Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   sonic the hedgehog is antifa (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152452)

DaBackpack 10-18-2020 02:46 AM

sonic the hedgehog is antifa

change my mind

bugkid666 10-18-2020 02:47 AM

Re: sonic the hedgehog is antifa

I would change your mind but here's the thing: I don't wanna

DaBackpack 10-18-2020 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bugkid666 (Post 4747357)
I would change your mind but here's the thing: I don't wanna

Charu 10-18-2020 09:57 AM

Sonic is a cowboy

gold stinger 10-18-2020 10:58 AM

what is antifa

Bolth mannn 10-18-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4747369)
what is antifa

Sonic the Hedgehog

choof 10-18-2020 02:44 PM

anarchist chili dog

gold stinger 10-18-2020 02:49 PM

like legitimately, what is antifa

I've heard it here and there a few times in news/politics, but it's like, extremely secluded to ONLY news/politics, and specifically within United States of America. So I haven't been invested or sourced its meaning myself. Being a person from Canada, it's never been or never seen it in local or in Canadian news, and it's never discussed locally.

-paexaea- 10-18-2020 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4747358)

SourPls

WildZapdos 10-18-2020 04:00 PM

literally the entire plot of sonic satam

choof 10-18-2020 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4747385)
like legitimately, what is antifa

I've heard it here and there a few times in news/politics, but it's like, extremely secluded to ONLY news/politics, and specifically within United States of America. So I haven't been invested or sourced its meaning myself. Being a person from Canada, it's never been or never seen it in local or in Canadian news, and it's never discussed locally.

google it

mellonxcollie 10-18-2020 05:44 PM

antifa means anti-fascist

think of it kinda like Anonymous in that people try to make it out to be some boogeyman group but it's really a lot of smaller groups and individuals. People might do things in the name of "anonymous" but really all anonymous is are a group of people who use the same website. Antifa is a group of people who share the same ideals of anti-fascism

s0nic_b00m 10-18-2020 05:56 PM

bmah 10-18-2020 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4747358)

the US soundtrack for Sonic CD is better than the JP soundtrack

change my mind

gold stinger 10-18-2020 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4747402)
antifa means anti-fascist

think of it kinda like Anonymous in that people try to make it out to be some boogeyman group but it's really a lot of smaller groups and individuals. People might do things in the name of "anonymous" but really all anonymous is are a group of people who use the same website. Antifa is a group of people who share the same ideals of anti-fascism

Welp, sounds like USA has developed quite the political culture in the past 4 years.

inDheart 10-18-2020 10:07 PM

i would say a true leftist movement found the realest candidate they could back in 2016 and 2020 in bernie sanders (and also warren this year), but there's been a lot of money poured into the democratic rank and file, and deals cut with many of the other candidates in the presidential primary. money also makes it hard for any other political party to really emerge here, so all the talk of "if black lives matter is a political party" etc etc doesn't really matter

right-wing white supremacist groups continue to top the lists of domestic terror risks, and three (as of today!!!) plots to kidnap governors have been infiltrated and nudged along by the FBI only to be foiled as they reach fruition. there are even gun nuts who'd be happy to see a civil war strike up, here, and they get police protection when they're in the city (which they often bait, but even when they don't, it's like they have special privileges)

when crush 40 (i think?) sings "trust me and we will escape from this city" it's established that there is a significant and violent presence in the city that sonic is in, but really that's all of the circumstances he knows at the time. so even though he's leaving, the small team they maintain need to investigate the story as they eventually learn they need to protect the president, who seems generally uninvolved. now, even though failure to stop the finalhazard would entail destroying a fair amount of the fascist offensive on earth, by then they have identified the problem. SA2 is all about learning and acting on evolving information. it's absolutely an antifa story that turns into PROTECT EARTH once the relevant parts of earth to sonicland are no longer fascist. yeet

sff_writer_dan 10-18-2020 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4747392)
google it

It's extremely commonly discussed in Canada among people who are politically aware.

SputnikOwns 10-18-2020 10:58 PM

Antifa is the left-wing domestic terrorist organization behind much of the senseless rioting that's been going on for months. Essentially, they use the name 'anti-fascist' as cover to attack those they deem are 'far-right'.

inDheart 10-18-2020 11:01 PM

choof 10-19-2020 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SputnikOwns (Post 4747438)
Antifa is the left-wing domestic terrorist organization behind much of the senseless rioting that's been going on for months. Essentially, they use the name 'anti-fascist' as cover to attack those they deem are 'far-right'.

lmao