Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   [Concluded] FFR Unofficial Tournament 2018 Feat. RamenBox [Get2.5thPlace pastebin.com/tvm28W8b (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150205)

Antori 11-24-2018 03:53 PM

Re: FFR Unofficial Tournament 2018 (Working Title) (Working Title)

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 4657894)
I can confirm that FFR Events will be involved and there's a good chance that'll involve tokens as well ;) We're waiting for registrations to settle a bit before determining token prizes though.

Elmerz 11-24-2018 03:57 PM

I can read, just making sure he got them since I've been given no confirmation that they've been received.

basketbalboy333 11-24-2018 07:34 PM

Im in.

Elah 11-24-2018 08:42 PM

i'm in

Xeromus 11-24-2018 09:01 PM

count me in

One Winged Angel 11-24-2018 09:38 PM

I'm not sure if I'll play but I'll say in so I'll have the option to at least

reuben_tate 11-24-2018 11:33 PM

Update:
-Donations are updated at this time in the OP! My apologies for not updating them sooner. At this point, we are up to almost 1.75 million credits, $80 in Steam gift cards, 14 boxes of ramen (and we'll be looking into getting some tokens soon as well!)

-I'm combing through the thread to address any concerns and to respond to things that were in the thread that I haven't gotten to. I'll be doing this one page at a time (using the standard 20 posts per page).

Page 1:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sky Kitten (Post 4657276)
Approved!

Thanks! (^)>
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftyRighty (Post 4657277)
I SHALL DONATE TO THE PRIZE POT

...right after i finish this essay. really excited for this! :D

also, how generous of Rapta to donate steam cards! wow!

edit: in!

Got your donation! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4657279)
in

also yeah rapta that was really cool of you

I agree, rapta's definitely been helping out (in more ways than one) for this tournament; I'm glad his efforts are being noticed :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostieGoBoo (Post 4657284)
rapta what a legend.

im sure this will be a fun tourney, glhf y'all :D

I will do my best to make it fun! I think Undici for every round for every division should be fine right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kdog436089 (Post 4657286)
In :)

Thanks Rapta and Reuben!

No problem!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 4657287)
Is there a mobile ffr game yet so I can play

No, but if a mobile ffr game is made, I can assure you mobile ffr scores will be accepted as well :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychotik (Post 4657288)
Woohoo first tourney as Master. I'll enjoy losing badly.

I feel like a lot of people are rusty as well, so you might do better than you think!
Quote:

Originally Posted by qrrbrbirbel (Post 4657289)
We can both compete to see who the worst Master is :p

I'll be ghosting my own tournament, so I can assure you I will do the worst~

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoobin4 (Post 4657291)
IN. Also thanks rueben for another awesome tourney and thanks for the big donations rapta

It's a pleasure! Hosting these has always been kinda fun :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by -paexaea- (Post 4657298)
I'm in. Hopefully I can actually finish the tournament this time around.

No worries, I know I had that problem myself sometimes when I would participate in a tourney. Hopefully the tourney prizes are somewhat of a motivator :P Also, if all else fails, I would recommend trying to at least submit a "placeholder" score in the beginning of every round so that way you don't fall too far behind and so that you can at least get some participation prizes at the end :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostieGoBoo (Post 4657299)
boxes of ramen? oh man, now my goal is 3rd place...

Make that 3rd or 2nd place now ;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dashoe93 (Post 4657300)
I would like to join in D4 please thanks. The D5 rank thing is a fluke and I'm not that good anymore.

I've made a note in the spreadsheet. Given your scores, I think I'll take the request into consideration.

reuben_tate 11-24-2018 11:51 PM

Page 2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx (Post 4657302)
Doesn't seem like a fluke to me. You're a good 6 levels above D4, have an 80 score and a total of 8 scores above D4.

It seems that DaShoe is stupidly good at jacks (relative to the rest of his skill set). His jacking ability is definitely D5 material it seems but everything else seems to be high-D4 at best. However, it might be the case that the way the leaderboards work and the division lines that I have in my head don't coincide perfectly.
Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4657303)
Yes, this will do.

-w-
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4657304)
Can I play
I would very much like a chance to score that ramen

Sure thing! Gotta get ramen one way or another, amirite?
Quote:

Originally Posted by emanfrazier (Post 4657305)
Please include me within this tournament <3

you got it~
Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4657306)
oh boy oh boy oh boy

OwO
Quote:

Originally Posted by _Fluttershy_ (Post 4657307)
IN!!! Donated 50k credits!!

got it! :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dashoe93 (Post 4657318)
I've gotten like 30 goods on a song I've gotten 2 goods on. I can't even keep up with my past self. And I still think AIM and Powerpoints have way too high of difficulties lmao. Can't come close to some songs 10 levels lower.

