Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Name Changing? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=110730)

donaldkimm 07-21-2009 03:59 PM

Name Changing?

yeah i was wondering if there is a way that a moderator or something that changes the name of the frr username

Vanilla Mnm 07-21-2009 04:03 PM

Re: Name Changing?

No, it's impossible. I've asked lol

customstuff 07-21-2009 04:04 PM

It's NOT impossible. Sprite-, Tibs, and smartdude all go their names changed. You have to be SOOPER SPESHUL.

Adamaja456 07-21-2009 04:06 PM

just make a new account :)

Garquillex 07-21-2009 04:17 PM

I just asked this earlier today actually... Can't do it. I want to make a new account, but I don't want to lose the 36k credits I've spent on songs. That's a lot to me considering I've been slowly accumulating it over 4 years... Don't care about FC's/Scores, I just don't want to lose the last 4 years of credits.

who_cares973 07-21-2009 05:01 PM

rofl i'll send you 36k if thats the reason you wont make a new account

donaldkimm 07-21-2009 05:02 PM

yeah cant u just transfer 36k?

tangomango 07-21-2009 05:07 PM

Yes you can, but he already spent in on songs, and those aren't transferable.

EAGAMES 07-21-2009 06:45 PM

I wish I were SOOPER SPESHUL.

DossarLX ODI 07-21-2009 06:51 PM

Pretty sure you can ask an administrator on the site to change your username, but it would probably take much hassling.

I've never seen any account deleted though

Tasselfoot 07-21-2009 10:05 PM

we don't change names, except under special circumstances (aka, a staff member). the few times we've done it for "normal" users, it hasn't ended well. plus, if we start doing it for 1 person... we'll have to do it for everyone.

Garquillex 07-22-2009 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasselfoot (Post 3155358)
we don't change names, except under special circumstances (aka, a staff member). the few times we've done it for "normal" users, it hasn't ended well. plus, if we start doing it for 1 person... we'll have to do it for everyone.

I know some forums let you change your name once through the control panel or similar means. I'm sure a lot of people would love that... Considering there's a lot more to lose than just post count here. Would it be possible to ever institute that? It really makes sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3155013)
rofl i'll send you 36k if thats the reason you wont make a new account

That would be awesome, but I'll see what Tass says.

Sprite- 07-22-2009 06:24 AM

Okay, then your forum name would be changed, but your FFR account would be totally separate, causing the system to break. It's easy to change your name on the forums, but FFR also integrates the game usernames with the forum usernames. There would be a bunch of other databases that would have to be changed, not to mention quite a few tables in each - which would all have to be done manually.
Sure, the manual work isn't too bad when it's done rarely while under special circumstances, but doing that for anyone who wants it would be very time consuming and it's just not worth the time of the administrator who would have to be constantly updating tables which are easy to break as it is and could cause lots of other problems.

OneHandNow 07-22-2009 06:32 AM

Haha, I understand you..
"OneHandNow" isn't a very informative name ---- especially when you play spread.. LOL

Garquillex 07-22-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sprite- (Post 3155869)
Okay, then your forum name would be changed, but your FFR account would be totally separate, causing the system to break. It's easy to change your name on the forums, but FFR also integrates the game usernames with the forum usernames. There would be a bunch of other databases that would have to be changed, not to mention quite a few tables in each - which would all have to be done manually.
Sure, the manual work isn't too bad when it's done rarely while under special circumstances, but doing that for anyone who wants it would be very time consuming and it's just not worth the time of the administrator who would have to be constantly updating tables which are easy to break as it is and could cause lots of other problems.

Hmm.

Apply restrictions, such as the user must be a subscriber, have an account that's at least 3-4 years old, and possibly a required score like 1 billion points and/or a credit cost like 15k. That way, only dedicated, longtime players who are unhappy with their name can ask for a name change, without burdening admins with sheer quantity. It can also spark some subscriptions.

Could something like that be reasonable?

lightdarkness 07-22-2009 04:42 PM

You basically have to ask me to do it when I'm drunk, lol