Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145930)

andy-o24 11-15-2016 01:59 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread

I really need to go to bed though. I'll try and get a response out to any questions directed toward me before class. Keep it up, Shado.

And yeah, that totally makes sense.

-o24

ShadoWolfe 11-15-2016 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4493628)
I really need to go to bed though. I'll try and get a response out to any questions directed toward me before class. Keep it up, Shado.

And yeah, that totally makes sense.

-o24

You're good. Get some rest.

Thanks for clearing yourself :3

ShadoWolfe 11-15-2016 02:13 AM

Hi Xel, Pazzaz.

I assume you'll each have some thoughts to share after reading up?

I mean, it's hard to imagine you wouldn't. There's the NK flip and a new face in thread.

gold stinger 11-15-2016 06:01 AM

I think both andy & Shado are lock clear town after the latest interaction, at least until Shado does something with the knife. If knife doesn't backfire or something, then yeah it would make sense that andy would be wolf in this case. But at the same time, Mad Dummy says that usually the similar scum-aligned role usually only has 1 or 2 of those items, where andy says he's got 4.

I'm inclined to believe that Shado & andy are both town here, and andy just outed himself hardcore.

Both Precarious, and vendetta are being inactive as fuck and look super scummy as fuck that it's d2 and still neither of them have got a fucking reads list going for themselves.

I like both inDheart & wineandbread's reads and are both being super analytical of the game in nature, so I don't really think either of them are wolves, but one could be copying the other since they have both crazily similar read styles. I'd town-lean both of them for right now.

I honestly think my top scum read right now is Pazzaz. Some people have said earlier that his role is more often than not scum-aligned, he hasn't made all that good of counterarguments against AA dying, and still doesn't drop me some fucking critical information regarding his d0 thoughts, although he should have been bursting out the oiseau with them.

Will probably be reading over roundbox's and Xelnya's stuff today, although I will say that I feel a little bit better about roundbox after tonight's lynch.

gold stinger 11-15-2016 06:03 AM

oh fuck I didn't use size 5 like I said I was going to rip my life

gold stinger 11-15-2016 06:04 AM

dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks

gold stinger 11-15-2016 06:04 AM

shitposting in day 2 ladies and gentlemen

gold stinger 11-15-2016 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Post 4493586)
man

i can tell already this is gonna be a pain trying to contain my spammy nature.

I'm used to games where I personally post almost 800-1000 posts in a single game which takes 6 days..

lolme

you should TOTALLY fucking shitpost with me.

gold stinger 11-15-2016 06:27 AM

Xelnya come Xelnya go

ShadoWolfe 11-15-2016 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4493634)
dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks

kung pow voice: That's a lot of dicks!

TWG Mad Dummy 11-15-2016 10:27 AM

Just read up through page 5 (80 posts per page).

here's some thoughts.

(i would spoiler it, but i don't know how :( )

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4490878)
Nah, you have 72 hours to make another good one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4490879)
Look at this wolf, boyz

i like both of these posts from charu.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4490880)
hi

this reaction to being called a wolf by charu is underwhelming, but at the same time i kinda like the underreaction?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4490915)
Oh that's good. I'm glad things are goin smoothly lol. The way you're being so vague about it makes me think this "random Anime convention" is something along the lines of "Hardcore Hentai Con" (wonder if that exists somewhere..)

"You in my room" is a reference to the Snivy Charu I've had in my house for a few years without realizing it was even a Snivy until your avatar slapped me in the face with its Snivyness.

lol at the bold

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4490928)
Oh, you're Marth?
Wow, either you or Tokzic must be lying then.

this statement just stood out as odd to me. In a certain way its encouraging conflict between people. And it also doesn't feel like 'just shitposting'. it feels different, kinda more awkward tonally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by juckter1 (Post 4490935)
this is a game

out of the 'lol first post' posts, this one is by far the worst.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4490936)
Worthless post, feels forced, ect ect ect

(i'm assuming this is a meme cause i've seen it alot)

Quote:

Originally Posted by juckter1 (Post 4490939)
Charu is a wolf

meh. Tonally so far, charu seemed the most town. Not a fan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4490941)
Don't make me love you

i like this reaction to the vote by charu.

Quote:

Originally Posted by juckter1 (Post 4490949)
kay, this was a nice visit to the thread, see you all later

and then he just peace's out. >.< juckter1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokzic (Post 4490964)
Excuse me...

Are you... talking shit about my... hard claim?

this feels kinda towny.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4490975)
tokzic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4490981)
I'm hoping this isn't a serious vote but I'm scared that it is

this is an interesting interaction. and then the following post is oddly funny

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4490982)
why so neutral

MML just flipped 3rd party right? if so this post is noted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4491021)
danceflashrevo

first vote on the flipped mafia. easy for a mafia to do early IME

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4491024)
MML sits alone at arbys
The flesh tastes of dust to him
The void beckons
The lights go off
The slaves go home
And yet MML sits

Alone

the poetry/arby shitposting/involment in the thread feels towny from xel tho

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4491031)
god this is going to be such horseshit

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4491032)
err i mean hi!

/cutevoice

while this entrance is obviously contrived, I like the tone in the first post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4491125)
Low content first post.

Immediately questions town read, either because he's a wolf and knows tokzic is also a wolf, or some meta misdirection. AA is scum.

Gonna do poorly on my test, probably, but thought I'd chime in.

-o24 (or should I sign this as my character?????)

