Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG 194 - Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151853)

jessiebessie 05-1-2020 03:02 AM

Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

I don’t entirely know how the letters set-up for this game works, so I can’t really speak to plausibility of all of the claims that have been made. Can someone please enlighten me?

jessiebessie 05-1-2020 03:05 AM

other reads:
I still think haku is sus. Nothing has really changed my mind about this since I last explained why.

dusk has been UTR previous phases but I’m getting more townie vibes this phase; i appreciate the effort to try to solve the game

Bolth- seems to be coming after dusk and me a lot; perhaps a wolf going after the easy inactive targets?

leetic seems to be trying to game-solve, which i like

It's been hard for me to get a read on shadow because of the slot switch (i should go back and iso shadow tbh- will prob do this rn)

jessiebessie 05-1-2020 03:08 AM

this is my obligatory rip eaman post. gonna miss you, buddy (even if you did think i was a wolf lol).

flashflash account 05-1-2020 03:09 AM

I think dbp spewed you town in the post where they paired us together

in a nutshell, one of the following is true
A) I'm the cop with a green check on MML and a red check on DBP, making them wolf partners and MML the godfather exactly
B) DBP and MML are both roleblockers, and overall roleblocked me night 2 and night 1 respectively

but there's a lot of nuance to it too so don't just not read

flashflash account 05-1-2020 03:11 AM

I'm going to bed now, feel free to hammer while I'm gone

Makilaz 05-1-2020 03:18 AM

Vote Count:
5/1 @ 19:00

00:59 = GOOD
00:00 = BAD

==============

flashflash account [3]
DaBackpack, MixMasterLar, leetic

DaBackpack [2]
flashflash account, Duskfall

jessiebessie [1]
ShadoWolfe

Duskfall [1]
Bolth mannn

Hakulyte 05-1-2020 03:24 AM

So, DBP being fake, MML being real and FFA being real could coexist together ?

Hakulyte 05-1-2020 03:25 AM

Wouldn't you have gotten "no results" if MML blocked you tho ?

I'm sure the op does mention that when you're Cop.

jessiebessie 05-1-2020 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728674)
I think dbp spewed you town in the post where they paired us together

in a nutshell, one of the following is true
A) I'm the cop with a green check on MML and a red check on DBP, making them wolf partners and MML the godfather exactly
B) DBP and MML are both roleblockers, and overall roleblocked me night 2 and night 1 respectively

but there's a lot of nuance to it too so don't just not read

so my gut is telling me to be suspicious of dbp/mml, but i genuinely don't understand how it would be town-aligned for you at all to simultaneously half-claim and try to force everyone else to hard claim their roles. ugh this situation is making my head hurt.

Hakulyte 05-1-2020 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makilaz (Post 4725954)
The only time that a player will be told that they are roleblocked is if they are expecting a result. This refers only to Cops, 1-shot Cops, Role Cops and 1-shot Role Cops.

That.

Hakulyte 05-1-2020 03:29 AM

Basically, the new changes are dooming a Cop in this scenario.

Hakulyte 05-1-2020 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessiebessie (Post 4728670)
one of my major conclusions before today's clusterfuck:
One or both of MML/DBP has to be a wolf.

What I'm saying is just to point out that MML/DBP are either both real or both fake.

MixMasterLar 05-1-2020 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4728684)
What I'm saying is just to point out that MML/DBP are either both real or both fake.

If we're both fake then rip me for giving up that greencheck on me for literally no reason

Haku you know I'm not that dense

jessiebessie 05-1-2020 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4728685)
If we're both fake then rip me for giving up that greencheck on me for literally no reason

Haku you know I'm not that dense

but if you are wolfing with dbp, then backing up his claim would potentially save you both-- a move wolves this close to victory would probably take the risk to do

jessiebessie 05-1-2020 03:54 AM

i'm pretty tired, so i'm gonna come back to trying to solve shadowolfe tomorrow.

night y'all.

MixMasterLar 05-1-2020 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessiebessie (Post 4728686)
but if you are wolfing with dbp, then backing up his claim would potentially save you both-- a move wolves this close to victory would probably take the risk to do

Um, no?
Like if we're wolves and FFA flips town we are both gone next two phases in a situation where one of us could have accomplished the same benefit by ourselves.

I'm ok being roasted alives for fucking forgeting shit but this hypothetical team wold plan is stupid

ShadoWolfe 05-1-2020 04:21 AM

Holy shit the more I scroll the more appalling this is

This was supposed to be a cut and dry resolution what haaappeeened

Hakulyte 05-1-2020 04:22 AM

Not quite sure how to read into Jess, but I'm likely to vote FFA this phase.

ShadoWolfe 05-1-2020 04:22 AM

Oh I'll just look real quick before going to bed he said
It'll be quick, he said
Thread was dead, he said

Hakulyte 05-1-2020 04:32 AM

The premise of watching DBP/MML lolcat for 2 phases is too appealing.

ShadoWolfe 05-1-2020 04:42 AM

This is so fucked

Hakulyte 05-1-2020 04:47 AM

Just wait when Duskfall claim SK.

ShadoWolfe 05-1-2020 05:15 AM

I think I follow MML on this

He's literally stayed the only solid read I've had from the beginning, and I don't think there's any reason to ever out himself to save a DBP!partner if he's wolf

The only possible situation he'd ever be wolf in is if he's exactly FFA's partner and they came up with some insane plot to clear MML forever thru FFA's lynch after reading some of the earlier similar conjecture that FFA/DBP were a team trying to do the same

but that is such a leap given that a setup where they're both wolves can likely contain a serial killer, and that the serial killer would probably kill MML. Plus, MML's just been towny enough to where I won't go there.

MML's soft also looked good that he targeted specifically FFA.

if FFA flips red, I think it clears DBP as well, so we'd be left with two nearly confirmed town PRs

It's funny that the claimed setup went from being CCC (2.296% chance of rolling) to a BBB (2.296% chance of rolling)

Duskfall 05-1-2020 05:17 AM

I am officially tinfoiling leetic mafia considering he keeps pushing counter wagons to dbp

ShadoWolfe 05-1-2020 05:18 AM

Last thought for now 'cause its 3:15 is that I don't think MML and DBP can ever be partners here. It makes 0 sense for a wolf in good town standing to out himself and allow town to get two consecutive wolf lynches after gaining only one town lynch.

Duskfall 05-1-2020 05:20 AM

Ok wtf why are dbp and mml both claiming roleblocker lol

ShadoWolfe 05-1-2020 05:21 AM

I just really don't know what wolf!FFA would have to gain by the whole redcheck fiasco. He was in good town standing himself. Why nuke himself to take out DBP?

I feel like there's something I'm missing here on either side of this and I don't like it

Duskfall 05-1-2020 05:23 AM

So lynch Mikey today if he's cop then both dbp and mml are outted scum and we lynch them and make our way to f3

ShadoWolfe 05-1-2020 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4728699)
Ok wtf why are dbp and mml both claiming roleblocker lol

yeahhh looks like thread got absolutely fucking wrecked right after we left earlier

ShadoWolfe 05-1-2020 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4728701)
So lynch Mikey today if he's cop then both dbp and mml are outted scum and we lynch them and make our way to f3

If he's scum, what do you think the implications are for MML?
How bout for DBP?

Duskfall 05-1-2020 05:25 AM

I'm gonna vote Mikey it's mechanically correct atp

Duskfall 05-1-2020 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4728704)
If he's scum, what do you think the implications are for MML?
How bout for DBP?

Dbp is a lot townier

To me the mml "oh wait I forgot to claim" thing is less trying to save dbp, more trying to distance from Mikey

Duskfall 05-1-2020 05:27 AM

Rn I'm thinking Mikey/mml/bolth

ShadoWolfe 05-1-2020 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4728706)
Dbp is a lot townier

To me the mml "oh wait I forgot to claim" thing is less trying to save dbp, more trying to distance from Mikey

I was thinking the same until I considered the SK

though thinking about it more, an SK would be looking for wolves rn so it'd be a good place to hide

idk, I still have a hard time buying it. he's been solidly town. if FFA does flip red, then reading back through their interactions should give us more than conjecture rn

Duskfall 05-1-2020 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4728708)
I was thinking the same until I considered the SK

though thinking about it more, an SK would be looking for wolves rn so it'd be a good place to hide

idk, I still have a hard time buying it. he's been solidly town. if FFA does flip red, then reading back through their interactions should give us more than conjecture rn

I do really think mml is a wolf here his play make no sense and he's building shit tier world's with Mikey partners that just seem like "designated next mislynches"

People might buy his claim if Mikey flips red but it's important people remember that they can still easily be partners and mml is just trying to be thread spewed

He's probably pushing me tomorrow which is sad but maybe funny

flashflash account 05-1-2020 11:19 AM

is it possible for another roleblocker to exist in the setup and have targeted mml n1

flashflash account 05-1-2020 11:33 AM

also, I figured out why the roleblock claims

they need to lynch me first because the nature of the roleblock claims on me means that they can still argue that I got blocked and was fpsing
if I die first there's still mechanical uncertainty around role resolution

leetic 05-1-2020 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728713)
is it possible for another roleblocker to exist in the setup and have targeted mml n1

A scum blocker would've had to target Xiz

Hakulyte 05-1-2020 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728713)

A 1-shot roleblocker most likely.

leetic 05-1-2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4728723)
A 1-shot roleblocker most likely.

That would be BBCCCV (only if DBP is lying and Mikey isn't), which has an SK unless there is another role we don't know about

leetic 05-1-2020 01:59 PM

That would be like flipping 7 coins and 6 roll heads anyway. Not a very likely scenario

Hakulyte 05-1-2020 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4728724)
That would be BBCCCV (only if DBP is lying and Mikey isn't), which has an SK unless there is another role we don't know about

Well, a wolf roleblocker could have blocked a roleblocker in theory.

Hakulyte 05-1-2020 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakulyte (Post 4728726)
Well, a wolf roleblocker could have blocked a roleblocker in theory.

Nevermind this.

leetic 05-1-2020 03:13 PM

I have a feeling that if anyone else wanted to claim, they would have done so by now.

MixMasterLar 05-1-2020 03:21 PM

Dusk please explain that, if I'm partners with FFA and wanted to bus him, I chose this clusterfuck instead of just just following DBP's claim?

These tinfoils where I'm being paired with either of them really sell my game short more then I ever have.....

flashflash account 05-1-2020 03:31 PM

my government mandated computer arrived today woo

Duskfall 05-1-2020 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4728731)
Dusk please explain that, if I'm partners with FFA and wanted to bus him, I chose this clusterfuck instead of just just following DBP's claim?

These tinfoils where I'm being paired with either of them really sell my game short more then I ever have.....

Mikey scum world: you didn't realise dbp was roleblocker

Dbp scum world: you are literally outted here if Mikey flips town I don't think i need to explain that

I do think Mikey is the scum though

flashflash account 05-1-2020 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4728715)
A scum blocker would've had to target Xiz

given dbp is claiming no block on d1 that's the probability

Duskfall 05-1-2020 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728732)
my government mandated computer arrived today woo

The government bought you a computer wtf lucky is it good?

flashflash account 05-1-2020 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4728735)
The government bought you a computer wtf lucky is it good?

I can run league on medium high at 80 fps capped, haven't pushed the specs further than that yet

it go vroom vroom compared to my old one, that's for sure

Makilaz 05-1-2020 04:07 PM

Vote Count:

==============

flashflash account [3]

DaBackpack [2]

jessiebessie [1]
ShadoWolfe

Duskfall [1]
Bolth mannn

ShadoWolfe 05-1-2020 04:24 PM

If FFA flips red:
DBP gets cleared
MML read is unimpacted / not cleared because of the possibility of a wolf team trying to salvage a bad FFA play by having MML claim. In terms of overall outcome for an FFA!wolf team, he's caught regardless of whether he or DBP gets lynched first, so having a partner bus to gain fakeclaim believability is net positive once they're in the fake redcheck thunder dome situation they'd have been in. A red flip wouldn't make him look worse, but it wouldn't make him look better imo.

If FFA flips blue:
DBP is lock wolf
MML gains claim believability because, in a DBP/MML wolfteam, wolf!MML never places himself in the hotseat by fake claiming a forgotten block to save DBP for only one phase and draws all the SUS when he was in strong standing before. DBP/MML are never partners imo, so a blue flip from FFA almost locks MML as a roleblocker who had gotten blocked.

ShadoWolfe 05-1-2020 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4728733)

Dbp scum world: you are literally outted here if Mikey flips town I don't think i need to explain that

Actually, please do explain that. I came to the opposite conclusion so your thoughts in more detail would be nice

jessiebessie 05-1-2020 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4728696)
I think I follow MML on this

He's literally stayed the only solid read I've had from the beginning, and I don't think there's any reason to ever out himself to save a DBP!partner if he's wolf

The only possible situation he'd ever be wolf in is if he's exactly FFA's partner and they came up with some insane plot to clear MML forever thru FFA's lynch after reading some of the earlier similar conjecture that FFA/DBP were a team trying to do the same

but that is such a leap given that a setup where they're both wolves can likely contain a serial killer, and that the serial killer would probably kill MML. Plus, MML's just been towny enough to where I won't go there.

MML's soft also looked good that he targeted specifically FFA.

if FFA flips red, I think it clears DBP as well, so we'd be left with two nearly confirmed town PRs

It's funny that the claimed setup went from being CCC (2.296% chance of rolling) to a BBB (2.296% chance of rolling)

Can you explain your solid town read on mml a little more?

jessiebessie 05-1-2020 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4728697)
I am officially tinfoiling leetic mafia considering he keeps pushing counter wagons to dbp

This is probably me tinfoiling to the extreme, but scum leetic could explain why wolves killed his green check instead of him...

ShadoWolfe 05-1-2020 04:46 PM

unvote

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessiebessie (Post 4728686)

@Jessie if MML and DBP are partners, then MML claiming to back up DBP gets FFA lynched, sure, but doesn't that then set the course of the next phase to get DBP lynched anyway and puts MML at high risk of a subsequent lynch as well?

Assume for a moment FFA flips town today. That locks DBP as a wolf. What do you think that tells you about MML?

flashflash account 05-1-2020 04:52 PM

my main problem with MML is their behavior not matching their claims
it doesn't make sense to me that MML "forgets" to have roleblocked me, especially when they suggested that they thought they might have blocked leetic instead, who has openly claimed a 1x check anyway
MML's coming back into the thread looks very coordinated with DBP, especially given how they interact with each other after that
if MML is town I think dbp claiming roleblocker should actually make them more suspicious of DBP since the setup can't have 2 town roleblockers
combine that with the massive tonal gap of pre-claim MML with post-claim MML and you have a faker

leetic 05-1-2020 04:54 PM

If anyone blocked Xiz or MML N1, claim now.

jessiebessie 05-1-2020 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4728745)
unvote

@Jessie if MML and DBP are partners, then MML claiming to back up DBP gets FFA lynched, sure, but doesn't that then set the course of the next phase to get DBP lynched anyway and puts MML at high risk of a subsequent lynch as well?

Assume for a moment FFA flips town today. That locks DBP as a wolf. What do you think that tells you about MML?

Yeah, I guess I got too focused on the Xiz wagon from the previous phase, which paired DBP and MML in my mind. It would be pretty short-sighted for wolf mml to back DBP in this situation, but I don’t think it’s impossible. If FFA flips town, DBP is def a wolf, but I also think wolf MML could find a way to spin the scenario to save himself.

flashflash account 05-1-2020 04:57 PM

basically, dbp knows I can't have a red check on them because they roleblocked me night 2, unless they had been roleblocked
so, dbp needs a partner to also claim to have roleblocked me night 1, since MML hypoblocked me night 1, they used MML to try bolstering the claim believability and circumventing the "dbp was roleblocked" scenario
they know their best shot at surviving is flipping me today and try to argue that dbp wasn't actually checked, so the only way to do that is to double claim and then try to win the counterclaims in lylo. Fortunately they played it badly enough where they look suspicious anyway, so massclaim tomorrow should lead you guys to lynch them anyway. Good luck

flashflash account 05-1-2020 04:59 PM

I honestly have no clue who the third wolf is lol
f3 should be interesting

ShadoWolfe 05-1-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728746)
my main problem with MML is their behavior not matching their claims
it doesn't make sense to me that MML "forgets" to have roleblocked me, especially when they suggested that they thought they might have blocked leetic instead, who has openly claimed a 1x check anyway
MML's coming back into the thread looks very coordinated with DBP, especially given how they interact with each other after that
if MML is town I think dbp claiming roleblocker should actually make them more suspicious of DBP since the setup can't have 2 town roleblockers
combine that with the massive tonal gap of pre-claim MML with post-claim MML and you have a faker

I see where you're coming from on parts of this.

How do you rationalize them as partners?

and why can't there be two town role blockers?

I'm more interested in my first question than my 2nd so please do give that one decent attention

ShadoWolfe 05-1-2020 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4728747)
If anyone blocked Xiz or MML N1, claim now.

If there was gonna be another roleblocker claim, it would've happened.

There's def a wolf blocker

leetic 05-1-2020 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728749)
basically, dbp knows I can't have a red check on them because they roleblocked me night 2, unless they had been roleblocked
so, dbp needs a partner to also claim to have roleblocked me night 1, since MML hypoblocked me night 1, they used MML to try bolstering the claim believability and circumventing the "dbp was roleblocked" scenario
they know their best shot at surviving is flipping me today and try to argue that dbp wasn't actually checked, so the only way to do that is to double claim and then try to win the counterclaims in lylo. Fortunately they played it badly enough where they look suspicious anyway, so massclaim tomorrow should lead you guys to lynch them anyway. Good luck

This makes no sense

leetic 05-1-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4728752)
If there was gonna be another roleblocker claim, it would've happened.

There's def a wolf blocker

Wolf blocker can't have blocked 'em both

flashflash account 05-1-2020 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4728751)
I see where you're coming from on parts of this.

How do you rationalize them as partners?

and why can't there be two town role blockers?

I'm more interested in my first question than my 2nd so please do give that one decent attention

I definitely have a better pov on the first question than you, just trying to figure out the most convincing way to explain it, because apparently whenever I try to lay out basic logic instead of shouting my opinion people still don't listen

MixMasterLar 05-1-2020 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskfall (Post 4728733)
Mikey scum world: you didn't realise dbp was roleblocker

Um, go read my claim again

Like there is no way I didnt see DBP's claim first

MixMasterLar 05-1-2020 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728749)
so, dbp needs a partner to also claim to have roleblocked me night 1,
since MML hypoblocked me night 1, they used MML to try bolstering the claim believability and circumventing the "dbp was roleblocked" scenario

Did you fucking read what you typed out?

Makilaz 05-1-2020 05:17 PM

Vote Count:

==============

flashflash account [3]

DaBackpack [2]

Duskfall [1]
Bolth mannn

MixMasterLar 05-1-2020 05:21 PM

Should DBP and I coordinate blocks for this nightphase?

MixMasterLar 05-1-2020 05:24 PM

Actually probably not

No kill is on so if we pick two targets ahead of time and they're wrong thats just a chance for wolves to nokill and mislynch.

May not be a smart way to play this night phase

ShadoWolfe 05-1-2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728756)
I definitely have a better pov on the first question than you, just trying to figure out the most convincing way to explain it, because apparently whenever I try to lay out basic logic instead of shouting my opinion people still don't listen

Try me. I'm not "people" lol I feel we've communicated enough to know how to understand each other so just type it out

Shouting your opinion won't get you anywhere here

leetic 05-1-2020 05:43 PM

We're a little more than an hour to EOD. If you think Mikey is bad, I would recommend voting now, just to make sure that no crazy EOD shenanigans will go on.

flashflash account 05-1-2020 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4728764)
Try me. I'm not "people" lol I feel we've communicated enough to know how to understand each other so just type it out

hmmm

leetic 05-1-2020 05:45 PM

Anyway, if Mikey flips bad, it doesn't look good for jessiebessie, since she wasn't around when DBP could've potentially been hammered

flashflash account 05-1-2020 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4728764)

it's the play they have to make because dbp knows I don't have a check

flashflash account 05-1-2020 05:46 PM

any other line and they have to out themselves when I flip
this gives them game in lylo

leetic 05-1-2020 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728768)

Does that mean you're rescinding your claim?

ShadoWolfe 05-1-2020 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4728768)

Wait, you don't have a check on who? MML?

flashflash account 05-1-2020 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leetic (Post 4728770)
Does that mean you're rescinding your claim?

yeah, I guess so
if the play is to lynch me first I might as well