Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149163)

Hakulyte 05-8-2018 11:53 AM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

btw, despite what I think of FFA, I'm tempted to give him a pass for D0 just because he generates so much interactions on his own that it's moving the game forward and that's something town needs right now.

Hakulyte 05-8-2018 11:54 AM

brb another 4-5 hours because lol school.

Hakulyte 05-8-2018 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4619047)
I wanna know this too

I made a post that could be interpreted as a slip, but I don't really consider it a slip.

I assumed this game has no pre game chat after looking quickly at the setup.

#magic tricks revealed

Hakulyte 05-8-2018 11:56 AM

The "OOTC off except for wolfs NIGHT chat" part specifically.

flashflash account 05-8-2018 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619043)
i think i'm coming around to The Slip not actually being one

i wish haku and ffa would keep talking it out though and/or read the end of my post where they appear not to understand each other last night

the problem I have with haku right now is that he's fitting his town meta yet mechanically looks wolfy (those are somewhat the same thing) and his town meta is so well known at this point I'm worried he's faking it

also callout to where he says he wants to "act like this is TvT"

I was thinking about the slip too and I'm actually more inclined to think it's real because of how confident it is, and how confident his followup is

anyway I walked 15 miles, wasted 2 hours of my morning, and spent $5.31 on a computer power cord that we have two of lying around the house that my mom took away for no reason

ama

Zoshi 05-8-2018 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4619047)
I wanna know this too

the slip has been brought up numerous times, did you just miss it in reading, or are you not reading

Zoshi 05-8-2018 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4619053)
the problem I have with haku right now is that he's fitting his town meta yet mechanically looks wolfy (those are somewhat the same thing) and his town meta is so well known at this point I'm worried he's faking it

also callout to where he says he wants to "act like this is TvT"

I was thinking about the slip too and I'm actually more inclined to think it's real because of how confident it is, and how confident his followup is

anyway I walked 15 miles, wasted 2 hours of my morning, and spent $5.31 on a computer power cord that we have two of lying around the house that my mom took away for no reason

ama

is your mom hot

flashflash account 05-8-2018 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoshi (Post 4619055)
is your mom hot

no

ask better questions

also yeah raeko what's up with that are you not reading

Zoshi 05-8-2018 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618999)
Since this is sort of a question you asked: I didn't pick up on the slip right away, I think because by the time I got there I was already thinking about hakus pov from our game together

If I didn't look back at all of hakus posts I might not have read it again, but it was much more obvious the second time (probably as obvious as it ought to be)

Looked back at your posts, and I just feel like the bold here comes across as just over explaining yourself. Like you're worried that somehow looking back on posts makes you look suspicious so there's that tiny bit of panic inside of you so you want your post to look really good and human.

am i close

Zoshi 05-8-2018 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4619056)
no

ask better questions

ok. is she single

DarkManticoreX2 05-8-2018 12:22 PM

Might be a quiet day for me. Work is going kinda crazy.

mellonxcollie 05-8-2018 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoshi (Post 4619054)
the slip has been brought up numerous times, did you just miss it in reading, or are you not reading

er no I did read that I just don't consider that to be a slip I guess. I thought there might have been something else I did miss

mellon_collie 05-8-2018 12:26 PM

also sorry idk why i even logged back in as that account

flashflash account 05-8-2018 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoshi (Post 4619057)
Looked back at your posts, and I just feel like the bold here comes across as just over explaining yourself. Like you're worried that somehow looking back on posts makes you look suspicious so there's that tiny bit of panic inside of you so you want your post to look really good and human.

am i close

no

why would looking back on posts be suspicious?

Ind was wondering why I didn't see the slip the first time (he was concerned about my delayed reaction in that regard (which is understandable, it could look like I subconsciously skimmed past it because I already knew that too)) so I was just saying I probably would have noticed it if I hadn't tunneled on the part where haku was referencing our wolf game together

my response makes much more sense when you consider it a response to just that line imo

Zoshi 05-8-2018 12:39 PM

So these are most of the posts referencing said slip, whether you believe it was a slip or not yourself, I fail to see how you wouldn't understand what the reference was:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4618909)
I'm seeing that because in my previous game with you, we were the wolf team and you were interacting with me a lot early game like that.

It felt like a "hey im here lol" kind of post because wolves don't have a pre game chat or anything.

I could be wrong, but I just don't have a better lead atm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618914)
How do you know wolves don't have a pregame chat?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoshi (Post 4618919)
oh ok well i see the word 'night' is capitalised in op next for 'wolf NIGHT chat'

so i presume wolves dont have day chat. but odd that's something you picked up on and especially as were able to refer to the op about it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4618932)
I look things up when I question myself about if something is in the setup or not.

You can assume I read everything in details. Sometimes, I get the wrong idea, but I think I'll be fine with this setup.

(the 10 S.T.A.R.S Members part tho)

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618933)
Originally I town read you for the reactions

The reactions were general frustration toward being town read

However given your slip and the fact that you've faked frustration before (even in our wolf game together) I'm getting suspicious of you

You say you're in a wolf mindset from being fresh off 4 wolf games but you could also be in a wolf mindset for being a wolf??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4618941)
Looks like you're starting to get more flexible with your view on me.

