Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=145930)

danceflashrevo 11-8-2016 11:50 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491208)
that's what interractions are for. you push, you get answers, you find some other round asshole to box in and push

i mean if playing like you described has worked for you in the past, who am i to yell about it. i just dont necessarily agree with it and feel like it would lead to several mislynches.

AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 11:50 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4491181)
Hi AJ,

I'm going to assume that this interaction is over? Is that a safe assumption?

Okay the reasons why I think andy's not scum from this. This might just be the DFR in me but I don't think it's fair to automatically go to "that's def choreographed ergo wolf". That's tinfoil? level. Idk if that's the right word for it. And you say that his push was weak and there wasn't anything to go off etc. (might be paraphrasing too hard but ffr is loading slowly and I don't feel like waiting so long for quotes). It's d0. This is the second phase of actual content. There's nothing to go off of in general. At least he's trying to get something to happen. That's fair, no? Also, I'm not quite sure if at this point this interaction is alignment indicative. He's a new player, big bad bun yoshl shows up tryin to collect taxes from middle school boy andy, of course he's gonna be scared, flustered, intimidated, waffling, insert thing here. It's natural af and if you keep yelling at him and he locks up because of it and y'all lynch him. That's poor show. I'd be very disappointed and wouldn't support a lynch based on that reason.

what is this tone...

AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 11:53 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4491145)
Literally my first game ever. Never mafia'd in person, never TWG'd in a thread. I skimmed through a turbo thread on here, and watched a little of The Town (the BTS DotA 2 circle jerk mafia thing), but that's it.


Isn't it generally a wolf strategy to lay low and try to cause chaos by questioning every read anyone makes? And if AA and tokzic are both wolves (I don't think tokzic is at this point, btw) wouldn't it be good for AA to dispel any suspicions early on to protect his furry brethren? It feels like a weird post from AA. He could have jumped in on the shit posts, but immediately picked that out.

-o24

when you say it feels like a weird post from me, there are a few possibilities:

1. you have a meta on me that I normally shitpost a lot (if you do that's a lie because I don't), and therefore me immediately being serious is strange

2. you have a general meta of townspeople shitposting (not true afaik) and me not doing so stands out as scummy

3. other

which is it?

AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 11:54 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
dfr's tone is different from anything I've ever seen

Charu 11-8-2016 11:54 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491202)
this doesn't sound like dfr

Also, agreed, but this is actually where my emotion read would come from.

But I'll share it anyways, here goes!

So dfr is sticking his neck out for the new guy because...? Is the question that I had in my head. Coupled with his eagerness to start defending makes me think, based on the mini outburst, that, indeed, had strong opinions on the new player being pcked on with such scrutiny. Ergo, because he displayed frustration that he's pure and most likely town.

...And that's my emotion read. lol

AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 11:55 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4491185)
I saw that post and immediately voted, cause im sick of people fishing for dumb tells! But reading the context that came afterwards I think I might've read it in the wrong tone. D:

so unvote...? feels like you're overly concerned about the justification for your vote, then you hedge your vote reasoning but don't do anything about it?

AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 11:57 AM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4491186)
Why would the wolves choreograph me calling out AA with a shitty reason anyway? Isn't it in the best interests of the wolves to not even risk losing one of their members this early by, admittedly, poor play? That's a huge gamble I'm not comfortable with accepting as a tactic.

Ah, yes, let's let the new guy make poor arguments and hope someone comes in to save his ass. It's perfect. We only risk culling our numbers, but it'll be worth it for the laughs. Scapegoats are great tactics.

A counter I can think of (careful not to use absolutes) is that the wolves would use me as a bad town ruse so the better towns would just let me twiddle my thumbs and make bad claims while they lynched other more suspect players. But then they rely on a new player in the late game where it is probably harder (I dunno) to secure the victory and that can't be the correct strategy.

And if I were a wolf, and this was our strategy, would I actually admit it openly after drawing so much attention to myself? Seems like I would want to let this slip under the radar if possible.

TL;DR: Talking to myself. This game is hard.