I'll be last in D5 but let see what happens.

One thing I will say it that for almost all circumstances, your placement will be determined by your "peak" skill and not current skill. The main reason for this is that people tend to regain their skill a lot more quickly than they believe they will sometimes. So it's not fair for me to place people in lower divisions only for them to regain their skill in a week or two's time and then obliterate everyone in their division.
Quote:

Originally Posted by FirstMaple8 (Post 4657324)
in (50x)

I put you in one time, I hope that's enough :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walrusizer (Post 4657325)
stick my fat ass on that participant list

I put the entirety of you on the participant list, I hope that's ok
Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4657333)
Skill drops arent accounted for because you gain your skill back extremely fast. I stopped playing for like 3 years and im already pretty much on par with being mid D6 again. It literally takes like a week to derust.

Edit: And when i came back i literally was like D2 at first, couldnt hit shit.

Great example :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by qrrbrbirbel (Post 4657335)
Took me 2 months to get back to where I'm at now (and I still can't fc most master songs)

I just want an excuse to play more ffr tho hahaha

It seems every tournament over the past however many years is a "the tournament where half of the participants are trying to derust". Don't worry, I think a lot of us have been there.
Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4657336)
I would like to participate.

I would like you to participate ;)

reuben_tate 11-25-2018 12:03 AM

Page 3:

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7694 (Post 4657339)
in for funsies

:3c
Quote:

Originally Posted by dashoe93 (Post 4657341)
I guess it's true, but I'll have to play a lot in the meantime to see how much better I can get. I'm way more rusty than the last time I was rusty lmao. And it's also FFR and not Stepman. FFR goofs me up. I remember I started playing for the first time weeks ago and my eyes started hurting from looking at it, and I don't think that's ever happened to me before. Stepmania doesn't burn my eyes as bad. I'm still bad regardless and need some practice. And eye drops.

Not sure if I can help much, but you can always try playing around with the visual settings in FFR (noteskin, spacing, window size, etc). I tend to have the opposite problem where I still can't play SM for the life of me.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elena- (Post 4657345)
You said it takes a literal week to derust, I'm saying it doesn't take a week to play 2 songs

Unless someone steps 2 files whose total length is a week. Please don't make this happen, FFR
Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4657354)
Excited to see some never before forum posters in here! Should be fun :)

Yeah, and it seems a lot of people are peeps who've had accounts for awhile but haven't had the chance to get involved in the community yet. I'm glad to have everyone on board :) Also, we also have Rapta to thank...I know he's been doing a bunch of word in regards to trying to get the word out on this tournament :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJayEagle (Post 4657359)
In!

Rapta recommended this to me, and I thought it'd be fun to enter. I am D1 I do believe.

Damn right it'll be fun! And yup, D1 is just right :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheToaphster (Post 4657360)
Yo. I'm in. Gotta spice up D7 some more because Brendon asked me to

Spicy~
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bamalama (Post 4657362)
In!

probably D1 but it should be fun.

Yup, you'd be right!
Quote:

Originally Posted by 123kappa3 (Post 4657363)
In. Hope i dont get last place.

I don't want to jinx anything, but usually there are at least a few people in each division that end up not submitting. So as long as you participate, you're almost guaranteed not to get last!
Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 4657364)
You know the sudden interest from people who don't post in the forums usually is because of the boxes of ramen.

It's the closest thing to a trophy :P (I don't know how long such a trophy would last though...)

reuben_tate 11-25-2018 12:20 AM

Page 4:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapta (Post 4657374)
The d7 roster is STACKED.

Yup, currently 14 people so far! :o
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftyRighty (Post 4657387)
throws in the ffr equivalent of like 2 dollars into the prize pot

Got it!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew WCY (Post 4657392)
I'm in.

Donation:

Delicious donation~
Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX (Post 4657400)
I guess Id like to join, even though I essentially havent played seriously in a good few years. Ill try to play a bunch the next couple days to see where I am skill wise ;3;

Good luck! I know a lot of people are gonna be derusting so at least you're not alone in that regard :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by -paexaea- (Post 4657404)
yaaaa YEET

also yeah, im probably gonna blow ass since im working all the time. we ll see if i can pump out some good scores or break some records.

