Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   My veteran status is suddenly gone... (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=117143)

foxfire667 01-24-2011 02:36 PM

My veteran status is suddenly gone...

Just checked my profile and realized my Veteran Status has vanished for absolutely no reason.

At first I thought it was a glitch and all of those who had subby time that were given vet status (without meeting the requirements) did not have it, but I have checked various profiles and this seems to not be the issue.

I have no idea why it has vahished, as I see no main page articles regarding changes or bug report articles on it currently. Could one of the admins please return my Veteran Status whenever one comes upon this thread?

Thank you in advance!

kmay 01-24-2011 02:38 PM

Re: My veteran status is suddenly gone...

Member for: 1.6 years

foxfire667 01-24-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmay (Post 3403755)
Member for: 1.6 years

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxfire667
At first I thought it was a glitch and all of those who had subby time that were given vet status (without meeting the requirements) did not have it, but I have checked various profiles and this seems to not be the issue.

Read the above please ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

flashpantss 01-24-2011 02:43 PM

Maybe your subby ran out? if your not sure, just ask an admin to see if your overlapping subby isn't expired.

rushyrulz 01-24-2011 02:47 PM

Just because you had an overlapping subby doesn't mean you get permanent vet, it means you get vet for the remainder of the time you were owed. Now you have to wait like everyone else.

foxfire667 01-24-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3403762)
Just because you had an overlapping subby doesn't mean you get permanent vet, it means you get vet for the remainder of the time you were owed. Now you have to wait like everyone else.

That's not true, otherwise I would still be a veteran considering I lost about 10 months of my 1 year subscription time.

Wouldn't even know if this was the case because those that still had subbies were given super extensions on their subscription time (like to 10 years into the future, mine said it ended in 2020).

TC_Halogen 01-24-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3403762)

Exactly this. If you had a subby before the site went down and you never requested a manual extension, your veteran status (which was initially linked to subscriber time) will run out on the date of expiration for your subby.

Looks like you have to wait a year.

kommisar 01-24-2011 03:04 PM

I don't have it hehu. 5.5 years

5.points 01-24-2011 03:27 PM

Neither do I

This account turned 3 years old 11 days ago.

bob bob 01-24-2011 03:29 PM

veteran status was for people who met the requirements at the time (although why kommi dosent have it idk)

prongsie 01-24-2011 03:32 PM

FFR Grandtotal: 32,862,260

5.points 01-24-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob bob (Post 3403806)
veteran status was for people who met the requirements at the time (although why kommi dosent have it idk)

Wasn't it 3 years?

bob bob 01-24-2011 03:41 PM

3 years + 3 billion game total, yeah

PrawnSkunk 01-24-2011 04:28 PM

My alt account has over 3 years. cbf to get another 2 billion just for a blue name :|

devonin 01-24-2011 04:52 PM

Veteran Status is also for people who earn it after we implemented it, you just have to ask someone to look into it, as I don't believe there's an automatic check/switch implemented yet.

As to Foxfire's specific problem: Due to the way we set up veteran status, and basically had subscriber and veteran running alongside each other, and we went ahead and actually outright deleted "Subscription" as a thing, which appears to have the effect of taking everybody who -was- a subscriber but not -also- a veteran, and dropping them to normal user.

Unfortunately, there's now no timed usergroup changing at all (There's no way to put you in a group that will auto-expire) and you don't actually meet the requirements to be a veteran.

So the site was down for 10 months. It's now been up for 3 months, which means the maximum possible time someone could be out subscription time in this moment is 7 months. If you're currently out 6+ months, just get in touch with me, and we'll see about bumping you into Veteran status. Otherwise, veteran ought not be that far away for you!

foxfire667 01-24-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 3403891)
Veteran Status is also for people who earn it after we implemented it, you just have to ask someone to look into it, as I don't believe there's an automatic check/switch implemented yet.

As to Foxfire's specific problem: Due to the way we set up veteran status, and basically had subscriber and veteran running alongside each other, and we went ahead and actually outright deleted "Subscription" as a thing, which appears to have the effect of taking everybody who -was- a subscriber but not -also- a veteran, and dropping them to normal user.

Unfortunately, there's now no timed usergroup changing at all (There's no way to put you in a group that will auto-expire) and you don't actually meet the requirements to be a veteran.

So the site was down for 10 months. It's now been up for 3 months, which means the maximum possible time someone could be out subscription time in this moment is 7 months. If you're currently out 6+ months, just get in touch with me, and we'll see about bumping you into Veteran status. Otherwise, veteran ought not be that far away for you!

Thank you for explaining what happened to me devonin!

I believe I signed up for my subscription time on October 28th of 2009 for 1 year, so I lost the maximum amount possible from the crash. Yes, that would be great, considering I frequently use a couple of the veteran status features every time I come on here and would love to have them back (even if only until the time I was owed has passed). Should I still contact you via pm considering you know the situation I am in?

EDIT: Thank you so much for returning my veteran status!!

FontSize72LOL 01-29-2011 05:49 PM

I'll go ahead and bamp this thread.

I haven't really played much the last 3 months but i am sitting at 3 years and over 13 billion points. Who would i contact about getting upgraded to veteran status.

Thank you.

ichliebekase 01-29-2011 05:51 PM

You recently acquired 3 years after they made the initial switch to veteran status and got everyone in. Contact an administrator [devonin, aperson or Sprite- I think are the best people to ask first] and they can switch you into the new group.

TC_Halogen 01-29-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FontSize72LOL (Post 3407644)
I'll go ahead and bamp this thread.

I haven't really played much the last 3 months but i am sitting at 3 years and over 13 billion points. Who would i contact about getting upgraded to veteran status.

Thank you.

Go into your User CP and click on Group Memberships on the left side. Since you meet the requirements, the FFR Veteran group should be there. If it's not there, contact Sprite-; he'll fix you right up.

Sprite- 01-29-2011 07:44 PM

There you go. Welcome to the club ;p