-o24

the majority of this post is wifom which isn't helpful

but it just feels odd to me that you picked out my post in particular when I didn't really have thread presence

AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 12:02 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4491125)
Low content first post.



Immediately questions town read, either because he's a wolf and knows tokzic is also a wolf, or some meta misdirection. AA is scum.

Gonna do poorly on my test, probably, but thought I'd chime in.

-o24 (or should I sign this as my character?????)

also wait how is this even part of your accusation

it was literally the first page of the game, I don't see how that can be part of your accusation unless you're throwing it on there as a way of reinforcing the scum me that you've painted in your mind

AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 12:09 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
hot read: MML is town

Charu 11-8-2016 12:10 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4490863)
oh this started

Oh I don't know, I see a hidden message here.

See... if you move the H to the left... and then make the first word seven letters...

...

omg

Hardest Ho Tits

If this isn't the scummiest thing I've seen in this post then I don't know what is!

Charu 11-8-2016 12:10 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4491226)
hot read: MML is town

Personally, I don't like him freaking out over the smallest things.

That's just me though.

danceflashrevo 11-8-2016 12:12 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4491227)
Oh I don't know, I see a hidden message here.

See... if you move the H to the left... and then make the first word seven letters...

...

omg

Hardest Ho Tits

If this isn't the scummiest thing I've seen in this post then I don't know what is!

omg and ho? tits?? aa's connected to aj...

AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 12:18 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4491228)
Personally, I don't like him freaking out over the smallest things.

That's just me though.

it's heavily meta and based off something I've always seen him do some variation of as town, and never as wolf (although only one wolf game so lol)

YoshL 11-8-2016 12:25 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
sticking his neck out for the new guy is different when theres actual pressure. i was the only one talking to andy, only vote on him early on, out of like 20 players.

Charu 11-8-2016 12:29 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491231)
sticking his neck out for the new guy is different when theres actual pressure. i was the only one talking to andy, only vote on him early on, out of like 20 players.

But, dfr saw it, didn't like what he saw, and decided to "stick his neck out" for andy.

Whatcha tryin' to say with this post, ms. motor-buttsy?

danceflashrevo 11-8-2016 12:33 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Out of like 20 players isn't fair to say when half of them have a single post or not at all. At least that's what it feels like.

FreezinIce 11-8-2016 12:48 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Hot Read: AA is poopy butts :u

Hee hee

YoshL 11-8-2016 12:54 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4491236)
Out of like 20 players isn't fair to say when half of them have a single post or not at all. At least that's what it feels like.

that furthers my point. I'm saying there was little to no real pressure or danger of being lynched, or even any semblance of a bandwagon forming

which makes your current emotional outburst pretty big

danceflashrevo 11-8-2016 01:01 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491242)
which makes your current emotional outburst pretty big

as i said earlier it's a subject that i have strong opinions and beliefs in. personally i don't see why this is big now when i've done so in the past in and out of games.

and i said it's not fair to say out of 20 because i feel like that could be used to credit yourself in someway. even then out of 20 vs out of 10 is a difference of 5% or 10%.

danceflashrevo 11-8-2016 01:03 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491242)
or even any semblance of a bandwagon forming

historically i beg to differ. weaker players and wolves are more likely to jump onto a push made by a stronger player.

YoshL 11-8-2016 01:14 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4491245)
historically i beg to differ. weaker players and wolves are more likely to jump onto a push made by a stronger player.

i'm not talking about history at the moment'

i'm saying literally when you chimed in emotionally about newer players getting lynched and w/e, was there any danger of there being a bandwagon forming on andy
was there any indication that anyone else was agreeing with me
was there any reason to "OH NO ANDY IS GOING TO GET LYNCHED I NEED TO JUMP IN AND SAVE HIM"

the difference between "out of 20" is that you still need a majority of all the players, even those who haven't even posted or done anything for a lynch. Establishing a good baseline reads level for a new player is stupid important because quite a lot of at least FFR twg revolves around player meta, even though it's not the end-all-be-all.

storn42 11-8-2016 01:15 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491242)
that furthers my point. I'm saying there was little to no real pressure or danger of being lynched, or even any semblance of a bandwagon forming

which makes your current emotional outburst pretty big

tbh you were going on andy pretty hard, and if we were sitting here at EoD and nothing happens on D0 he could end up being the lynch based off of your arguments.