I feel ya. I can provide extensions if needed (as long as they are in advance). I know the first few rounds will coincide with some people's finals so I might make some general extensions as well for that. I put more info regarding that in the OP.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeShinoda12345 (Post 4657411)
Woah, how does the ramen shipping work
I'd join if I weren't so busy :(((((

qrrbrbirbel, the person donating the ramen, made a post about this (post #75). Essentially, he'll get into contact with you to get your shipping details and will take into account the shipping fees as well.
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4657410)
At least for me it's the only prize I can make use of and is also delicious

I imagine Steam gift cards aren't too delicious.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elite Ninja (Post 4657412)
I wonder if I should join even though I haven't played a rhythm game in years and am nowhere near capable of what I used to be able to pull off. Interesting to see a lot of familiar faces still here on FFR o:

I know you made a post after this, but I can put you in as ghosting a division (i.e. you'd only be eligible for participation prizes). Just let me know which division you'd like to ghost.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elena- (Post 4657427)
that was fast

ikr? :o
Quote:

Originally Posted by EppuJoloZ (Post 4657432)
I think I'm gonna join too, wanna try it for the first time ;p

Good luck! Hope you enjoy your first tourney!
Quote:

Originally Posted by stepmaniasamurai (Post 4657436)
I want in on the 4 key smashing convention

That's one way to put it 🤔

reuben_tate 11-25-2018 12:36 AM

Page 5:

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatWhat123 (Post 4657443)
yo holy shit

100% in even tho i said so before in the last thread but sTILL

ikr? Seems like everybody is going for the ramen this tournament!

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx (Post 4657444)
Many first posters who joined in Nov 2018...

Alts or legit newbies ?

*thinks*

Edit: that's why you require people to have been on the site for x months and played y games before joining a tourney xd

Of the people currently on the participant list, there were only two whose account length was questionable. I'll be doing what I can and working with staff to sniff out potential alts.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rukairi (Post 4657447)
ayy sign me up pliss

you got i!
Quote:

Originally Posted by SK8R43 (Post 4657454)
Yeah.....but theres a difference between non forum users that have been on the site for years and players who JUST joined this month. Not saying they are all alts, but i wouldn t be surprised if some were to sandbag. XD

Like I said earlier, although many people have joined that have very low post counts, some of the account lengths are rather significant (with the exception of just 2 accounts being questionably short).
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 (Post 4657455)
Different for everybody, it takes me like 3 months to get back in it because my speed and stamina have always been awful.

Go ahead and count me in if I get around to posting a score I guess.

You got it! I hope you can derust quick!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmerz (Post 4657457)
I fluke 3g'd ripcord can I be d5 still? Lel

Can't tell if serious, but I'll look into it (I made a note on the spreadsheet).
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antori (Post 4657463)
maby have a criteria for 1000-500 games played in ffr for someone to join the tournament and check the top players of the tourney if they have 500-1000 plays on excited bike

I put up some requirements in the OP recently. The requirements are looser than what you've suggested, but it's something. I don't want to discourage new users too much from participating by asking them to play 5000 games all at once.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmerz (Post 4657467)
There's going to be tons of sandbagging, just don't ignore it like the admins do during officials. Ez.

I'll try to do my best to address it.

reuben_tate 11-25-2018 12:48 AM

Page 6:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4657479)
If participants are still being accepted I would like to join. :P

Sure thing! People can register up until the end of round 1.
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftyRighty (Post 4657484)
the amount of participation for this tourney is exciting :D

ikr? :o It seems like we're on track to have over 100 participants
Quote:

Originally Posted by AMD (Post 4657489)
This is simply a post in the thread that I would like to participate.

This is simply a post in a thread acknowledging your post in the thread that you would like to participate.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4657491)
So what if someone were to hypothetically ascend to a new division in the middle of the tournament? I doubt this can happen easily but since I'm pretty sure I'm almost at the end of my division if I were to go into the next division would I still play in my current one or accept songs from the next one?

For the most part, you will continue to play songs in your originally assigned division. There are some exceptions, for example, if we suspect someone of intentionally sandbagging (i.e. hiding their "true" skill so as to be placed in a lower division than they ought to be in). Also, I might alter division placements from now until the start of the tournament. At worst, barring any exceptional circumstances, divisions will definitely be finalized by the end of round 1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by _DJ Vinyl_ (Post 4657496)
I'm In, Need practice again it's been awhile

No problem, join the derusting club!
Quote:

Originally Posted by dashoe93 (Post 4657542)
I remember one tournament I couldn't beat the person in D3 when I was near the top D4 lmao

It seems that tournaments is where a lot of people push themselves and stuff, allowing them to get a skillboost. A six week tournament such as this one is a long time for someone to improve if they play regularly throughout.
Quote:

Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx (Post 4657544)
Bruh can you just enjoy the tourney lmao.