Hurray for getting what I want. I guess this is the part where I'll wait things out until someone else react.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618950)
It looks like you slipped about wolfchat and are now panicking

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4618951)
Pre game chats usually happen when there's a N0 or some sort of gimmick. This setup is straightforward with already established roles. If there's no mention of pre game chat somewhere next to the first few options, it means they don't have one.

It's just how it's been since forever. I don't see how that's a slip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618953)
Why was this not your explanation the first time around

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618971)
Tried to sleep but my brother did laundry in the slowest and most obnoxious way possible and now am surfing for a few minutes

My thoughts on haku are currently a combination of town reading him from meta and genuine frustration but wolf reading him for a slip that I still consider highly suspect as well as some amount of flailing afterwards. He managed to calm down quickly which I'd imagine is due to getting better as a wolf

Overall I think the actions Trump the meta and I'm still leery of him. I think a vote on him is justified but I'm still mulling over the possibility of town haku here before jumping back on

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4618991)
is that also a saying in french

lol, you say this like you can't contain your excitement

you respond to this post but not the one where he's calling you scummy...?

ffa's reads would bother me more there if they were like, intensely serious, which they don't read like. he gives another one a couple hours later where it's more like he's throwing people into groups, you know

hey it's page 2 and i think haku's town

they can agree on the result but not how they got there. i'd rather she ask haku why, but also...it's haku

i'm pocketing everyone and that's why my previous post bounced off both you and haku at the same time

:blonk:

this seems like not a great basis for a read and ffa continuing to like your line after this post (and then realizing the pregame chat thing after the fact) is weird

curry entrance is not spectacular, half his responses are like after-the-fact shitposting. i think he's played with haku before so his vote there, while having more to say about noc's reads, is confusing

lmao

i totally missed ffa voting roundbox apparently, but now you're pushing on the slip thing on haku?

nvm i like curry's #225

heroes or don't talk to me, but cel's duck-out is a mindmeld across time and space

your following posts make me wish we had a lie detector

@ffa: looks like haku is missing why exactly your read flipped and why thread progression would fit the flip so i think you're just talking past each other and it's making things weird

towns atm
gun (duh)
ind
manti
zoshi
curry?
olimar?
haku?

you appearing to seize late on haku's slip is odd to me, but i might reread it in the morning and see if i still think it's a slip and relocate him accordingly. meta is otherwise telling me he's town

i'm divided on you right now too, i think you're connected to that situation

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4618999)
Since this is sort of a question you asked: I didn't pick up on the slip right away, I think because by the time I got there I was already thinking about hakus pov from our game together

If I didn't look back at all of hakus posts I might not have read it again, but it was much more obvious the second time (probably as obvious as it ought to be)

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4619006)
yeah, the reason i ask about you suddenly picking up on a slip is because your word choice reads like you saw it the first time too

some posts might not directly say 'pre game chat' or 'slip' but that's because they were replying to a quote that did, and are still talking about the same thing, so you should have been able to see the quote they were responding to if you also saw these posts

there's like 13 posts here and I missed out a few. I dont buy you didn't know it because you didn't consider it a slip. maybe asking about it was just your way of wanting to seem interested in topic without paying too much attention

Zoshi 05-8-2018 12:40 PM

also these span from page 9-14

flashflash account 05-8-2018 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curry and Rice (Post 4618922)
Noc just reminded me that the game started, which is good, because I probably wouldn't have checked the site until tomorrow had someone not given me a heads up on Discord.
wait so i guess that means ur a wuff wuff then
Hakylyte
i mean i read the setup but that's only because i'm trying to overcompensate for missing like a whole day of the game
i dun believe you because he technically admitted in broad daylight to being a wolf
all of this is dubious
Doubly dubious, indubitably.
I mean, you would know cause you're partners, right? :morton2:
yey
is polymer
i mean olimar
no ur fake
Also, just so I don't mess things up again and completely miss the phase end, what time does the phase end?

curry's entrance is pretty middling in a vacuum but this is town curry and I'd stake my life on it

I also value my meta read of curry over winning the game so don't bother asking why he's towny

Zoshi 05-8-2018 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4619062)
no

why would looking back on posts be suspicious?

Ind was wondering why I didn't see the slip the first time (he was concerned about my delayed reaction in that regard (which is understandable, it could look like I subconsciously skimmed past it because I already knew that too)) so I was just saying I probably would have noticed it if I hadn't tunneled on the part where haku was referencing our wolf game together

my response makes much more sense when you consider it a response to just that line imo

inD brought you up on that, not me, i just questioned the bold.

though i understand why you would want to add the extra bit on now, as you missed it only due to tunnelling the one thought, though you also didn't mention tunnelling specifically in the post in question.

it makes me uneasy that you are confident i should understand it better now

also why were you looking back on his posts anyway, you didn't reference anything else, where you just looking to see if you could pick up anything on him to make your interaction longer

flashflash account 05-8-2018 12:52 PM

I was probably just looking back because I hadn't read the entirety of what he was saying yet

Zoshi 05-8-2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4619065)
curry's entrance is pretty middling in a vacuum but this is town curry and I'd stake my life on it

I also value my meta read of curry over winning the game so don't bother asking why he's towny

youre dumb to stake your own life on anything

if you wont explain why he's town then explain why you value your meta read so much. and if i look at NSM and see if you've ever been wrong on him i'm voting you