Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Other Forum Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Laser Tag! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=108018)

Brilliant Dynamite Neon 04-18-2009 10:53 PM

Laser Tag!

It's Saturday night, and you and your friends are finally free to go to the awesome new Laser Tag arena that has just opened in town. After paying a nominal fee, all of you get suited up, get your guns and are ready to go. Before you can play, however, the game manager enters and has a few words for you.

"Hello there. This will be a standard Team Elimination game, but with a twist. You all will be the lucky ones to try our new devices: the Deflector and the Laserbomb."

He hands each you what looks like a small plastic shield and a glowing rubber ball.

"You can activate the Deflector at any time. If anyone shoots at you while it's active, you can deflect it back to them! Be careful, though; if you have it on for too long and you're not deflecting anything, it'll zap you instead! Better use it wisely. The Laserbomb is a special weapon that can tag a player even if they have a Deflector, but watch out if they dodge it, 'cause it can bounce back to you! Okay, on to the game!"

With trigger fingers primed, the group sets out to pwn some faces.

-----------------------------------------------------------

So begins a game of Laser Tag, here in the game subforum. This game is based on a TWG related game called "Ready Aim Fire."

A forewarning to all: This game is more involved than any of the other forum games. It requires commitment and participation. If you are not used to these things, then this game is not for you.

THE GAME SETUP
For 6-20 players (preferably an even number)

@ Everyone in the game has A GUN, A DEFLECTOR, and A LASERBOMB.

@ Everyone is on a team with someone else. You, personally, will know which team you are on, but not who else is on it. At the beginning of the game, I will announce how many teams there are in the game and how many players in each, but not who is in the team. It will be up to you to figure out who is on your side. Good Luck!

------------------------------------------------------------

The game will take place in rounds. Each round lasts 24 hours.

Each round, a player may choose to perform one of the following actions by Private Messaging me their choice. You may choose to:

- SHOOT someone with the gun. If they are attacking someone else or scoping out, they will die. If they are running, they have a 50% chance of dying. If they are using a deflector, the shot goes back to you and you die.
- USE DEFLECTOR to deflect shots. If anyone shoots you, they will die and you will be saved. However, if you use it and nobody shoots you, you will die instead.
- USE LASERBOMB on someone. This is a gamble. If you throw the laserbomb at someone, there is a 50% chance that it will kill them outright (even if they are using a deflector), but also a 50% chance that they dodge it and it bounces back to you, killing you (unless your target is scoping someone out, in which case it is a guaranteed kill). However, if you throw it at a member of your team and have it "kill" them, they will instead recognize its color and return it safely. That team member will then gain the right to perform 2 actions next round.
- SCOPE OUT a player. You will be told what team the player is on and what they did that round. However, by doing this you open yourself up to laserbomb and gun attacks (they will be 100% effective on you.)
- RUN. Simply flee for your life without taking an action. Gun attacks will only be 50% effective on you while running.
- DO NOTHING. This is the default. If you fail to send in an action because you're lazy you will “choose” this action, but it can also be chosen manually, if you wish. If anyone attacks you, you die, but if not, you live.

After every round I will update the thread and detail who died, and then move to the next round. In the event that everyone dies, the round will start over.

Last team standing wins, no matter how many of you there are. If the game drags on for too long I may impose a round limit, and the team with the most players at game’s end wins.

This game is not necessarily for “playing nice.” Lies and deceit can give you the upper-hand. You can say that you’re going to do anything or that you’re on any team, but only you and I will really know. However, lies can be found out with careful action and investigation, and this can also be a tool to help your team win the game. Use these to your advantage!
----------------------------------
Laser Tag Rules!!!!

General:
1) Being respectful isn’t exactly the law, so I won’t make it a rule here. Act how you want, but keep in mind that there are forum rules that punish flaming, and if you get banned or the players are clearly repulsed by your behavior, you'll need to be replaced. Try to behave, children.
2) Do not quote, forward, or otherwise spread any private communications or PMs with/from me, such as: Role PMs, night actions, etc. If you do, I’ll have to pimp slap you. And by “pimp slap” I mean kick you out of the game. Paraphrasing or indirectly referencing said PMs (for claiming a team or something) is OK.
3) If you have any questions, just PM me about them. Refrain from posting them in the thread. You might reveal something that you shouldn't.
4) Do not discuss this game outside of this thread or the Private Messaging system. This includes real-life. There is a possibility of account sharing and information exchange that could compromise the game.

Activity and Replacement:
5) You are expected to be an active participant in the game, so consider your schedule before signing up. If you fail to send in an Action PM for 2 rounds in a row, then I will send you a warning PM. If you miss more rounds you will be replaced.
6) If you will have limited or no access to the game for more than a day, PM me or tell me in the thread.

