Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Ravi Zacharias (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=131364)

Hateandhatred 08-12-2013 05:38 PM

Re: Ravi Zacharias

Quote:

Originally Posted by star reaper (Post 3957909)
You do realize that an apologists is a person who offers an argument in defense of something controversial.

pretty sure it's apologetics.

Besides why would you aim this at Christians? Sure, Christianity supporters could criticize how well he's doing it or what he should say, but the message that guy tries to pass is most likely aimed toward detractors of Christianity.

star reaper 08-12-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateandhatred (Post 3957913)

An Apologist is some one who does Apologetics.

Hateandhatred 08-12-2013 05:43 PM

probably, nevermind I don't even speak English l0l

Nullifidian 08-12-2013 05:45 PM

I've been trying to listen to what he's saying for 20 minutes but I honestly don't know what he's trying to say. It's contentless drivel, and he's talking out of his ass about a lot of things such as secularization destroying a sense of shame in a culture, creating monsters..

ilikexd 08-12-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star reaper (Post 3957911)
Well, I did say that this was mainly for Christians.

Not to say that it isn't allowed here or to discourage you from posting it here, but there are tons of better places than FFR you can go to if you want to get some discussion and thoughts from fellow Christians.

star reaper 08-12-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateandhatred (Post 3957913)

Besides why would you aim this at Christians? Sure, Christianity supporters could criticize how well he's doing it or what he should say, but the message that guy tries to pass is most likely aimed toward detractors of Christianity.

The main reason why I aim this at Christians is because most don't think about these things.

andy-o24 08-12-2013 05:46 PM

Thumbnail looks pretty cool.

-o24

star reaper 08-12-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ (Post 3957919)
I've been trying to listen to what he's saying for 20 minutes but I honestly don't know what he's trying to say. It's contentless drivel, and he's talking out of his ass about a lot of things such as secularization destroying a sense of shame in a culture, creating monsters..

Do you understand the context he talks about these things in?

kommisar 08-12-2013 05:51 PM

well using "because god said so" isn't a very good argument either.

star reaper 08-12-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3957927)
well using "because god said so" isn't a very good argument either.

Huh?

0o0 08-12-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star reaper (Post 3957928)
Huh?

.-.

Nullifidian 08-12-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star reaper (Post 3957924)
Do you understand the context he talks about these things in?

What kind of a question is that anyway lmao. I'm interested in hearing your side of how it should be "interpreted" but the way I see it he's simply reciting fancy stories that entertain the people (even though I doubt they understand what he's actually saying at all and just clap at the punchline of the story). I don't see any wisdom or rational thinking in what he's saying

Tim Allen 08-12-2013 05:57 PM

his name is suspiciously close to raffi

star reaper 08-12-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ (Post 3957932)
What kind of a question is that anyway lmao. I'm interested in hearing your side of how it should be "interpreted" but the way I see it he's simply reciting fancy stories that entertain the people. I don't see any wisdom or rational thinking in what he's saying

The context of how something is said is important. A series of random events about a man cutting open a person might seem odd, but when you put in the fact that the person is a surgeon performing heart surgery, the entire event seems to make more sense.

Nullifidian 08-12-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star reaper (Post 3957937)
The context of how something is said is important. A series of random events about a man cutting open a person might seem odd, but when you put in the fact that the person is a surgeon performing heart surgery, the entire event seems to make more sense.

Sure, but I don't see that kind of coherency in this video.

star reaper 08-12-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ (Post 3957941)
Sure, but I don't see that kind of coherency in this video.

Well, one thing he tends to do is use stories to apply an idea. Maybe you are not connecting the story and thought that he brings up.

Choofers 08-12-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star reaper (Post 3957943)
Well, one thing he tends to do is use stories to apply an idea. Maybe you are not connecting the story and thought that he brings up.

This could possibly be a stretch, so bear with me, but maybe he's not making sense because... he's not making any sense?

Reincarnate 08-12-2013 06:07 PM

This guy is a massive idiot.

star reaper 08-12-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 3957947)
This guy is a massive idiot.

Why do you say that?

star reaper 08-12-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choofers (Post 3957946)
This could possibly be a stretch, so bear with me, but maybe he's not making sense because... he's not making any sense?

This could be a stretch but, maybe you don't understand the way he goes about a subject.