Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Stepmania Nostalgia Pack (Submissions REOPEN) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=119755)

i love you 07-22-2011 05:37 PM

Stepmania Nostalgia Pack (Submissions REOPEN)

Stepmania Nostalgia Pack

(Temporary banner if anyone wants to make a better one)

Ko7a's Banner

Profraine's Banner

Deadline: August 8th 11:59AM FFR Server Time

Since AlexDest quit Stepmania and AJ resigned from judging, I decided to take over this pack. Would be nice to get two more non-elitist judges for this as well, if possible, otherwise I will be the only judge for this.

Remember 2004-2006? When Stepmania had simple files like Eggman's Quasar, Hayden's Ageha, Emerald Sword, or even Toph's One More Lovely? This era of stepping was the best in most of the community's opinion and it seems like the right time for that to revive. The song choice doesn't have to be strict, just find something and step away. Also synchronizing doesn't have to be perfect at all, just make it seem close enough.

Files/Patterns that are allowed:
Index (Friendly patterns, meaning no cross-overs, jumpstream, hands, etc)
Old-School (Making the file have the fun factor rather than having it be technically correct)
Jumpstream (Self-explanatory)
Handstream (Keeping this to a low minimum, e.g. Moulin Rouge [Edit], Policy In The Sky [Oni])
Minijacks (This is very best a minimum when including jacks, 2 or 3 notes long is good)

DO NOT SEND stepfiles that are/have:
New-Generation Stepfiles (2007-2011, e.g. Dark Chancellors, ODIPack 1-2)
Mine Dumps (Files having a cluster of mines to dodge)
Vibrating (please no)
Rolls (Don't have this in your stepfile, some people use SM 3.9 and rolls aren't supported for this version)

Send all submissions to: stepmanianostalgia@gmail.com
(You can also PM your files to me on FFR or RF and I will send them to the other judges)

Aiming somewhere between 25-30 files but I do not mind if we get up to 40.

NEW: Each person can only have a maximum of 5 files (not including collaborations)

Submissions Key:
*= File has been judged by me

Accepted Key:
[o]= Step Artist has an existing CD-TITLE
[+]= File has GFX and CD-TITLE

File Submissions: 46
*(MarioNintendo) FFReedom
*(HawkE) Enemy Storm
*(HawkE) Reunion
*(HawkE) Identity Part 3 [N/A]
*(Kommisar) Broadbaned
*(Kommisar) Less Than Three
*(plopadop) Less Than Three
*(Kommisar) Macau Underground
*(Kommisar) Master Maid
*(Kommisar) Papaver Rhoeas
*(Dimentio) Super Lovely
*(Duplica) Tinkerbot Battle
*(Kommisar) Wi-Ex-Doc-Va
*(Aeterna Imari vs. TypeMARS) MAHOROBA
*(TNSM) Background Theme II
*(Kommisar + WTFBrandon) Ending
*(Sensationer) Uzzuda
*(BeatofIke) Xecus
*(BeatofIke) Piano Mania VS Drum no Tatsuj
*(BeatofIke) Target Smash
*(Aeterna Imari) Neckbreaker Plus System Remix
*(Aeterna Imari) Xepher
*(IcyWorld) Love Is Dreaminess
*(Aeterna Imari) Final Audition Episode 1
*(Xayphon) Form The Alliance
*(IcyWorld) HOT STUFF
*(Aeterna Imari) A Thousand Miles (Speedo Mix)
*(qqwref) Epileptic Crisis (Index Edition)
*(Reshiram) Snowfall
*(Xx{Midnight}xX) S.Y.S.T.E.M
*(bmah) RESONATE 1794
*(bmah) So Fabulous!!
*(samurai7694) 37 Dicks
*(samurai7694) Paranoia Evil 52 Decline
*(bmah) Aurora
*(Aeterna Imari) PianoCore
*(bmah) NIGHT FLIGHT TO TOKYO
*(bmah) HYPERION
*(Profraine) Solar Eclipse
*(Scintill) Pseudonym 2010 [N/A]
*(TNSM) Slider
*(Reshiram) Rawest Forest
*(Charlo) Unpredictable
*(HawkE) Dream Layer
*(Alphanish) Doku Ga ~THE ANIMATION ED
*(BeatofIke) Tokyo Girl
----------------------------

