Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Songs of the Week (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Songs of the Week 12/31/19 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151597)

psychoangel691 12-31-2019 03:33 PM

Songs of the Week 12/31/19

Fastest Pointer-Finger in the West
Musician: Bill Kiley
Musician: Ryan Ike
Step Artist: devonin
Difficulty: 3
Song Length: 0:05

Black Lair
Musician: Sakuzyo
Step Artist: Reshiram
Difficulty: 68
Song Length: 2:25

Final Boss
Musician: Nitro Fun
Step Artist: Psychotik
Difficulty: 73
Song Length: 2:01

Aleph-0
Musician: LeaF
Step Artist: Skullbac
Difficulty: 80
Song Length: 2:31

While Sleeping (The Big Sleep)
Musician: The Ghost of 3.13
Step Artist: Deamerai
Difficulty: 98
Song Length: 2:45

SK8R43 12-31-2019 03:55 PM

Re: Songs of the Week 12/31/19

Shortest song wut

Also yey, a new 98! :)

34 retries later... FINALLY!! 1x speed, 3x rate no average no boo fc!

EDIT: Better, hooray! 4G clean

Edit 2: Not gonna lie....i really enjoyed this file. Incase anyone wants to watch this monstrosity on 1x speed LOL

One Winged Angel 12-31-2019 06:28 PM

No idea we had Ghost of 3.13 permission so that's neat.

I feel that chart's chances at being really enjoyable were robbed by that atrocious conversion forcing some dumb manips that weren't intended. On Etterna/SM I bet it's super fun. I spotted multiple 9 note 32nd bursts that didn't contain a pseudo-jump because 250bpm isn't absurdly fast, but it's still a crapshoot as to whether the burst will come out clean like that or have a jump thrown in, usually at a really stupid place.

tl;dr: FFR conversions blow. I know the site is lacking in manpower and frame fixes can be a bit time intensive so I won't suggest possibly re-looking at charts that succumb to this kind of crap because I realize it's unlikely. It's just a shame that the fun factor plummets when going for score on these types of charts.

hi19hi19 12-31-2019 08:31 PM

Let me just say, the way Fastest Pointer-Finger in the West does not in fact use either pointer finger for the click sounds when playing a standard spread setup is a major missed chance. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

SubaruPoptart 12-31-2019 09:56 PM

If there were ever a need for the hijinks that went on when The Wises Were Wrong first came out, it was needed at this point for Aleph-0.

I'm lovin this week. Shortest song, Final Boss gave a challenge I wasn't expecting, and having saw Aleph-0 browsing the batch things a month-ish ago I was hyped for its release cuz I've always loved the song, alongside the stuff that comes out of it when charted. I was scared it was gonna be too difficult/unplayable for me but it's actually the perfect difficulty.

I haven't played the 98 yet but I prolly will in a bit.

Not devonin 12-31-2019 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 4706478)
Let me just say, the way Fastest Pointer-Finger in the West does not in fact use either pointer finger for the click sounds when playing a standard spread setup is a major missed chance. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

Play index bro

But more seriously, title aside, it opens with a descending strum, I could ONLY have done
4/3/2/1 or maybe 4/2/3/1 and either way, jumping to the 2 or 3 would have felt wrong.

And also, ask somebody who is old which finger they point with, and many of them point with their middle fingers, so check and mate.

TC_Halogen 01-1-2020 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not devonin (Post 4706484)
Play index bro

But more seriously, title aside, it opens with a descending strum, I could ONLY have done
4/3/2/1 or maybe 4/2/3/1 and either way, jumping to the 2 or 3 would have felt wrong.

And also, ask somebody who is old which finger they point with, and many of them point with their middle fingers, so check and mate.

- descending strum could have been done w/ wrap-around pitch-relevance with the highest note starting on 1 and working backward which is extremely common

- the index finger is most commonly called the "pointer finger"

if you're going to be tactless, be knowledgeable

Not devonin 01-1-2020 11:39 PM

Yes because when I say something about me and what I could have done, the correct thing to do is assume I meant it was literally the only thing anybody could have done, and then publicly call me out for it.

Grow up.

Like, Jesus Fucking Christ, it's a track from a Western themed game whose name is a riff on fastest gun in the west. OBVIOUSLY the pointer finger is the index finger you'd use to make finger guns. Please don't act like you've caught me out on some act of ignorance for responding to what was obviously a jokey comment with what was obviously another jokey comment.

Come on.

Matthia 01-2-2020 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 4706478)

That's why we have shuffle mod!!!