Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Seven years. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=114175)

Arch0wl 12-13-2009 06:52 PM

Seven years.

I just found out that my account recently turned seven years old.

To the best of my knowledge, I haven't had an account that old on any other website.

When you're a teen and preteen, you lust for a new identity. Your screen name is sort of an escape from your mundane life with your parents. I created the name "ArchOwl" when I was eleven, and added the 0 when I was twelve. This name is almost as old as my second pet.

I'm twenty-one years-old now. I can drive, I can drink, and I can go to war if I want to. It's hard to believe that when I first joined this website I was barely fourteen. I've had this account for almost the entirety of my teenage years, and going on here is going back in time. You're slipping on the clothes you wore for your first school dance.

When I'm anywhere else, I feel like a young man--FFR makes me feel boyish and nostalgic. The website barely looks any different; we're still using the same comforting-yet-boring blue theme as we were seven years ago. Ananana is still chatting, The Garbage Bin is still annoying, jewpin is still quirky, and I can still go and play my crappy Revolutionary Etude chart.

For all that things seem to change rapidly, for all that you think stressing how different you were six months ago and it's eight months since that picture has been taken, the reality is we don't change as much as we think we do. Being able to travel back in time this way has made that clear to me.

kid_merkury 12-13-2009 06:57 PM

Re: Seven years.

wb

Superfreak04 12-13-2009 07:05 PM

He's been back for a while Merk.

Vanilla Mnm 12-13-2009 07:10 PM

Nice, Arch. ;o
Is there anybody that is older than you that's active? Or was active? Besides Synth.

Oh & jewpin isn't really around anymore, he logs on still, but hasn't posted since July 18th.

poochieCREAM 12-13-2009 07:13 PM

That was an inspirational read :)

Red_Comet 12-13-2009 07:17 PM

how is it inspiring? anyways, interesting seeing you post arch... looking back is crazy but you can only wonder what's to come 7 years down the road.

Izzy 12-13-2009 07:20 PM

I registered for this site in around 6th grade or something. I've been using the name Izzy since 2nd grade though.

Not long ago I was looking at waybackmachine.com at how the site was 6+ years ago. The old simfile database and stuff.

Coolboyrulez0 12-13-2009 07:22 PM

How do you think the current community and general feeling of this place compares to that of it 5 years ago?

kid_merkury 12-13-2009 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 (Post 3301574)
How do you think the current community and general feeling of this place compares to that of it 5 years ago?

lol why even ask

Red_Comet 12-13-2009 07:28 PM

there sure wasn't as many people 5 years ago compared to now :D but honestly not much has changed, still got your trolls, your e-drama, your slow periods, some updates from the staff. It happens every year and the cycle will continue for as long as it can.

edit: people don't have a lot to do atm?

off-topic: starting trucking school tomorrow, and can't change my display picture for some reason....

fireking550 12-13-2009 09:13 PM

hey, your 7 now =D, time to take your training wheels off the bike

Adamaja456 12-13-2009 09:16 PM

nice accomplishment. not many users can brag about have an account 7 years old right now. atta boy<3

Patashu 12-13-2009 09:18 PM

5 years ago aperson's run the place red was an amazing file and people played hyrogashi's sims. also dwi

Reach 12-13-2009 09:30 PM

Back in the day I got an A on blur and Arch0wl called BS on me and it turned into a massive flame war thread about how such feats could never be possible.

Even a baby SM player can churn out an A on blur nowadays.

Oh Arch, <3

Nyokou 12-13-2009 10:36 PM

This is the first site I started using the name Nyokou... and I've been using that name for everything since then, haha. FFR is just weird like that I guess. First for some people. :/

25thhour 12-13-2009 10:38 PM

Seven days... You have seven days.

Hmm I've only been here for like 3 years.

Izzy 12-13-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Imo while there was a lot more activity and competition 5 years ago, it has always been crap. The way people played stepmania was way better though. Stepmania is pretty much dead.

jimerax 12-14-2009 12:20 AM

congrats, one of the oldest users here

DotKritic 12-14-2009 12:26 AM

Quote:

No. 5 years ago, the forums were still good, young, and vigil.

xealix 12-14-2009 12:47 AM

Not to mention how much of a name you have made for yourself. Ha lots of inspiration here.