Accepted Files: 32
[+] (Hawke) Ememy Storm
[+] (Hawke) Reunion
[+] (Kommisar) Broadbaned 8M Remix
[+] (Kommisar vs. plopadop) Less Than Three (plopadop's version will be the stardard chart while Kommisar's will be the heavy version)
[+] (Kommisar) Macau Underground
[+] (Kommisar) MASTER MAID
[+] (Kommisar) Papaver Rhoeas
[+] (Kommisar) Super Lovely
[+] (Duplica) Tinkerbot Boss Battle
[+] (Kommisar) Wi-Ex-Doc-Va
[+] (Kommisar + WTFBrandon) Ending
[+] (TNSM) Background Theme II
[+] (Xayphon) Form The Alliance
[+] (Reshiram) Snowfall
[+] (Aeterna Imari) Neckbreaker Plus System Remix
[+] (Aeterna Imari vs. TypeMARS) MAHOROBA
[+] (Aeterna Imari) Final Audition Episode 1
[+] (IcyWorld) Love Is Dreaminess
[+] (IcyWorld) HOT STUFF
[+] (bmah) RESONATE 1794
[+] (bmah) So Fabulous!!
[+] (samurai7694) 37 Dicks
[+] (samurai7694) Paranoia Evil 52 Decline
[+] (bmah) Aurora
[+] (bmah) NIGHT FLIGHT TO TOKYO
[+] (bmah) HYPERION
[+] (Profraine) Solar Eclipse
[+] (TNSM) Slider
[+] (Reshiram) Rawest Forest
[+] (Charlo) Unpredictable
[+] (HawkE) Dream Layer
[+] (Alphanish) Doku Ga ~THE ANIMATION ED
--------------------------

Judges:
Rebound

Graphic Artists:
Rebound
Profraine
HawkE
Aeterna Imari
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
--------------------------

LIST OF SONGS THAT NEED GFX

NOPE.AVI

i love you 07-22-2011 05:38 PM

Re: Stepmania Nostalgia Pack (Submissions REOPEN)

These were all of my reviews before submissions went down. This page will NOT be updated. I will just post what I judge just so people do not have to come back to this same post every time I judge new files which can get very annoying.

Broadbaned (8M Remix) [Kommisar] (Accept)
Haha, this file was pretty fun and replayable. This definitely is bring back that old school feel to files which is what we are looking for! [b]

Ememy Storm [Hawke] (Accept)
Heavy - Oh man, this chart was just hella fun and HIGHLY replayable.
Oni - WOW, this chart was like the PERFECT difficultly gap for heavy.

FFReedom [MarioNintendo] (Maybe)
This file was more on the repetitive side due to the dragging on of the song but it was still fun to some extent. Holds felt a bit abused as well and the song itself had a low volume so it gave it that ~feel~ that it was more boring than it really is.

Less Than Three [Kommisar] (Accept)
Less-than-three! You love me! Typing out my random thoughts! Meet me here on this thread! L-O-L-O-L!

Less Than Three [plopadop] (Accept)
This chart was pretty good as well. I think it would be a great idea if this chart was the heavy version of Kommisar's version.

Macau Underground [Kommisar] (Accept)
Oh shi, bringing back that DJ Sharpnel back is dis bitch. Fuccen amazing chart btw.

MASTER MAID [Kommisar] (Accept)
Again, bring back that DJ Sharpnel into this pack is awesome. This looks similar to the FFR version but longer. Still thought it was fun as an old school file. That slightly repetitive feel brought be back to 2005 hehu.