YoshL 11-8-2016 01:19 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4491248)
tbh you were going on andy pretty hard, and if we were sitting here at EoD and nothing happens on D0 he could end up being the lynch based off of your arguments.

do you believe after all that has been said in this thread that he's your top scum right now?

danceflashrevo 11-8-2016 01:21 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491247)
i'm saying literally when you chimed in emotionally about newer players getting lynched and w/e, was there any danger of there being a bandwagon forming on andy
was there any indication that anyone else was agreeing with me
was there any reason to "OH NO ANDY IS GOING TO GET LYNCHED I NEED TO JUMP IN AND SAVE HIM"

Yes and no. Yes because traction could have easily accrued, which is why I said the historically mark. And no because there wasn't immediate danger. However, I simply just didn't agree with your push. If I had the intention of saving him, I wouldn't have waited for you and him to finish. I would've jumped straight in and been like "HOLD UP HOLD UP HOLD UP" but I didn't. Likewise I don't think people would let me save people. I'd probably get brushed off as the resident dumbass as I feel happens a bit already. No one was a agreeing with you but I disagreed with you and I felt like I should note that I did at the time and back it up with reasoning.

Quote:

Establishing a good baseline reads level for a new player is stupid important because quite a lot of at least FFR twg revolves around player meta, even though it's not the end-all-be-all.
I understand what you're saying here, but I feel like you're trying to establish a meta for him. Let him develop his own meta and play the way that he learns how to play. Probing a newer player, sure. Asking his or her input, sure. Putting them in an uncomfortable situation intentionally to where a lot of people regardless of alignment crumble, bad, because it happens a lot regardless of alignment.

_Zenith_ 11-8-2016 01:25 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491166)
Zenith, what do you mean by "inquisitive and intentions are very pure", since as i stated above, i didn't actually question anything, it was almost purely analysis that i did on andy

Oops, I merely skimmed what you and andy were talking about at the start of the conversing between you both.

Regardless, I still feel good about you right now, and apply the "intentions are pure" towards your analysis then because I'm not getting bad feelings about it in general.

storn42 11-8-2016 01:26 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491250)
do you believe after all that has been said in this thread that he's your top scum right now?

no, but thats like showing me a picture of 100 ducks and instantly asking me to choose my favorite.

YoshL 11-8-2016 01:29 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
you're seriously blowing a single early d0 push out of fucking proportion currently.

if you're going to continue to bring up history, you should also check my history of d0 instigation.

and quite honestly, i don't really care about "new person is new so should feel bad lynching him early because easy target" because that's seriously just an excuse to stop playing the game properly.

If he's unable to string together a coherent argument off of a very strange initial push onto AA, then I'm going to point that shit out, because it's weird. When he's unable to coherently elaborate on his argument, and then resorts to "oh ok pick on the new guy ok that's fine you'll just thin the numbers" then I can also point that out and be dissatisfied with the response.

===

essentially, you disagreed with a push, and resorted to extreme emotion to convey it, in the form of a very awkward post.

The magnitude of the cause and magnitude of the reaction are severely unbalanced, and you look really fucking weird doing it, regardless of any prior reason, or history, or whatever.

YoshL 11-8-2016 01:33 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4491253)
no, but thats like showing me a picture of 100 ducks and instantly asking me to choose my favorite.

analogy does not work in the slightest.

if he's not your top scum, then who is

storn42 11-8-2016 01:42 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491256)
analogy does not work in the slightest.

if he's not your top scum, then who is

dbp. because thats the quality of read i can give right now. and yes the analogy does work.

YoshL 11-8-2016 02:04 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
if you modified it a little to be something like:

i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker" then the analogy would be valid, and even then, you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus.

i do analogies. don't tell me an analogy works when it doesn't.

danceflashrevo 11-8-2016 02:15 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491255)
you're seriously blowing a single early d0 push out of fucking proportion currently.