Be glad you dont compete against etienne...

That is the one thing I do like about FFR tournaments. The several divisions (7 in this case) allow tournaments to be accessible to a wider range of the community.

reuben_tate 11-25-2018 01:04 AM

Update:
Participant List updated to here (let me know if I accidentally skipped over you!)

EDIT: I forgot to update the amount of participants. We're up to 116 folks! :o

reuben_tate 11-25-2018 01:17 AM

Page 7 Thread Responses

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4657547)
lmfao boxes of ramen

Damn right!
Quote:

Originally Posted by -paexaea- (Post 4657571)
requesting shrimp pls

or chicken, im not picky 8)

beef or gtfo
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFFRPerson (Post 4657610)
idk count me in I guess for d2

D2 looks about right :P
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punk Kitten (Post 4657629)
I'M IN I'M IN I'M IN
IM IN IM IN IM IN

LETS PRESS SOME FUCKING ARROW KEYS

<- V ^ ->
Quote:

Originally Posted by Totoxri (Post 4657650)
I would LOVE to participate in this. I love this game and I think that I am pretty decent at it (am in division 3 and almost 4). So I would like to be in this tourney if I am allowed to. So yeah, I'm IN! Also applauds to Rapta for donating those gift cards.

Glad to have you on board! *also joins you and gives Rapta a standing ovation*
Quote:

Originally Posted by CDCan (Post 4657652)
hi, can i play this tourny on flash flash revolution, please ?

yes you may~
Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4657655)
I vote the title of this tournament should involve Ramen in some way, shape, or form.

hmm...
Quote:

Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx (Post 4657656)
FFR Unofficial Tournament 2018 Feat. RamenBox [GetThirdPlace Version] (Final Title) {Radio edit}

sure, you got it (made a minor edit though~)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostieGoBoo (Post 4657665)
with everybody aiming for third place, i'm kinda wondering what second place people are gonna get... credits aren't edible amirite bois

Thankly qrrbrbirbel is now graciously providing some nourishment for both 2nd and 3rd place~
Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7694 (Post 4657670)
oh woops, sorry for the confusion! yeah I'm in for real, mainly for the potential steam gift card. my post was mainly a throwaway comment that I'm not as competitive as I used to be and that I'm testing the waters going against people in my division

No problem! I'm gonna leave your name like that in the participant list though...for funsies.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapta (Post 4657673)
at least someone wants to win a steam gift card instead of ramen xD

I feel like I would go for the steam card myself...but my library is like 99.99999999999999% of unplayed games at this point Dx
Quote:

Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx (Post 4657674)
Your generosity doesn't go unnoticed; ramen is just more universal ^^

not to mention the warm broth will be very nice to drink this cold holiday season
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kawaii025 (Post 4657675)
I'm in. Someone has to occupy the bottom of D4.

Like I said before, I don't want to jinx anything, but if you participate all the way through, you're almost guaranteed not to get last :D

reuben_tate 11-25-2018 01:22 AM

Re: FFR Unofficial Tourney 2018 Feat. RamenBox [Get2.5thPlace pastebin.com/tvm28W8b

I think I'm going to call it a night for now. I'll update the rest of the division placements tomorrow and also address concerns regarding that.

Jaekr 11-25-2018 02:47 AM

Re: FFR Unofficial Tournament 2018 Feat. RamenBox [Get2.5thPlace pastebin.com/tvm28W8

Count me in !
I want the ramens !

Blondeybear 11-25-2018 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 4657921)
Update:
Participant List updated to here (let me know if I accidentally skipped over you!)

EDIT: I forgot to update the amount of participants. We're up to 116 folks! :o

I think i may have been skipped over. (That is if i was reading properly)

qrrbrbirbel 11-25-2018 10:14 AM

Re: FFR Unofficial Tournament 2018 Feat. RamenBox [Get2.5thPlace pastebin.com/tvm28W8

I can't wait to watch people compete for the best not-best score hahahaha

Rapta 11-25-2018 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blondeybear (Post 4657934)
I think i may have been skipped over. (That is if i was reading properly)

Nah, you're on there

Psychotik 11-25-2018 12:54 PM

Is it cheating if I buy ramen from my grocery store without getting 3rd place?