Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Last Time I'm Posting About this (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=148526)

Shodzzy 11-29-2017 05:18 PM

Last Time I'm Posting About this

The last time I posted about this, I have gotten about 3 blackflags, 7 SDGs and 4 AAAs. People say I need those to rank up, but ever since I've gotten these, I've been ranking down. My rank was 31, 811 when i last posted about this, now it's gone up 5. I swear I won't talk about this anymore. I just want an answer lol.

Sidek 11-29-2017 05:27 PM

Re: Last Time I'm Posting About this

just play for fun.

icontrolyourworld 11-29-2017 05:28 PM

if your rank is going up it's a grand time for rejoice! it means that other players are actively bumping you down the rankings, and you need to continue playing :)

Shodzzy 11-29-2017 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sidek (Post 4599491)
just play for fun.

I do, but it IS nice to climb the ranks sometimes. I like to be competitive, but not too over the top, if you know what I mean. I just thought my game was broken.

j-rodd123 11-29-2017 05:43 PM

maybe try comparing where your rank is after longer intervals of time. maybe check your rank every month or so to track your progress. little fluctuations are bound to happen so just keep at it

Rapta 11-29-2017 06:21 PM

If you want to be competitive, focus on your level and not your rank

rushyrulz 11-29-2017 06:27 PM

You don't need AAAs, BFs, SDGs, etc. to improve your rank, it's just your top 15 scores. If you somehow pulled off a 100 good, 20 average, 10 miss, 5 boo score on Death Piano, it would improve your rank.

Rapta 11-29-2017 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4599498)
You don't need AAAs, BFs, SDGs, etc. to improve your rank, it's just your top 15 scores. If you somehow pulled off a 100 good, 20 average, 10 miss, 5 boo score on Death Piano, it would improve your rank.

They have gotten several large improvements in their top 15 within the last 24 hours so idk why they don't see improvements in their rank

Shodzzy 11-29-2017 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapta (Post 4599499)
They have gotten several large improvements in their top 15 within the last 24 hours so idk why they don't see improvements in their rank

And that's the problem I have. My rank now is 26k and Level is 8 (It changed about an hour ago), BUT, I swear it changes only once every 5 days or week. Is that normal or am I not doing something right? Lol.

Walrusizer 11-29-2017 08:26 PM

are you updating the shit things and shit

Shodzzy 11-29-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walrusizer (Post 4599511)
are you updating the shit things and shit

I guess so lmfao

Travis_Flesher 11-29-2017 08:32 PM

Shodzzy, the most efficient method of raising your rank is by playing unplaid songs.

Dinglesberry 11-29-2017 08:40 PM

Just keep playing things to practice and ur rank will naturally go up as you improve

Like, frick

Shodzzy 11-29-2017 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4599516)
Just keep playing things to practice and ur rank will naturally go up as you improve

Like, frick

People are telling me different things.. i get so fucking confused very easily.. sorry but...

Moria 11-29-2017 08:52 PM

FFR Rank = Top 15 scores (Aim for AAAs)
FFR Average Rank = Median rank on all public files (Playing the older files or sometimes the more popular files can reduce this)
FFR Grandtotal Rank = Cumulative combo scoring (FC stuff)

Shodzzy 11-29-2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moria (Post 4599522)
FFR Average Rank = Median rank on all public files (Playing the older files or sometimes the more popular files can reduce this)
FFR Grandtotal Rank = Cumulative combo scoring (FC stuff)

thaaaank you dude. One of the best answers lol

DDR_Anna 11-29-2017 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moria (Post 4599522)

personally I would suggest aiming for SDG's on higher difficulties than your AAA's if you're looking for that rank

(obviously there shouldn't be that big of a gap in between)

12 of my top 15 are SDG's as of this post so

rushyrulz 11-29-2017 09:04 PM

The only thing anyone cares about is FFR Rank and maaaybe a little bit of average rank.

Moria 11-29-2017 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDR_Anna (Post 4599525)
personally I would suggest aiming for SDG's on higher difficulties than your AAA's if you're looking for that rank

(obviously there shouldn't be that big of a gap in between)

12 of my top 15 are SDG's as of this post so

Still aim for AAA at least, I mean; I don't have any AAAs in my top 15 but it would be a hell of a lot worse if I wasn't aiming for something my current skill level was capable of AAA'ing. Good reduction is fun to be mindful of if you're pushing your comfort zone by playing things you can't yet AAA, but if you want to see results on the screen, find the threshold of sdg'able and aim for perfection. if you can sdg, you're just a goof who choked the AAA. :)

devonin 11-29-2017 10:50 PM

Your stats only update when you go look at them. Be doing that periodically.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...hp?sub=Shodzzy

One thing to consider when playing songs caring about rank improvement: Your scores are ranked by their AAA equivalency. The AAA equivalency of a AAA is its difficulty, So the AAA equivalency of a 5 can't ever be higher than 5.

Your 15th song is a 4.15 so if you only care about playing for level and rank, never play anything lower than that, even a AAA won't be better than it is.

Your top score right now is an 11 with a AAA equivalency of 11 since you AAA'd it. Don't ever play anything easier than that. Your 28-0-4-4 on a 28 difficulty track is your 3rd highest score.

I'd be working heavily on songs in the 25-35 range right now if your primary goal is improving your top 15