Considering you voted me after I showed reasoning for my discontent I don't think so.

Quote:

and quite honestly, i don't really care about "new person is new so should feel bad lynching him early because easy target" because that's seriously just an excuse to stop playing the game properly.
I know you out of anyone don't care and I don't expect you to.

Quote:

If he's unable to string together a coherent argument off of a very strange initial push onto AA, then I'm going to point that shit out, because it's weird. When he's unable to coherently elaborate on his argument, and then resorts to "oh ok pick on the new guy ok that's fine you'll just thin the numbers" then I can also point that out and be dissatisfied with the response.
When there's nothing to go off of, couldn't anything be perceived as strange or forced, etc. At least he did something. He got the ball rolling, no? And to that oh ok pick on the new guy. What do you expect him to say or do? I'm genuinely curious.

Quote:

essentially, you disagreed with a push, and resorted to extreme emotion to convey it, in the form of a very awkward post.

The magnitude of the cause and magnitude of the reaction are severely unbalanced, and you look really fucking weird doing it, regardless of any prior reason, or history, or whatever.
Fair enough I suppose, however don't you dare say I resorted. Resorted implies that it was a last ditch effort, some sort of poor effort, and even worse, a negative one. Especially resorting to extreme emotion, because I'm not attempting to use emotions and sob stories to change your mind, but I am trying to express opinions that I have over a subject that I care about.

danceflashrevo 11-8-2016 02:16 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491260)
i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker" then the analogy would be valid, and even then, you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus.

i giggled like a japanese school girl

R.E. Aryxi 11-8-2016 02:21 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491260)
if you modified it a little to be something like:

i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker" then the analogy would be valid, and even then, you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus.

i do analogies. don't tell me an analogy works when it doesn't.

kek

Charu 11-8-2016 02:26 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
This just in, players don't like the way YoshL goes about the game!!!

YoshL 11-8-2016 02:26 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4491263)
Considering you voted me after I showed reasoning for my discontent I don't think so.

reasoning makes 0 sense. I'm saying you overreacted to a push onto andy, and i'm not seeing any true justification for the magnitude of response for the magnitude of the original push.


Quote:

When there's nothing to go off of, couldn't anything be perceived as strange or forced, etc. At least he did something. He got the ball rolling, no? And to that oh ok pick on the new guy. What do you expect him to say or do? I'm genuinely curious.
are you ignoring everything i said? When a player, new or not, takes the guy with 2 posts and says "this guy is scum" completely seriously, that's reason to push. doing "something" does not mean a player is giving a very strange read, that becomes quite obvious that they're not able to elaborate on. I expected him to either, A) have actual reasons that he could easily elaborate on to dispell any issues, or B) not have actual reasons, whereupon he did eventually re-examine his read on AA and retract it. I decided to continue to talk because it's nice having a solid base of interactions.


Quote:

Fair enough I suppose, however don't you dare say I resorted. Resorted implies that it was a last ditch effort, some sort of poor effort, and even worse, a negative one. Especially resorting to extreme emotion, because I'm not attempting to use emotions and sob stories to change your mind, but I am trying to express opinions that I have over a subject that I care about.
You're now trying to place a negative connotation on "resort" that was never intended in the first place. It's what you did. you resorted to emotionally bursting out, instead of whatever else you could have possibly done in that situation.

Charu 11-8-2016 02:27 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Honestly I dig YoshL super aggro approach. It's not too blunt, but it has that level of being under the magnifying glass that makes me shiver in joy.

Oooooh...

YoshL 11-8-2016 02:27 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
hakulyte

back to placeholder

YoshL 11-8-2016 02:27 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
hakulyte

back to placeholder

Charu 11-8-2016 02:31 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491269)
You're now trying to place a negative connotation on "resort" that was never intended in the first place. It's what you did. you resorted to emotionally bursting out, instead of whatever else you could have possibly done in that situation.

Next question would then be, is a completely new emotional outburst post-y response from dfr that has not been done much and comes after seeing you vs andy as being faked?