Papaver Rhoeas [Kommisar] (Accept)
And yet ANOTHER DJ sharpnel file lmao. Still found it really fun and replayable though hehe.

Reunion [Hawke] (Accept)
Wow, another old school ~feel~ JS file. Definitely something i would want to play again.

Super Lovely [Kommisar] (Accept)
I almost quad this! Jokes aside, another great JS file that i think a lot of people would enjoy.

Tinkerbot Boss Battle [Duplica] (Accept)
Cool stream file. Seemed a bit like a unique old school file in a way which is something we want.

These are the files I just judged today and yesterday:

(Aeterna Imari) A Thousand Miles (Speedo Mix) - This file has blue note syndrome and it was off measure but it was fun to some extent. The way you layered everything was hella confusing and it did not match the song at all. It might be the fact that the whole file is off measure. Fix that and resend again. No

(Aeterna Imari) Neckbreaker Plus System Remix - This felt like another F5 file haha. Definitely want this. Yes

(Aeterna Imari vs. TypeMARS) MAHOROBA - Before I review this, I just wanted to throw out that this felt like I was playing a file from F5 which is something I enjoyed when I first started playing stepmania. Anyway, heavy chart was fun to some extent and replayable. Oni chart was good as an oni chart. Overall, both chart are fun but not exactly indexable. Yes

(Aeterna Imari) Final Audition Episode 1 - This file was pretty fun but at the same time straight forward. Definitely felt old school material in my eyes hehe. Also, The patterns were a bit random but that's not really a big deal in this case since you layered it right. Yes

(Aeterna Imari) Xepher - Sorry, this has been stepped a whole lot of times so I am not going to accept this sadly. No

(BeatofIke) Piano Mania VS Drum no Tatsuj - This one has new generation all over it. This is not what I'm looking for. I hate having to reject a perfectly stepped file but save that for another pack. No

(BeatofIke) Target Smash - This one was slightly on the repetitive side but it was fun and replayable to some extent. Those 12th rolls should just be 16th triples and try to layer some of those empty parts like on m23 where you just step the background noise as single notes. Do that then I will take your file. Conditional Accept

(BeatofIke) Xecus - You already stepped this for hsmp as the medium difficutly so I am not going to take this. No

(HawkE) Identity Part 3 - Holy shit this felt like one of those harder NLVM's old school dump files. I'm not sure if I'm ready to add dumps like this yet so I will keep this on hold until I decide if I want it in or not. N/A

(IcyWorld) Love Is Dreaminess - This file was also really fun on index. I can see index players replaying this file a lot because of how fun it is. Yes

(IcyWorld) HOT STUFF - Holy hell this was really fun playing on index. Definitely fun and highly replayable. Yes

(Kommisar + WTFBrandon) Ending - Every pack needs an ending amirite? Definitely something I want for the pack as well. Really fun and highly replayable. Yes

(Kommisar) Wi-Ex-Doc-Va - This one was pretty interesting but definitely something I am looking for. Pretty fun and replayable as well. Yes

(qqwref) Epileptic Crisis (Index Edition) - Despite how many people stepped this same song, this file was fun to some extent. Some of those patterns though was not index friendly at all and since you were going for an index file, I will have to say that you must fix up some of those index patterns so that it will seem more replayable, otherwise it will get rejected in the long run. Conditional Accept

(Reshiram) Snowfall - Sync got slightly off near the end but was still a good file. I got a little meh when I saw those pauses but I see what you were trying to do so good job. Yes

(Sensationer) Uzzuda - Standard: Was fun to some extent but your pattern usage got really repetitive and started to drag on a lot. That includes the other difficulties as well. Heavy/Oni: These felt like one of those repetitive dump files that no one would play just because of how much it drags on. I hate to do this to you but I will have to reject this. No

(TNSM) Background Theme II - Wow, this file definitely brought me back to 2006 again. Pretty fun and highly replayable. Yes

