Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Other Music Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   DJ Hero (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=109295)

Kekeb 06-3-2009 01:33 PM

DJ Hero

Official Site/Trailer: http://djhero.com/

Game Information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DJ_Hero

Release Date: Pre-order's Ship 10/27/2009 (Late October)

Here's a hands on look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9loz95y7vk or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0anUdAl9b0c

Peripheral:

I don't want to clutter the thread with game info, I just want a discussion on the premise of the game. Looking at the videos released, the game appears to be relatively easy. Expert difficulty level contains directional scratching, and I think that will be the obstacle that most average gamers will be stumped on. That is, until they overcome that skill curve. You can use the Guitar Hero peripheral on some songs, which adds to the multiplayer dynamic.

I've seen people complain for more freedom in game, like not having to conform to the notes given. In reality, people like that are looking for a simulator - not a game. I can foresee people wanting to master this, which means being able to utilize Euphoria (DJ Hero's equivalent to Guitar Hero's Star Power) and hitting every note to the best of their ability. This really requires specific notes, which is even the general basis for a music game.

You can already preorder the game, and it's shipping at around 120$ USD. Which in my opinion is decent, as I was expecting the peripheral to bump up the price. You're basically paying 60$ for the controller, as most new releases end up being 50-70$.

Opinions?

phe0nixblade 06-3-2009 02:33 PM

Re: DJ Hero

This game seems fun, and if I have the money I will most certainly be getting it. Games of the Music genre are just plain good ol' fun to me.

thechild 06-3-2009 03:03 PM

I got excited then saw the gameplay videos..

TC_Halogen 06-3-2009 04:56 PM

I sense a Konami law-suit, because Konami loves to sue the hell out of everything--and they'll use the idea of a "DJ" peripheral as their excuse because of Beatmania.

DJ Hero looks promising though.

Xiaounlimited 06-3-2009 07:59 PM

Looks like it'd be fun for the initial period (and learning curve) but I can't imagine the songs getting overly difficult considering the simple structuring of the game.

SethSquall 06-4-2009 09:26 AM

Looks like a lot of fun. Will be getting it.

MrDespair 06-4-2009 01:10 PM

It looks pretty interesting. At first I thought it looked pretty easy 3 tracks and all but when I realized it gets a bit more complex like having to move the cross fader to different sides and having to scratch a certain direction for some notes I can see it becoming harder.

Some of the songs are a bit weird though. I'm not sure if every single song being a mash up is the publics taste.

Cyanite 06-4-2009 06:57 PM

Honestly this doesn't even look all that fun, especially after you get past the learning curve. Guitar Hero and Rock Band stay fun past the learning curve but this method of gameplay seems pretty uninteresting.

Though I'm just basing this off of seeing someone else play it, I could be wrong.

FN_Boski 06-10-2009 07:12 PM

dont even wanna play it because its from the maker of guitar hero...

who_cares973 06-10-2009 07:21 PM

good reason to not play a game

phe0nixblade 06-10-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FN_Boski (Post 3102117)

****ing idiot

Choofers 06-10-2009 08:45 PM

Maybe if they made beatmania IIDX for PS3.

Like, Happy Sky.

SethSquall 06-11-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Learn to not cut your nose off to spite your face.

Tired_Old_Man 06-11-2009 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thechild (Post 3095119)
I got excited then saw the gameplay videos..

yup, gameplay doesn't even look remotely fun. I'd rather play total recall for NES every night than buy dj hero

dragon890x 06-11-2009 01:14 PM

This game looks amazing. I just hope the gameplay is all it looks to be.

mnoed 07-10-2009 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyanite (Post 3096488)
Honestly this doesn't even look all that fun, especially after you get past the learning curve. Guitar Hero and Rock Band stay fun past the learning curve but this method of gameplay seems pretty uninteresting.

Though I'm just basing this off of seeing someone else play it, I could be wrong.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3102119)
good reason to not play a game

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tired_Old_Man (Post 3102713)
I'd rather play total recall for NES every night than buy dj hero

OK! For all of you that say DJ Hero sucks because the gameplay sucks because its totally different from Guitar Hero, it sucks because its made from the people who made Guitar Hero, or it sucks because you dont like rap, WE DONT NEED YOUR COMMENTS!

DJ Hero ISN'T supposed to be like Guitar Hero

Sure the gameplay is new, but you cant just say it sucks before you try it

YES! THE SONGS ARE MASHES OF OTHER SONG.
YES! THERE IS NOT JUST ROCK/ALTERNATIVE IN IT.
YES! IT IS FROM THE PEOPLE WHO MADE GUITAR HERO.
Did you ever think that Activision/RedOctane/Neversoft wanted to appeal to more people by making a music game that's another genre?
Why would you even post stuff that says rap sucks and stuff if you clicked a forum that said DJ HERO, when the key word here is DJ?

I know I'm making this a big deal, but I'm just tired of surfin through the web, reading reviews/previews of this game, when I see a bunch of hating comments about the genre/gameplay because its not like Guitar Hero or because the people who have played Guitar Hero hate it so much that they dont even want to play DJ Hero.

P.S. Can't wait until the game comes out :D !

who_cares973 07-10-2009 11:52 PM

yes lets quote wc and his sarcastic post

Tokzic 07-10-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnoed
HOLY **** YOU GUYS DJ HERO IS GOING TO BE A MASTERPIECE DON'T BE H8IN'

why are you taking it so personally

is dj hero your dad or something

mnoed 07-27-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3141200)
yes lets quote wc and his sarcastic post

Yeah, really?
How the hell am I supposed to know that what he TYPES is sarcasic?
Dumb****

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokzic (Post 3141212)
why are you taking it so personally

is dj hero your dad or something

AND WOW
Anyone can just scroll down and see that I never said that.

thechild 07-29-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnoed (Post 3163485)
LOL RANT

Um. Ok? I would have respected your post if you didn't flip out. It's a game. And we know you didn't actually say that, but that's how we read it.