Because if so, then that's why I say I'm trying not to emotion read this game, hee hee hee.

AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 02:34 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
yoshl is probably town lol

exam in 25 minutes yay

danceflashrevo 11-8-2016 02:41 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491269)
You're now trying to place a negative connotation on "resort" that was never intended in the first place. It's what you did. you resorted to emotionally bursting out, instead of whatever else you could have possibly done in that situation.

i believe we have slightly different definitions of the word resort.

storn42 11-8-2016 02:48 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4491278)
i believe we have slightly different definitions of the word resort.

resort
/rəˈzrt/
noun
noun: resort; plural noun: resorts

1.
a place that is a popular destination for vacations or recreation, or which is frequented for a particular purpose.
"a seaside resort"
synonyms: vacation spot, tourist center, vacationland; retreat;
spa;
onsen;
informaltourist trap
"a seaside resort"

danceflashrevo 11-8-2016 02:49 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
me2thx

XelNya 11-8-2016 02:49 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4491278)
i believe we have slightly different definitions of the word resort.

Today, fly your hunger into Arbys for meal deals so hot they could melt steel beams.
Enjoy Arbys.

danceflashrevo 11-8-2016 02:50 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4491283)
Today, fly your hunger into Arbys for meal deals so hot they could melt steel beams.
Enjoy Arbys.

if i didn't have a cuban for lunch i would totally.

YoshL 11-8-2016 02:50 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4491273)
Next question would then be, is a completely new emotional outburst post-y response from dfr that has not been done much and comes after seeing you vs andy as being faked?

Because if so, then that's why I say I'm trying not to emotion read this game, hee hee hee.

if it was being faked, then it was very unnecessary if scum, as it draws a disgusting amount of unneeded attention over

charu's town

aa's reading me town, so he's probably scum

re.axri probably scum

zenith leaning town

mml's shit

storn town

this has been hot reads with yoshl

good hot signing off

YoshL 11-8-2016 02:51 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
xel actually probably also also also also also scum, giving off some pikachu vibes

storn42 11-8-2016 02:59 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491286)
xel actually probably also also also also also scum, giving off some pikachu vibes

pikachu vibes?

danceflashrevo 11-8-2016 03:02 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4491288)
pikachu vibes?

reference to the twg smash anon game

xel was pikachu. he literally only said pika pika pika, chu, pika pi, chu pikachu! (etc.)

he ended up being the godfather.

XelNya 11-8-2016 03:10 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4491290)
reference to the twg smash anon game

xel was pikachu. he literally only said pika pika pika, chu, pika pi, chu pikachu! (etc.)

he ended up being the godfather.

Hey I guess it's time to point out that the pregame kinda hinted what was in store.

But you probably skipped it for blow in the bathroom again.
arbys

XelNya 11-8-2016 03:11 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Arbys: come for the sandwiches. Stay because you died shooting heroin into your dick in the ladies room.
Enjoy Arbys

danceflashrevo 11-8-2016 03:12 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
I mean I absolutely enjoy all of these but you know, when the train starts rollin, hopefully arby's has insight on who's who ;)

AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 03:53 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by storn42 (Post 4491248)
tbh you were going on andy pretty hard, and if we were sitting here at EoD and nothing happens on D0 he could end up being the lynch based off of your arguments.

so do you think andy is more scummy or not after this whole interaction?

andy-o24 11-8-2016 04:04 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
"oh ok pick on the new guy ok that's fine you'll just thin the numbers"
Was this my tone? Because that wasn't supposed to be my tone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4491219)
when you say it feels like a weird post from me, there are a few possibilities:

1. you have a meta on me that I normally shitpost a lot (if you do that's a lie because I don't), and therefore me immediately being serious is strange

2. you have a general meta of townspeople shitposting (not true afaik) and me not doing so stands out as scummy

3. other

which is it?

I have no metas. Just gut feeling it was weird. So I guess 3. other. Feelings aren't good in this game, I'm learning.

