Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Other Music Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   I played DDR for the first time ever today (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=39652)

Shashakiro 03-3-2006 05:54 PM

I played DDR for the first time ever today

Jesus, that's a hell of a lot more exhausting than playing it on a keyboard. It feels like actual exercise...and I only did 5-foot songs (I tried a 7-footer, which turned out to be the same Captain Jack song that was on FFR for a while, and failed really miserably. Shut up, I'm a total noob >_<).

It was a hell of a lot of fun, even though I only spent like a half hour there. I'll go there a lot next week and see if I can get to the point where I can pass a 7-footer. =)

Silver_Brian 03-3-2006 05:59 PM

Re: I played DDR for the first time ever today

IMO, DDR/ITG is the best exercise you can get. :-D

ddr_f4n 03-4-2006 12:38 PM

if u like it then buy the home versions so u could practice at home.

DDR ios obviously much harder than FFR because u need 2 b fit, and be coordinated with both ur eyes and feet. Screw the excercise, go to DDR.

you'll be really fit when u become really good.

Whiral 03-4-2006 01:29 PM

I've been playing DDR for about 3 years and i have 2 metal pads in my basement yeah its a awesome workout you can get really tired if your playing for your 1st time or you've never played before but yeah once you get the hang of it its fun as hell

Hr2 03-5-2006 07:17 PM

It's always tiring, but you'll find that those light songs that tired you out at first are nothing and even heavy songs aren't that bad. The real hard stuff is the ITG Challenge on 9+ levels, 9's aren't too too bad, but the curve is really steep from 9-10 and from 10-11. I'm not on 12s yet. I can't do 11's on my home pad maybe at an arcade I dunno.

Pearlace 03-6-2006 04:37 PM

ive been playin ddr for 2 years its not that bad you will get used to it soon and you will not get tierd just do hard songs frequently to make your stamina strong so when you do those songs again you'll not even get tired.

-Pearl

Shashakiro 03-6-2006 04:44 PM

I'm doing all Standard stuff now, Light got boring...I'm trying to play them all in order. I got tired out after about a half hour and left after I failed some 6-footer.

It's a lot of fun though =D

dancingwithdeath 03-10-2006 10:29 PM

Ive been playing for about 1 and 1/2 and it is really fun and gets the endurance pumping, If your trying to go to standard then there r some heavy songs i recommend to help, they r just as easy as the harder standard songs

Lets Groove(6)
Little Bitch(6)
Kind Lady(7)
Graduation(7) be prepared for small gallop sections)

I, however do not recommand these songs for standard players until they reach heavy

End of Century(I may be heavy but i still get tired of that song on standard)
That song at the end of the yellow section that i cant say because its japanese

And a majority of the paranoia and trip machine songs

Shashakiro 03-10-2006 10:33 PM

The machine I found is a DDR Extreme, by the way.

I passed two 7-footers today, so I'm happy. The only song I failed was Bag, which I found totally impossible because I can't read arrows at C65, period. 5-footers are now easy and 6 are semi-challenging.

Shashakiro 04-17-2006 09:00 PM

Haha, so now I've probably played 30 rounds (so probably like 85 games) total. I can do OK on 8-footers (I got a B on 'A' a couple times), do pretty well on most 7-footers and find 6-footers easy.

Yeah I'm still a noob, of course, but whatever, I'm sure I'll get pretty good eventually.

P.S. It's SO MUCH FUN. I never thought 186 BPM 8ths would ever actually entertain me, but they do. XD

terence1357 04-17-2006 09:10 PM

FOr some reason I like this thread.
Keep up the work.

Just don't try DXY, Era, and Holic until you got good reading skills and skills for 9s.

dAnceguy117 04-17-2006 09:20 PM

Era and Holic are easy, especially Holic. Shash has the reading skills. He's awesome at SM. DXY! is way hard, though.

darkone264 04-17-2006 09:31 PM

I've been playing since november i think I'm a master at both DDr and ITG (13 footers baby) and i'm third best in my city which I live just out side in a small town of 12000 and i'm the best out of them

Shashakiro 04-17-2006 09:32 PM

Ha.

Yeah, I didn't even know the options menu existed until some guy came in and used it XD It didn't say anywhere that you had to HOLD the damn start button...anyway, I put stuff on 1.5x and it actually suddenly made sense XD

I'm sure the reading skill I have from FFR/SM helps, although going from eyes to feet is waay different from going eyes to fingers.

I wanna get good at streamy stuff...that's why I played A a few times...what other songs are good and streamy?

BTW, I played Crash Heavy and failed really miserably =( It was the final stage though...is it just me or does the life difficulty go up as the stage number does?

FFR4EVA_00 04-18-2006 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shashakiro
The machine I found is a DDR Extreme, by the way.

I passed two 7-footers today, so I'm happy. The only song I failed was Bag, which I found totally impossible because I can't read arrows at C65, period. 5-footers are now easy and 6 are semi-challenging.

Try using the x2 or x3 mod.

Chromer 04-18-2006 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hr2
It's always tiring, but you'll find that those light songs that tired you out at first are nothing and even heavy songs aren't that bad. The real hard stuff is the ITG Challenge on 9+ levels, 9's aren't too too bad, but the curve is really steep from 9-10 and from 10-11. I'm not on 12s yet. I can't do 11's on my home pad maybe at an arcade I dunno.

I can't do a 12 efficiently yet myself. The highest I've done is Fleadh on Expert, Monolith on Hard, and Hardcore Symphony on Expert. I managed to get a 97.6% on Fleadh. IDK, but the streams in that song = sex to me.

Anuj 04-18-2006 01:04 PM

Right now I've gotten to the point where my stamina is good enough to pass anything, but my reading skills just don't do it... I've passed everything in the game besides Bloodrush and Vertex^2, and those 2 songs are gonna take a hell of a while for me to pass, because I can't read the slowdowns x.x

Shashakiro 04-18-2006 04:34 PM

I tried Holic, it wasn't hard

I also started getting A's on 7-footers which was cool.

My only problem is that I tire out really fast...like 6 songs and I'm beat =(

darkone264 04-18-2006 05:32 PM

I can handle about 45 before i need a rest it all depends on difficulty

pazreyesreyes 04-18-2006 05:52 PM

ddr is awsome in so many ways,hey what the heck thagames fun.