Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Specific songs making SA crash (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=122113)

Findarian 01-13-2012 06:05 PM

Specific songs making SA crash

When I load songs like Eletrik Shiivers, M8BT, Greensleeves, Blame It on Bad Luck, I have one of two things happen.
1. SA automatically closes itself when it reaches 100%
2. The song stops at a certain % and will not load anymore

the second is what happens when I try to load it from the regular site and not SA

Any ideas/suggestions to resolve this problem would be nice. It's been going on for a week or so now with no prior problems like this.

EDIT: for the majority of songs I have no issues

Ninty64 01-13-2012 06:26 PM

Re: Specific songs making SA crash

Does R/\IN load for you?

ghost- 01-13-2012 06:38 PM

been an ongoing problem for a while, and there have been multiple reports of songs not loading.

the most definite answer we've gotten is to just wait for it to be fixed, as it's kind of a difficult issue

Findarian 01-13-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninty64 (Post 3614834)
Does R/\IN load for you?

nope

Anaru 01-14-2012 05:05 PM

I'm gathering a big list of songs that are not loading. I've been clearing out genres one at a time and I've got a few holes here and there.

yo man im awesome 01-14-2012 05:06 PM

I don't know what to tell you, since this has happening to a lot of people.

Also ROFL when I first read thread title I thought it was supposed to read "Specific songs making South America crash"

Anaru 01-14-2012 05:20 PM

Okay. I think I found the problem.
When I was loading songs in Tokyo/Seoul, it was loading very slowly, and sometimes would not even load a few songs.

I just got back from winter break to my school in the US, and the songs are all loading instantly. It might be a connection issue. If a song loads too slowly or something, it might just stop..?

UserNameGoesHere 01-14-2012 06:21 PM

I'm in the US, so it's not a Tokyo vs. US thing. It might be a regional thing (albeit multiple regions affected) or an ISP thing though.

I can tell you what it's not.
It's not a problem with the user's/client's computer.
It's not a firewall issue (at least on the client side).
It's not an operating system issue.
It's not an antivirus issue.

The problem exists either on the server itself or somewhere between the server and client machines. It's possible the server makes certain assumptions about the network which just don't hold true in all cases.

Anaru 01-14-2012 06:24 PM

If my information could help anyone..

Songs didn't load when: I had slow internet connection. I was also using Asian ISPs.
Songs do load when: I'm on college internet that is insanely fast. No specific provider (not Comcast, not AT&T, etc.)

awein999 01-14-2012 08:44 PM

Twist will not play for me. I'm getting the "vanish" glitch. And it's definitely not a connection problem.