-o24

danceflashrevo 11-8-2016 04:14 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
That's not true Andy. People gut read all the time.

storn42 11-8-2016 04:33 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4491325)
That's not true Andy. People gut read all the time.

its true. for example my gut says im hungry

gold stinger 11-8-2016 04:33 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
the dick did i miss fam

gold stinger 11-8-2016 04:35 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Would just like to say @Xelnya:

never once in my entire life have I said 'oh you know where I feel like eating out today? Arby's.'

Harvey's 4 life

TWG Ike 11-8-2016 04:40 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
storn (1)- storn
mml (2)- shado, MML
charu (2)- juckter, gold stinger
dfr (2)- xel, yoshl
tokzic (1)- roundbox
andy (1)- freezin

please lmk if I fucked anything up in the votecount

Charu 11-8-2016 04:49 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
I have a vote on MML

gold stinger 11-8-2016 04:56 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4491107)
Listen to Coldplay.

dickturd numero deux

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4491162)
My first game related post: I like YoshL being inquisitive here and the intention is very pure.

dude, no. I don't like what you did there. Makes me think that you're going to take his dick to dinner and also drive it home and give it a massage in the same night, regardless of whatever he says. At least quote some stuff that ya like so I don't think you're glorifying everything he's said on andy/dfr.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4491170)
So if it's off it's allowed and if it's on, it's not? I assumed I knew what that rule meant, lol. Either way, me not knowing the rule should in some way indicate I haven't been using it, and thus my posts aren't choreographed.
I'm not going to sit here and claim inexperience or ignorance as an excuse to make low-content/no-content posts. I have a bad feeling about that AA post, and even if he comes here and rides your dick for defending him, I'm probably still going to have that feeling. But we'll have to see.


Okay, so I generalized a tactic. Good to know I was wrong. I still believe that would cause chaos or at least prevent bandwagoning.

As I began to refute your further points, I realized my original accusation no longer makes sense to me. MML has a town read on tokzic, which AA questioned. But if AA and tokzic are both wolves, then AA should support a town read on his fellow wolf, not question it. I don't think that clears AA for me yet, but I feel less strongly on him being a wolf. tokzic is in question too, but not scum.


I can promise you this is not the case. I've never talked to tokzic before. I don't know if he's town or not, but MML seems like a smart duder.

Anyway, YoshL, I don't think you'd be this aggressive if you weren't town, so that's my read on you.

-o24

Town leaning andy for right now. It reminds me of my reasoning during the first game I ever played. I didn't talk much during my first game because I was a wolf, but I feel like this is what I would be pooping out if I rolled town that game.

While I do somewhat like the kind of push & nailing on the head that YoshL is doing, I genuinely think that andy is putting out a noob game, without much thought on the posts besides expressing that he just didn't know some certain things about the game until it started and people acted differently about it.

There's a first for everyone, this ma first Mystery game and here I am thinking that everyone was going to have the common decency to dress up. smh

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491202)
this doesn't sound like dfr

what do dfr sound like? :^)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4491219)
when you say it feels like a weird post from me, there are a few possibilities:

1. you have a meta on me that I normally shitpost a lot (if you do that's a lie because I don't), and therefore me immediately being serious is strange

2. you have a general meta of townspeople shitposting (not true afaik) and me not doing so stands out as scummy

3. other

which is it?

I have a meta on you that tells me you get tilted af very easily lmao

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4491221)
Also, agreed,

So dfr is sticking his neck out for the new guy because...? Is the question that I had in my head. Coupled with his eagerness to start defending makes me think, based on the mini outburst, that, indeed, had strong opinions on the new player being pcked on with such scrutiny. Ergo, because he displayed frustration that he's pure and most likely town.

...And that's my emotion read. lol

ooooh so dat wat dfr sound like. hmm ok..-ish.
Wonder if YoshL's opinion/thought is any different.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4491225)
also wait how is this even part of your accusation

it was literally the first page of the game, I don't see how that can be part of your accusation unless you're throwing it on there as a way of reinforcing the scum me that you've painted in your mind

that face when 'literally the first page of the game' relates so much with what I did regarding the last game I played where I was wolf. You know, that one where ya got tilted as fuc as bad town read d0?

