dont believe me look at radiohead and all the countless musicians that make music off of bandcamp.

i have a feeling that you're the kind of person that, even if they really like a band/musician, would still rather pirate than support the artist by at least buying one of their albums

Hwscottsmcgram 07-26-2011 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3510623)
this mentality is stupid, people will pay for music if they enjoy it and because they support the artist. if you dont believe me look at radiohead and all the countless musicians that make music off of bandcamp.

i have a feeling that you're the kind of person that, even if they really like a band/musician, would still rather pirate than support the artist by at least buying one of their albums

I support my favorite artists by buying their cds at concerts, and show my support by wearing t-shirts. My actions are frowned upon by the people who I socialize with. Also, please don't judge me based on my posts, they reflect my experiences, and not myself as a person.

-on topic-
I wish you the best of luck with your classical album. I'm not a fan of the genre, but if any of my friends are. I'll let them know.

MBurns 07-26-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie7Griffin (Post 3510621)
How much are you selling it for and if we buy an album, do we get a discount of some sort?

He knows this. This is why he's asking us to actually find people who WOULD pay for it. My brother buys every single song that he owns, even after I tell him he can get it for free, simply because he actually supports his favorite bands. People are hypocrites when they say a band is their favorite but can't even support them.

Depending on how many songs we decide to end up with on the album, the CD will be sold for 11-13$.

So you're getting a pretty big chunk off of it. If you find other sellers, I could arrange for a bonus as well.

I can also sell the CD discounted to distributors (you) if your buyers don't have paypal.

The current songs are available on bandcamp: redblank.bandcamp.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3510616)
i will whore your music out to as many people as i can for free

<3<3<3

kommisar 07-26-2011 09:21 AM

for an amateur artist, 11-13$ is quite a bit.

MBurns 07-26-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3510639)
for an amateur artist, 11-13$ is quite a bit.

I don't really see myself selling it any lower than 10-11$ to be honest.

There are alot of amateur artists I know (who play guitar) that sell theirs at 15$, which is still less than retail price for a physical album.

I see the point you're trying to make, but then again selling an album at 6-7$...I mean what's 10$? It's hardly anything. It's a footlong at subway.

Mans0n 07-26-2011 11:27 AM

I will advertise your bandcamp page on my facebook page if you would in return advertise my facebook page somewhere maybe?

htttp://www.facebook.com/Br0wnbread And if I find any classical music fans i will recommend you ASAP.

MBurns 07-26-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mans0n (Post 3510664)
I will advertise your bandcamp page on my facebook page if you would in return advertise my facebook page somewhere maybe?

htttp://www.facebook.com/Br0wnbread And if I find any classical music fans i will recommend you ASAP.

Your music sounds like music for clubs/dancing. I know quite a few people who like that kind of music. I'll advertise your facebook page on my facebook.

EDIT: Hey this isn't bad at all for the genre. Nice job btw

Mans0n 07-26-2011 01:57 PM

midnghtraver 07-26-2011 03:46 PM

Are you Michael Santer ?

EDIT: And you go by Red Blank?

(specifics for my blog post)

MBurns 07-26-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnghtraver (Post 3510759)
Are you Michael Santer ?

EDIT: And you go by Red Blank?

(specifics for my blog post)

yes I'm Michael Santer, band name is Red Blank.

Link me to your blog once you've posted it.

Mans0n 07-26-2011 08:27 PM

I've posted your band camp link on my Facebook AND on my band profiles page.

Hope it helps!

MBurns 07-26-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mans0n (Post 3510892)
I've posted your band camp link on my Facebook AND on my band profiles page.

Hope it helps!

Thanks alot!

For those who want to do it out of kind heart like some of the previous posters, the bandcamp link is:

http://redblank.bandcamp.com

midnghtraver 07-26-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBurns (Post 3510880)
yes I'm Michael Santer, band name is Red Blank.

Link me to your blog once you've posted it.

http://sectramusic.com/