(Xayphon) Form the Alliance - This one was pretty challenging but still really fun as well. Probably will be one of the harder files for this pack which never hurts. Yes

(Xx{Midnight}xX) S.Y.S.T.E.M - This file was already stepped as an old school file so we do not need another one. No

icontrolyourworld 07-22-2011 05:40 PM

I'm a dolphin I love you

PrawnSkunk 07-22-2011 05:41 PM

I'm surprised Emerald Sword isn't in there... it's like one of the most abused simfiles in history.

i love you 07-22-2011 05:43 PM

Oh, I should add that in the OP haha

PS: Does anyone know who Sensationer is on FFR or any other places? If so, can someone tell him to resubmit the following files?

(Sensationer) I Love Rock & Roll
(Sensationer) Only My Railgun [Eurobeatchargemix]
(Sensationer) Dash

Would be appreciated :3

Coolboyrulez0 07-22-2011 06:02 PM

Oh wow, once I return home I'll step some old beatmania songs for this :D

samurai7694 07-22-2011 06:09 PM

wtf mang you disappear from AIM mang didn' no u was gunna do dis shit mang

came back from watching Scarface. sure if I get a good nostalgic song to step, then I'll send one or two files in for this

i love you 07-22-2011 06:33 PM

Sweet! The more submissions, the better :3

Coolboyrulez0 07-22-2011 06:35 PM

btw, what ever happened to your dump pack II? :o

BeatofIke 07-22-2011 06:35 PM

Yay, the pack is back. Going to submit a few.

sakura080789 07-22-2011 06:41 PM

files accepted, stepped by me?!!! *super happy*

i love you 07-22-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 (Post 3508508)
btw, what ever happened to your dump pack II? :o

Rebound Dump Collection Pack II was supposed to come out sometime in June but then staiain and Hawke released the Mina Mini Pack 2 which ruined literally my WHOLE plan with my dump pack so at the moment, the pack is on HOLD until I figure out a new plan for it. If not then I will probably never finish the pack. It was not their fault though because they never even knew about it nor did I ever knew that they were going to release that pack.

Coolboyrulez0 07-22-2011 06:59 PM

If it ever releases...

enjoy

BeatofIke 07-22-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love you

(BeatofIke) Piano Mania VS Drum no Tatsuj - This one has new generation all over it. This is not what I'm looking for. I hate having to reject a perfectly stepped file but save that for another pack. No

(BeatofIke) Target Smash - This one was slightly on the repetitive side but it was fun and replayable to some extent. Those 12th rolls should just be 16th triples and try to layer some of those empty parts like on m23 where you just step the background noise as single notes. Do that then I will take your file. Conditional Accept

(BeatofIke) Xecus - You already stepped this for hsmp as the medium difficutly so I am not going to take this. No

I expected this to happen sadly. To tell you the truth, I lost the knowlege in stepping old school files, due to years of simfile elitism (I'm currently learning to step expressively). The only thing I remember about stepping old school files are index charts and pad charts, but I stopped stepping those kind of simfiles since 2009). I should take a look at my old files to regain my knowledge for this, before submitting any more files in this pack. Also, I seem to have a habit in stepping repetive songs/files (which destroys fun factor), which I have to stop doing. Besides that, thanks for the review.

Ziergdsx18 07-22-2011 07:55 PM

ike sCK files

i love you 07-22-2011 08:15 PM

What's up with that "sCK" word lmao

NeoMasterPie 07-22-2011 08:35 PM

roar speak

Coolboyrulez0 07-22-2011 08:55 PM

t.Hanks

bmah 07-22-2011 09:07 PM

Exactly what kind of file defines a 2007-2011 type chart?

PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR 07-22-2011 09:41 PM

I should probably submit some of my unreleased files to this... This would probably be the best place for them.
I'm also thinking about offering to help judge/gfx this. I really like the idea, I just don't know if I have the time to do it.