Actions and Deadlines:
10) All action PMs must be in the format of "I want to <take whatever action> against <whatever player>."
11) Once you have died and your death is announced, you are out of the game and may no longer post in the thread or PM other players concerning the game. You may still continue to watch the game.

Miscellaneous:
12) I’m running this game, so I am in control. I reserve the right to refuse admittance to players that I feel are not capable of playing this game, or do not take it seriously. People like that ruin the fun! Please read the game and be sure you understand what's going on before you sign up. If you can't grasp the game, don't sign up. Seats in the audience are free; make some popcorn and enjoy the show.
13) I’m sure these rules are not free of loopholes, so if you feel that I have made a mistake, please let me know. A fair game is a fun game.
14) I reserve the right to add rules if necessary.

----------------------------------
SIGNUPS ARE CLOSED. GAME WILL START TOMORROW.

List of players:
1. Oni-Paranoia
2. Breakdown16
3. clarinet89
4. lxDestinyxl
5. Bolth mannn
6. sc979
7. rzr
8. Bangcrashboom
9. SpykeMH
10. Temote
11. argo15
12. TC_Cyrenics
13. travman301
14. demonllama6124
15. iluswirl
16. One Winged Angel

Oni-Paranoia 04-18-2009 10:58 PM

Re: Laser Tag!

Throwing a laser bomb at your own member sounds like a good tactic.

In, sounds kinda fun..all though deaths will be quick

EDIT: 1st, im a cool kid now

Breakdown16 04-18-2009 11:09 PM

In! I sense that it will be real quick though. :P

P.S.: Could you please send a PM telling me when it starts?

clarinet89 04-18-2009 11:23 PM

sounds fun. how long do you estimate this will last?

lxDestinyxl 04-18-2009 11:24 PM

Lets do it.

I'm in.

NFD 04-18-2009 11:30 PM

How does it work?

Bolth mannn 04-18-2009 11:36 PM

in, sounds fun

sc979 04-18-2009 11:45 PM

in

Brilliant Dynamite Neon 04-18-2009 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFD (Post 3050088)
How does it work?

I understand that people who haven't played complex forum games would be confused as to the basics of the game, so here's a summary: Through your actions and communications with other players (in the thread and via PM) you will attempt to figure out who is on your team and work with them to survive and achieve victory. Each round, players choose to take one action by PM'ing me with what they want to do.

Again, read the thread thoroughly. If you still have no idea what's going on, it's probably not a good idea to sign up.

NFD 04-19-2009 12:05 AM

But see, everybody says that at the start of every TWG thread, so um....yeah. s:

rzr 04-19-2009 12:07 AM

Impressive, BDN. In. Need AIMs?

rzr 04-19-2009 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFD (Post 3050130)
But see, everybody says that at the start of every TWG thread, so um....yeah. s:

http://flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/...ad.php?t=92781

Bangcrashboom 04-19-2009 12:14 AM

sounds fun, in

Spyke_MH 04-19-2009 12:35 AM

what the heck I'm in

Temote 04-19-2009 12:37 AM

Go ahead and sign me up for a round of this.

It's not really that confusing once you take a moment to give it a real look-over. <_< It basically amounts to the idea that every 24 hours you are going to PM BDN and say you will:

1. Shoot another player.
2. Protect yourself from gunshots.
3. Throw a bomb. (50/50 chance of it failing)
4. Check out a player to see what team they're on.
5. Not do anything. Hope you don't get shot. =D

Spyke_MH 04-19-2009 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Temote (Post 3050158)

1. Shoot another player.
2. Protect yourself from gunshots And repel shots back to kill the one shooting you.
3. Throw a bomb. (50/50 chance of it failing And you dying instead. Unless its a teammate, they give it back to you with no one dying and get an extra action next turn.)
4. Check out a player to see what team they're on.
5. Not do anything. Hope you don't get shot. =D

fixed

argo15 04-19-2009 01:58 AM

I'm in

lxDestinyxl 04-19-2009 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brilliant Dynamite Neon (Post 3050060)
4. |xDestinyx|

My name is spelt with two 'L's', not these | things.

lxDestinyxl

Thanks.

Bolth mannn 04-19-2009 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lxDestinyxl (Post 3050223)
My name is spelt with two 'L's', not these | things.

lxDestinyxl

Thanks.

lol nub.

PS i just noticed your not #1 in Australia anymore :( oh well looks like you got some competition :P

phe0nixblade 04-19-2009 05:31 AM

tl;dr or I'd be in