Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   How to get better at FFR (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=94323)

blackrose345 04-6-2009 08:56 AM

Re: How to get better at FFR

i can play and FC alot of level 11 ( masters) songs... but i have difficulty AAA at all D: im working on a plan though your guide helped me a bit...

edit: this is how bad it is 7,124 games played and only two of them are AAA's

f2ppure 04-6-2009 12:30 PM

thanks lxdestinyxl, that'll be helpful

AnastaziaNicoli 04-8-2009 07:19 AM

Nice tips. Now I am going to let all my friends know about these tips so they can practice like I do. :D

Mocky55 05-6-2009 03:28 PM

this was an interesting guide, i just skimmed through it. Most people rly use 2 hands? that's rly lame, i just put my button configuration on "YXCV" (german keyboard), it gets hard to rapidly push with my pinky and my ring finger but i'm getting better at it. And also the game is about fun not winning, going 2 hands defeats the purpose in my opinion. U also don't get alot of finger training that way.

Dorby 05-6-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mocky55 (Post 3065331)
Most people rly use 2 hands? that's rly lame. And also the game is about fun not winning, going 2 hands defeats the purpose in my opinion. U also don't get alot of finger training that way.

There are various different styles of gameplay, all of them have their ups and downs. Playing with two hands (spread) is the most popular. I don't see how it takes the fun out of the game, it just makes it less challenging.

TC_Halogen 05-7-2009 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mocky55 (Post 3065331)
this was an interesting guide, i just skimmed through it. Most people rly use 2 hands? that's rly lame, i just put my button configuration on "YXCV" (german keyboard), it gets hard to rapidly push with my pinky and my ring finger but i'm getting better at it. And also the game is about fun not winning, going 2 hands defeats the purpose in my opinion. U also don't get alot of finger training that way.

All of the good players use it. You saying that it's lame to use two hands is worse than telling an ITG player than using the bar is cheating--it's not only ignorant, it's simply just wrong. If you think that playing one handed is fair compared to two handed, it's your own fault for choosing the less efficient style.

Mocky55 05-7-2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorby (Post 3065707)
There are various different styles of gameplay, all of them have their ups and downs. Playing with two hands (spread) is the most popular. I don't see how it takes the fun out of the game, it just makes it less challenging.

ye tru
Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3065857)

All of the good players use it. You saying that it's lame to use two hands is worse than telling an ITG player than using the bar is cheating--it's not only ignorant, it's simply just wrong. If you think that playing one handed is fair compared to two handed, it's your own fault for choosing the less efficient style.

i didn't mean to be ignorant (ok maybe alittle), i was just kinda shocked because i always used 1 hand and all those vidz i saw on utube about people which get a 1000 score on "for the guru's" difficulty always rly amazed me, but now i came to realize that most of them prbly play 2 handed.

uhm, what's ITG?

lxDestinyxl 05-8-2009 04:03 AM

ITG is 'In The Groove', and is similar to DDR. Click the link for more information.

Indulge yourself in this one handed video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY0S0CeKBHw

Not an FGO, but at least it's one handed.

Mocky55 05-8-2009 06:12 AM

i'm trying 2 handed now, and omg i'm so friggin bad at it xD
Difficult songs r challenging to even finish. Songs i could easily beat with just my left hand r so hard with 2 hands. I may have spoken too soon, i rly wanna get good with 2 hands now to c the difference between the 2 styles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lxDestinyxl (Post 3066687)
ITG is 'In The Groove', and is similar to DDR. Click the link for more information.

Indulge yourself in this one handed video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY0S0CeKBHw

Not an FGO, but at least it's one handed.

wow, i'm far from being that good, this guy has a weird button config but he's amazing, and has a weird taste in songs.
thx for the link

lxDestinyxl 05-8-2009 06:34 AM

You're welcome. That 'guy with the weird button configuration' is me ;)
Don't be confused. I don't play FFR with one hand. I play with 3 fingers on my right hand and 1 finger on my left, allowing me to play M.A.M.A with ease, for it requires no left key.

M.A.M.A is far from my song taste. I decided to record that song because it is technically difficult, especially with a single hand, and would be good for show.

Levyc 05-28-2009 11:53 AM

Is it odd that I use my left hand?

One Winged Angel 05-28-2009 11:57 AM

Since this has been bumped...Destiny, what's the song in the pic under Destiny's Tip #1? I can't figure it out for the life of me lmao

Darth Pegolous 05-28-2009 12:08 PM

ummmm play alot thats how u get better....

Anakinstepwalker 05-28-2009 12:40 PM

in my opionion 90% of players cant do really hard jumps on index, so i recommend you play spread and increase your speed at least to 1.25x becuz im really good and i still to this day cant read notes on 1x speed lol

kmay 05-28-2009 01:04 PM

i have been at the same skill level for a while now, I constantly play songs i cannot FC to try and get better. I have taken up SM this week in hopes of improving, but nothing yet. My trouble is FCing, i can get random runs with FC's but i want to be able to consistently FC them. Any tips on that?

aricu~san 05-29-2009 10:44 PM

im depress, i cant go pass easy. stupid fingers. <(*_*<)

mnnicol 05-29-2009 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmay (Post 3088349)
i have been at the same skill level for a while now, I constantly play songs i cannot FC to try and get better. I have taken up SM this week in hopes of improving, but nothing yet. My trouble is FCing, i can get random runs with FC's but i want to be able to consistently FC them. Any tips on that?

Pick up SM. Forget about FFR. Don't turn back. You'll improve. Greatly.

HonMelCal-spread- 06-4-2009 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aricu~san (Post 3090144)
im depress, i cant go pass easy. stupid fingers. <(*_*<)

Perhaps you should adjust your speed modifications. That usually does the trick.

? 3? 06-4-2009 03:43 AM

guitar hero can help ? 3?

-zeroSKILL- 06-4-2009 06:09 PM

Guitar Hero WILL help. absolute necessity to play FFR. go buy it. NAO!