Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Michael Phelps In Twouble (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=105703)

AC1speakerbox 02-2-2009 03:24 PM

Michael Phelps In Twouble

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/swimmi...ory?id=3876804
A newspaper in Britain shows American Olympic legend, Michael Phelps, SMOKING MARIJUANA.
I'm a little afraid to show the picture here in the boards, but it can be seen in the news article above (Don't you dare ban me for posting a news article).
He was attending a house party while visiting the University of South Carolina, and some prick thought it would be cool to take a picture of Phelps smoking.
The validity of the picture has been confirmed, and Phelps describes his actions as "regrettable" behavior.
The good news: "under World Anti-Doping Agency rules, an athlete is subject to sanctions only for a positive test during competition periods."
As a big fan, I hope the best for Phelps and that his endorsements aren't too hard on him.

fo3h4mm3r 02-2-2009 03:42 PM

Re: Michael Phelps In Twouble

Lol...pipe...silly news...

All_That_Chaz 02-2-2009 03:44 PM

He'll be clean by 2012. Let the kid celebrate. How is this news?

Oh yeah, don't do drugs. They're against the law.

makdaddy 02-2-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fo3h4mm3r (Post 2970414)
Lol...pipe...silly news...

it's a bong goddammit a bong!

anyways, i hate fags.

No really though, he can do what he wants as long as it doesn't hurt anybody else, that's always my rule.

fo3h4mm3r 02-2-2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by makdaddy (Post 2970420)
it's a bong goddammit a bong!

anyways, i hate fags.

No really though, he can do what he wants as long as it doesn't hurt anybody else, that's always my rule.

Exactly my point....

What does that have to do with anything?

funmonkey54 02-2-2009 03:50 PM

A mistake is a mistake. He cannot change it now.
While I hope he does not do it again in the future, this is over dramatized.

AC1speakerbox 02-2-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz (Post 2970419)
He'll be clean by 2012. Let the kid celebrate. How is this news?

Uhhhh, it's news because he is a swimming legend and celebrated role model doing something ILLEGAL.
If I didn't think it was news, would I have rushed from school to post it before someone else did? :D

All_That_Chaz 02-2-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC1speakerbox (Post 2970436)
Uhhhh, it's news because he is a swimming legend and celebrated role model doing something ILLEGAL.
If I didn't think it was news, would I have rushed from school to post it before someone else did? :D

It doesn't have anything to do with what he's famous for. It's just prying into his personal life which isn't news, it's harassment.

[TeRa] 02-2-2009 03:58 PM

lol weed who cares
Shouldn't even be considered a drug. Now if he was doing acid or something, that's a different story.

AC1speakerbox 02-2-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz (Post 2970444)
It doesn't have anything to do with what he's famous for. It's just prying into his personal life which isn't news, it's harassment.

This is true.
Either way, the politically correct bashers of the world see it necessary to give him a slap on the wrist.
Also, this could cost him millions (or at least those he doesn't already have) in sponsorships.

i love gabba 02-2-2009 04:03 PM

I really don't think he will automatically stop. Seriously, sucks to be famous sometimes... he's not even dealing it and he's getting all this.

fido123 02-2-2009 04:08 PM

I really don't understand why you guys are trying to sympathize with him. He broke the law now he's being punished by the law. He must have known if he was caught doing this the media would have a field day, he's really only brought this upon himself.

pick211 02-2-2009 04:13 PM

He was bound to be caught doing something bad.

OrganisM 02-2-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fido123 (Post 2970462)
I really don't understand why you guys are trying to sympathize with him. He broke the law now he's being punished by the law.

I call it an unjust law. You think the law is always right?

Let me put it in context: a couple hundred years ago, black people were like an iPod or a couch. They weren't people, and didn't have rights. They were property. That was law. Attempting to do things which were rightful to a free man was breaking the law. Was that right?

I don't think the law is always right, and in any case, it's true he should have kept in mind who he was and what his role in society was, but he took responsibility for what he did and is owning up to it. I could hardly fault the guy.

Xeris 02-2-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funmonkey54 (Post 2970435)
A mistake is a mistake. He cannot change it now.
While I hope he does not do it again in the future, this is over dramatized.

A mistake?

Phelps is prolly at home right now smoking a fat one laughing his balls off goin "I was sooo ****in baked that night."

AC1speakerbox 02-2-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrganisM (Post 2970469)
Let me put it in context: couple hundred years ago, black people were like an iPod or a couch. They weren't people, and didn't have rights. They were property. That was law. Attempting to do things which were rightful to a free man was breaking the law. Was that right?

Wow. That really got me thinking.

bender5 02-2-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [TeRa] (Post 2970446)
lol weed who cares
Shouldn't even be considered a drug. Now if he was doing acid or something, that's a different story.

I would totally do acid with him, that would be kickass

at any rate who cares what he does when he's not training?

he doesn't use steroids he smokes pot. BIG DEAL

dore 02-2-2009 04:32 PM

Hey he got arrested for drunk driving after the Athens Olympics, remember that? Thought not.

Svaz 02-2-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [TeRa] (Post 2970446)
lol weed who cares

Probably Wheaties or Kelloggs or whoever used him/is using him for advertising campaigns. Considering the revenue he makes from them, he sort of owed them an apology (so they keep paying him for his image, haha).

fido123 02-2-2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrganisM (Post 2970469)
I call it an unjust law. You think the law is always right?

Let me put it in context: couple hundred years ago, black people were like an iPod or a couch. They weren't people, and didn't have rights. They were property. That was law. Attempting to do things which were rightful to a free man was breaking the law. Was that right?

I don't think the law is always right, and in any case, it's true he should have kept in mind who he was and what his role in society was, but he took responsibility for what he did and is owning up to it. I could hardly fault the guy.

I'm not saying the law is always right, I'm simply saying he shouldn't be sympathized as he knew the the consequences for his actions would be. I'm not saying look down upon him, and I do think he is doing a good job at handling it. You can fault the guy for his actions but you can also forgive him and look up to how he's dealing with it.