Quote:

Originally Posted by danceflashrevo (Post 4491244)
as i said earlier it's a subject that i have strong opinions and beliefs in. personally i don't see why this is big now when i've done so in the past in and out of games.

and i said it's not fair to say out of 20 because i feel like that could be used to credit yourself in someway. even then out of 20 vs out of 10 is a difference of 5% or 10%.

I like this post, not like, w e w l a d amounts, but like, amounts.

andy-o24 11-8-2016 04:57 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491208)
that's what interractions are for. you push, you get answers, you find some other round asshole to box in and push

roundbox call out?

-o24

gold stinger 11-8-2016 05:02 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4491268)
This just in, players don't like the way YoshL goes about the game!!!

ayy

Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4491274)
yoshl is probably town lol

exam in 25 minutes yay

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4491162)
My first game related post: I like YoshL being inquisitive here and the intention is very pure.


AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 05:11 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4491341)
I have a meta on you that tells me you get tilted af very easily lmao

we'll see if that meta still holds true

gold stinger 11-8-2016 05:15 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AragakiAyase (Post 4491347)
we'll see if that meta still holds true

dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks

AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 05:28 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
storn for doing a fantastic job of ignoring my question and dipping his feet into the andy/yoshl interaction without actually doing anything

MixMasterLar 11-8-2016 05:30 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
On phone, still need to read last 2 pages. Lets get some thoughts out.


Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 4491145)
Literally my first game ever. Never mafia'd in person, never TWG'd in a thread. I skimmed through a turbo thread on here, and watched a little of The Town (the BTS DotA 2 circle jerk mafia thing), but that's it.


Isn't it generally a wolf strategy to lay low and try to cause chaos by questioning every read anyone makes? And if AA and tokzic are both wolves (I don't think tokzic is at this point, btw) wouldn't it be good for AA to dispel any suspicions early on to protect his furry brethren? It feels like a weird post from AA. He could have jumped in on the shit posts, but immediately picked that out.

-o24

See I know everyone gives shit to Andy for this but I'm 100% no wolf partner he could possibly have would tell him to take that stance.

Even by himself, I dont know if Wolf Andy would be the one to try and rock the boat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4491162)
My first game related post: I like YoshL being inquisitive here and the intention is very pure.

I don't know if I agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491182)
dfr

cya later

This vote has no reason to exist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491198)
dfr feels super awkward right now, and i'm kinda surprised that he's not familiar with the standard yoshl fare, grill the new guy so it's easier to read them

especially doing something like asking "ok is this interaction over?" feels like he's overly cognizant of his position in this game, which feels much more scummy than not

He's taken that stance as town before.

And I guess I'm not familiar with standard YoshL fare then cause you aggressive as fuck right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491202)
also i have to disagree with you freezinice.

in a mystery game where there are people who are on the lookout for specific names of roles (guessing from the setup), wolves and other factions have quite a lot to gain most likely from being able to choreograph your moves - also speaking from experience, i think that wolves do set up things like that, and especially with a newer player, it becomes easier since their meta is wholly unknown. i.e. andy seems like the player to make just unemotional and flat statements for the most part (at least, as best as i can describe what i'm seeing from him)


this doesn't sound like dfr

Wait

People having abilities based on their character? Ok maybe. Like as far as I can tell that's not really the case but NEEDING TO KNOW SOMEONE ELSES? That's hella specific yo

How about you explain why you came to that conclusion YoshL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4491209)
Also, I would emotion read dfr right here, but this game, gonna try not to do that.

I mean

I aint clearing anyone d0 but
I'm ok emotionally reading him town.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491242)
that furthers my point. I'm saying there was little to no real pressure or danger of being lynched, or even any semblance of a bandwagon forming

which makes your current emotional outburst pretty big

It happened just this turbo. And he always takes that stance anyway.
There is nothing to see with DFR atm

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491247)
i'm not talking about history at the moment'

i'm saying literally when you chimed in emotionally about newer players getting lynched and w/e, was there any danger of there being a bandwagon forming on andy
was there any indication that anyone else was agreeing with me
was there any reason to "OH NO ANDY IS GOING TO GET LYNCHED I NEED TO JUMP IN AND SAVE HIM"

the difference between "out of 20" is that you still need a majority of all the players, even those who haven't even posted or done anything for a lynch. Establishing a good baseline reads level for a new player is stupid important because quite a lot of at least FFR twg revolves around player meta, even though it's not the end-all-be-all.