I kinda like o24 coming out of the gate with some interactions and reads. I feel like a new person to mafia wouldn't want to draw attention to themselves with such a controvercial read (at least not so early). town lean.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491152)
ffr being slow and double posting also ruins a lot of the effect of this game

in any case, AA literally only made those 2 posts, and for some reason andy has decided that AA is worthy of a serious wolf read at this point in time.

You can say AA's post is one of the first semi-serious posts in the thread, but the unquestionable attempt at analysis in andy's first post addressing AA is pretty clear that it's not a joke post or anything, but that andy is attempting to say that "AA is scum"

furthermore, his base analysis:

a gross generalization of "wolves will question every read everyone makes", which is completely wrong

"AA would be trying to clear tokzic of suspicion" even after stating that he doesn't believe tokzic is a wolf, which completely nullifies that point

"It feels like a weird post from AA. He could have jumped in on the shit posts, but immediately picked that out." doesn't offer up any concrete reasoning other than a stretch longer than an unskippable final fantasy cutscene regarding what AA decided to address. As a player, wouldn't you gravitate towards posts that are more serious of nature, or those that showcase another player's opinion? shitposts aren't really good for analysis.

i'm noting this for much later in the game, if o24 doesn't die in the night (cause he essentially claimed a pr), but I think he's probably just town.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4491173)
Sorry AA didn't know how busy you were.

-o24

This is a bad reason to back off of pushing someone; wolves can be busy, so can villagers. But wolves are more likely to make excuses about how busy they are than actually posting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4491178)
I don't think andy's scum from this. I'll let you finish your interaction though

oh god, i woulda voted dfr instantly for this post had i been in the game. jfc. But i think it spews andy very town.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokzic (Post 4491440)
Alright AA, I'll make an Actual Post. There's a billion people in this game, so I guess I'll just start going off about whoever stands out:

YoshL is clearly going hard in the paint this game - I like it. His reads are both hot and good, and I find myself agreeing with most of them. I'm hesitant to give him too confident a townread, since YoshL trying hard as either alignment can look similar, but I feel a certain thirst in his scumhunting so far that makes me want to assume he's on my side.

AA said something of note: He questioned why MML was quick to townread me. I found myself nodding to this - I was kind of surprised at how many leans my shitposts resulted in, since I didn't really find them indicative of alignment. Or maybe they were? Is it possible to make towny shitposts? *considers deeply*

Besides YoshL and AA, so far I feel pretty good about Charu, andy, dfr, gold stinger. All giving me that towny vibe. In terms of scummy entrances, I didn't like the first post(s) of Zenith, XelNya, and maybe Freezin? Not sure about Freezin yet.

But my absolute top gutread this game is Storn. My gut is so confident that Storn is a wolf that I'm going to vote for Storn. BOOM. Just like that.

then we get to this post. I don't really have much of an opinion/don't need to really have an opinion on the AA/yoshl stuff cause loltheydead, but the place where he lists off some town reads(bold blue), and it includes dfr (a mafia) and gold stinger (which is weird to me, cause he was saying earlier in the post that he didn't know why he was getting villa reads for shitposting, and then villareads someone for shitposting? kinda contradictory) feels very much NOT TOWNY.

and then he proceeds to call out 3 people (just bold) with no reasoning other than 'eh i didn't like their entrances' (which seems even odder to me, cause xelnya's shitposting was higher quality/townier than goldstinger's imo)

And then we get to where he votes storn (flipped town) for 'gut read'. cool.

so, in summary, he town read a mafia for sketchy reasons, mafia read a confirmed town for sketchy reasons, and had a list of reads where he gave no reasoning or substantiation past 'good entrance' 'bad entrance' and 'gut reads'

10/10 would lynch again.

TWG Mad Dummy 11-15-2016 10:30 AM

summary

scum: juckter, tokzic

very very light town: freeze

light town read: charu

strong town read: andy-o24

TWG Mad Dummy 11-15-2016 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4493636)
you should TOTALLY fucking shitpost with me.

dicks? ;)

Wineandbread 11-15-2016 10:36 AM

btw I replaced juckter

Wineandbread 11-15-2016 10:36 AM

freeze & charu are dead

Wineandbread 11-15-2016 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Post 4493579)
while i understand the curiousity, and it is an interesting role, I don't think it actually has an impact on us/the game anymore because he's already finished.

I don't think there's any info we can garner from it, so it seems kinda fruitless to to delve into it.

I was mostly curious about whether or not he guessed identities, or town/scum alignment. The latter would be useful in interpreting his posts. Now that I think about it though the latter is also too easy to satisfy as a win condition.

Wineandbread 11-15-2016 10:42 AM

I'm also pretty willing to believe Andy's claim now too. However I will be more convinced if/when Shado uses his knife. I'm curious what other items he has, but I don't think it's in his best interest to answer.

Pazzaz had a few looming suspicions, on top of the fact that he basically said he was VT after the swap. Would probably be better for wolves to hit people that they suspected had power roles, which Yoshl ended up having.

Wineandbread 11-15-2016 10:45 AM

Right now I think pressure on precarious/mellon would be best

If they're inactive though then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TWG Mad Dummy 11-15-2016 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wineandbread (Post 4493665)
btw I replaced juckter

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wineandbread (Post 4493666)
freeze & charu are dead

well lolme

tokzic

gold stinger 11-15-2016 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Post 4493664)
dicks? ;)

dicks out for storn