Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Loads of questions (I'm back for good) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=147085)

Shadow_God_10 03-21-2017 05:51 AM

Loads of questions (I'm back for good)

Ohai! Most of you veterans will probably recognize me, to the new people, hello!

It's been 3-4 years since I vanished after the ODI pack 3 release. Did a bunch of soul searching and have a new place to work (night shifts ftw) As a member of 10 years(maybe more? Ugh I'm old) I've decided to dig in and contribute to the community in literally every way. This leads to the title of the thread

1. I've noticed a few songs I've wanted to make charts for have been made as skill tokens. Are they still available to make for people who aren't quite as skilled to earn said songs?
2. I live and die by stepmania 3.95cvs. Is there a syncing issue with the latest release? Or should I go with what I know best and any submissions made will be fixed pre-release to the public (should the file be accepted)
3. For you veterans out there... Don't die on me when you read this. YES. I make music! However I do not have a website to upload it to nor do I have any fancy schmancy stuff. Anything I write is in a program called Guitar Pro, which means you get crappy guitar chords that make your ears bleed etcetc. How can I make it so everyone can use whatever I write and finish to use as a song to create a chart to?
4. I've been jumping between the legacy, and R^3 engines while playing. I've noticed that some songs are way off sync (2003103 or something by DJ Sharpnel in particular). Is this common for the R^3 engine?

All of this lovely hubbub is to say that I'm definitely back and staying for good. Happy arrow smashing everyone!

Mourningfall 03-21-2017 07:51 AM

Re: Loads of questions (I'm back for good)

Welcome back!! I remember your face

1. most tokens are for the mostpart attainable though a selective few do require a lot of skill to get. /a/, Home Run Derby, and CirnoRHTL come to mind as a few of the rougher tokens.
2. Download the etterna project, that is all.
3. I'm pretty sure you can export your gp file as midi, load that in to a program like fruity loops and go from there~
4. The files are off sync? yeah, some of them. awwell, adjust your global offset to compensate.

Again welcome back

XelNya 03-21-2017 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mourningfall (Post 4536777)
2. Download the etterna project, that is all.

100% this.

Also I remember you. Welcome back.

Shadow_God_10 03-21-2017 05:58 PM

Thanks for the tips guys it's good to be back, another question about these skill tokens. What the hell are tier points and what does it mean to get 4x tier points on a song? (Trying to unlock Zephon)

Edit: what is the etterna project? Link to a thread would be appreciated!

Celirra 03-21-2017 08:08 PM

wow nice, you come back and you just hit your 1111 post milestone.

Etterna project can be found here (it's basically stepmania but well-supported)
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=145215

If you need help setting it up, send me a message or let me know in some other way. Welcome back!!

V-Ormix 03-21-2017 08:09 PM

wb meng

Wayward Vagabond 03-21-2017 11:35 PM

ey duu

Shadow_God_10 03-22-2017 08:56 AM

OKAY so I got the Etterna project... How does it compare to the 3.95 build of Stepmania in terms of playing? I remember when Stepmania 4.0 got released there were a huge amount of syncing and bpm offset issues with every song. Is the Etterna project basically the 3.95 build but better?

Mahou 03-22-2017 10:35 AM

It's basically the 5.0 build but better.

Shadow_God_10 03-23-2017 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahou (Post 4537608)
It's basically the 5.0 build but better.

Now that I've started playing it I noticed that it runs way smoother than 3.95, to the point where my MA has skyrocketed. Are there any noteskins available? I'm a retro guy who likes his 12th notes purple instead of lime green ;). Thanks for all the help you guys!

Mourningfall 03-24-2017 01:50 AM

Hey friendo,
here's an old delta skin as my gift to you

Just extract that under noteskins/dance and enjoy.
hopefully it's not too vibrant, the colors are a little strong on the eyes imo, but you'll quickly adapt if it suits you.

the sun fan 03-24-2017 02:48 PM

wb
gl arrowsmashing

Shadow_God_10 03-24-2017 03:45 PM

Okay guys! questions about the Etterna project.

1. I noticed that if I get a AAA on a song and go to the song select screen it will display AA instead, the same if I get a blackflag, it will say AAA sometimes. Is this a glitch?
2. How do I view scores on the songs I've played more than once, I go to the scores section and it says 1 of 2 and no matter what I do I can't seem to figure out how to view the other scores I've gotten

I'll probably make a thread in the Brag Board soon, the scores I've been getting are absolutely insane for me and I've only been back for 3 days.

Edit: figured out how to see the scores, use + and -.... silly me

Dinglesberry 03-24-2017 03:49 PM

An AAA isnt an AAA if it isnt MARVELOUS AS FUG, basically.. an AAA in etterna isnt like, all perfects and no greats or whatnot, its having a certain % accuracy > a set percent that I can't remember at the moment but is probably like 99%+ or something

Thats why you could like, have really good marvelous : perfect ratio, get a great, and still AAA it I thinks.. And at the same time, if you had a really bad marvelous to perfect ratio, but didn't get any greats, it could end up not being an AAA

blindreper1179 03-24-2017 04:01 PM

A AAA is a AAA is a AAA.

Shadow_God_10 03-24-2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4538980)
An AAA isnt an AAA if it isnt MARVELOUS AS FUG, basically.. an AAA in etterna isnt like, all perfects and no greats or whatnot, its having a certain % accuracy > a set percent that I can't remember at the moment but is probably like 99%+ or something

Thats why you could like, have really good marvelous : perfect ratio, get a great, and still AAA it I thinks.. And at the same time, if you had a really bad marvelous to perfect ratio, but didn't get any greats, it could end up not being an AAA

Thanks a bunch for the info! I noticed another thing about the scoring system there's DP, PA (or something), Wife, and Waifu. Is there a difference between them or are they all identical? I've been using Wife so I'm not sure if that explains my ridiculous MA increase or not

Walrusizer 03-24-2017 06:24 PM

in etterna those settings dont matter anymore, wife is the default scoring system which everything is based off of

Mourningfall 03-24-2017 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4539017)
Thanks a bunch for the info! I noticed another thing about the scoring system there's DP, PA (or something), Wife, and Waifu. Is there a difference between them or are they all identical? I've been using Wife so I'm not sure if that explains my ridiculous MA increase or not

(correct me folks if I'm wrong but to my knowledge) Wife is weighted as 100% = AAAA while DP = 100% AAA, that's the difference I've noticed between the two, while you may be AA'ing DP 93% you could not be AA'ing Wife because of scrub MA

Walrusizer 03-24-2017 06:41 PM

wife aaa is 99.75% and wife aaaa is 99.98%. 100% wife on anything more than 4 notes is nearly impossible

Shadow_God_10 03-26-2017 03:41 PM

Another question about the Etterna project (this time it's about simfiles) so I did what I usually do, create the .sm in text, drag and drop into my WIP folder with the song and fire up etterna project and when I go to set the BPM it just crashes, what's going on? Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me?