Don't handwave the history point its valid. You're trying awfully hard here.



Gonna eat KFC and casually read thread. YoshL please get back at me

AragakiAyase 11-8-2016 05:37 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
MML:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Ike (Post 4490564)

I would be very careful about revealing which specific character you have randed. It might not be in your best interest to do so.

perhaps this is where yoshl's "guessing from the setup" comes from

just maybe

ShadoWolfe 11-8-2016 05:38 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Just getting home, I should have a couple hours or so that I can dump into this. Haven't really been feeling game, but looks like it's starting to get interesting so we'll see.

Brb reading

YoshL 11-8-2016 05:39 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
this just in

mml has the reading comprehensiom of a 2 year old and cant read massive text in the op

YoshL 11-8-2016 05:40 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
ninjaed as fuc lol

YoshL 11-8-2016 05:46 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
took a nap after coming home from work, good to know that MML's intelligence and lack of comprehension still fails to span the width of his eyes to computer screen

Charu 11-8-2016 05:53 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Daaaaaaaamn

Charu 11-8-2016 05:53 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
That fucking burn bro

Charu 11-8-2016 05:54 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4491357)
Just getting home, I should have a couple hours or so that I can dump into this. Haven't really been feeling game, but looks like it's starting to get interesting so we'll see.

Brb reading

Feel the game with me.

Charu 11-8-2016 05:55 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
It's a warm cuddly feeling.

Charu 11-8-2016 05:55 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
The type of feeling that makes your hairs stand up in absolute terror!

XelNya 11-8-2016 06:01 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4491365)
It's a warm cuddly feeling.

The only feeling required is the cold embrace of despair.
Arbys.

ShadoWolfe 11-8-2016 06:30 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
Oh my god, that was a lot to take in.

I'm not familiar enough with YoshL's meta to base a read on his push just yet, because it seems that anyone above a certain skill level could certainly make a push like that as either town or scum. I think andy is probably town (his tone seems really relatable to my first time here in BOATS), but it's way too early for me to tell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4491202)
this doesn't sound like dfr

Yes, it does sound entirely like DFR. DFR has, in almost every game with a new player, made at least a small reference to how much he hates that we insist on leaving new players on the table D0. He's commented on it D0 when there was only one vote on Aryxi, he commented on it in the game with Pazzaz, he's made repeated mentions of it in various turbos with me, and it just generally seems to be a big issue for him. I say this because I was actually thinking "oh, here DFR goes again" when I read his post, only to see you in the next post claim it didn't sound like him.

With that said, I think DFR should be less concerned for new players. There's literally a content advisory in the rules thread, and they know what they're signing up for. When a game is rolled, RNG doesn't care who's new and who isn't in determining scum, and neither should you.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4491364)
Feel the game with me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4491365)
It's a warm cuddly feeling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4491366)
The type of feeling that makes your hairs stand up in absolute terror!

Lol this^

Also, can anyone more familiar with him confirm the "aggressive on new players to better get a read on them" aspect of YoshL's meta for me, please?

YoshL 11-8-2016 06:35 PM

Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Game Thread
 
honestly, from where i've ducked into recent twgs, i've never been at the point where dfr has ever outbursted emotionally like that about lynching new players. That's my pov, if he's actually like that (which looks like there's a good set of people who are affirrming that) then that's fine. Alot of my reasoning still stands though, since I still don't believe anything warranted the section where he got as upset as he did.

and at the same time, if a player poorly defends themself D0 and ends up lynched, it doesn't matter if they're new or not. I've forever been an advocate of newb card not fucking mattering at all during games tbh


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution