Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Turbo Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   TWG Turbo 30 - The Nonary Werewolf Games [Game Thread] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151828)

Cold Kitten 04-4-2020 05:54 PM

Re: TWG Turbo 30 - The Nonary Werewolf Games [Game Thread]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4723819)
nah thats bs reasoning. Wolfs need a partner doesn't mean they need to have meaningful interactions with them, especially d0

also. fwiw. he's had interactions with almost everyone. and again, the only interaction that seems weird to me at all right now is his interaction with ffa.

so sure, he doesn't NEED to have meaningful interactions with anyone, but he's had interactions with almost everyone, so it's still something to consider.

flashflash account 04-4-2020 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cold Kitten (Post 4723824)
also. fwiw. he's had interactions with almost everyone. and again, the only interaction that seems weird to me at all right now is his interaction with ffa.

so sure, he doesn't NEED to have meaningful interactions with anyone, but he's had interactions with almost everyone, so it's still something to consider.

if it helps any, no I don't come into the thread with a vote on my partner

Cold Kitten 04-4-2020 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4723825)
if it helps any, no I don't come into the thread with a vote on my partner

it doesn't help but thanks

fatfuck42 04-4-2020 05:57 PM

For those of you who've played these sized games before, do wolves tend to bus or not bus? Maybe not votes and hard pushes but at least scumreads and such?

mellon_collie 04-4-2020 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatfuck42 (Post 4723823)
Maybe I'm just extra-sensitive because I burned myself last time, but there's no way haku's a wolf in my eyes.

idk I think I'm pretty good at town reading haku and I'm not getting a huge town vibe atm

haku's defense of their read list seemed lack luster to me, and I think haku is the type to get a bit more into it

Cold Kitten 04-4-2020 05:59 PM

has haku played a turbo before? maybe he's unfamiliar with the speed of things, and assumed since it was a turbo, to just get his thoughts out as quickly as possible. i mean, turbo IS in the name

Cold Kitten 04-4-2020 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatfuck42 (Post 4723827)
For those of you who've played these sized games before, do wolves tend to bus or not bus? Maybe not votes and hard pushes but at least scumreads and such?

it really depends on the person and less the game type. i've seen both.

flashflash account 04-4-2020 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cold Kitten (Post 4723829)
has haku played a turbo before? maybe he's unfamiliar with the speed of things, and assumed since it was a turbo, to just get his thoughts out as quickly as possible. i mean, turbo IS in the name

haku's played plenty of turbos

mellon_collie 04-4-2020 06:00 PM

Quote:

I think wolves with only one partner tend not to bus unless they are put in a tight spot and would look terrible if they didn't bus.

They might bus a bit in their reads list, but I don't see much pushing or voting happening unless they're pretty ballsy

Cold Kitten 04-4-2020 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4723831)
haku's played plenty of turbos

cool. scratch that then

Bolth mannn 04-4-2020 06:00 PM

Quote:

ARe yOu LooKINg fOr IdeaS AS a WolF

mellon_collie 04-4-2020 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cold Kitten (Post 4723829)

haku tends to be a fairly stream-of-consciousness type player and just type lots of random thoughts so that's pretty par for the course

Cold Kitten 04-4-2020 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellon_collie (Post 4723835)
haku tends to be a fairly stream-of-consciousness type player and just type lots of random thoughts so that's pretty par for the course

okay yeah i'd forgotten about that

flashflash account 04-4-2020 06:02 PM

Quote:

I think it's a really bad idea for a couple reasons
first, if you scum read your partner, other players are bound to scum read them or at least it makes it more likely, so when they inevitably die you're left with town cred that only lasts for so long
the concept of bussing is known information, so people won't like give you a hard pass for bussing until f3
second, in a game with power roles, mechanical information is able to out a deep wolf much more easily than a vanilla game purely solved by behavior and associations.
finally, getting your partner dead makes it a solo game and that's no fun

fatfuck42 04-4-2020 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4723834)
ARe yOu LooKINg fOr IdeaS AS a WolF

Buddy, I always bus!

Bolth mannn 04-4-2020 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatfuck42 (Post 4723838)
Buddy, I always bus!

Can't remember if you were playing but im getting quiplash flashbacks

Cold Kitten 04-4-2020 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4723837)
I think it's a really bad idea for a couple reasons
first, if you scum read your partner, other players are bound to scum read them or at least it makes it more likely, so when they inevitably die you're left with town cred that only lasts for so long
the concept of bussing is known information, so people won't like give you a hard pass for bussing until f3
second, in a game with power roles, mechanical information is able to out a deep wolf much more easily than a vanilla game purely solved by behavior and associations.
finally, getting your partner dead makes it a solo game and that's no fun

see that's the thing. haku didn't give you a pass or wolf read you. he just said "eh he's trying" and that's an easy enough interaction to give if you're not sure how to act

Cold Kitten 04-4-2020 06:06 PM

that, together with his general reactions to you today, give me weird feelings.

flashflash account 04-4-2020 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cold Kitten (Post 4723840)
see that's the thing. haku didn't give you a pass or wolf read you. he just said "eh he's trying" and that's an easy enough interaction to give if you're not sure how to act

I disagree

flashflash account 04-4-2020 06:07 PM

we rolled wolf together in a turbo a long time ago if you want to read it