Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums

Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Well. I think that's a sign to take a break from FFR. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121036)

Hazelle 11-4-2011 10:24 AM

Well. I think that's a sign to take a break from FFR.

So today when I woke up I thought "Hey let's get my aaa bar higher". And so I played some 6's and a 7 or two, and then I found a 4 I haven't played..that Louder Than Thunder song (pretty good). ANYWAY so I get a good - and I get pissed because 4's are ez pz for me and haven't gotten an AAA or even close to at all today (Not an AAA day i guess). What do I do? Slam my first onto my keyboard of the laptop and yell a profanity.
What happens?
The laptop goes bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzttttt and freezes. I freak out and shut the laptop off manually and restart it. Thankfully, everything is okay though. I refuse to play again until I find it fun again.
Any rage stories from y'all? c:

justin_ator 11-4-2011 10:28 AM

Re: Well. I think that's a sign to take a break from FFR.

inb4 Terage video....dang. I get pissed and punch things but it's never my laptop. Too valuable to me right now to risk breaking it lawl.

justin_ator 11-4-2011 10:33 AM

Lawl I can see Rob (OWA) whacking a random bystander with a 2x4 for blackflagging Reality.

(yes...I know he finally AAA'd it)

rushyrulz 11-4-2011 11:09 AM

Sure I rage at times, but I would never slam my fist into anything that might break as a result :P

who_cares973 11-4-2011 11:11 AM

i have a rage video

i broke my keyboard in this video

remedy1502 11-4-2011 11:19 AM

I hit my laptop twice and the harddrive stopped working both times. I stopped raging at FFR after that. Now my rage is "Lmfao **** FFR it's such a stupid game anyway~"

phe0nixblade 11-4-2011 11:28 AM

used to play ssbm kinda competitively and when i was at a friends house just practicing with him he kept beating me
i threw his gamecube at the wall and broke it
good thing i had 2 gamecubes so i could give him one rofl

Teddy_scfa 11-4-2011 11:29 AM

haha @ whocares..

Xx{Midnight}xX 11-4-2011 12:26 PM

I have found when I am getting upset, a nice walk around the block calms me down.

:D

Kibblre 11-4-2011 12:46 PM

Get a soft plush toy. I throw it when I rage, and it's soft so it won't break anything.

icontrolyourworld 11-4-2011 01:04 PM

This is usually how my rage goes xD

phe0nixblade 11-4-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kibblre (Post 3562215)
Get a soft plush toy. I throw it when I rage, and it's soft so it won't break anything.

you break its heart </3..

Kibblre 11-4-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phe0nixblade (Post 3562225)
you break its heart </3..

It's sushi, it doesn't have a heart.

DarknessXoXLight 11-4-2011 01:08 PM

All OWA rage vids are gold. x]
I break my pinky every here and there cause it feels like it shouldn't be on my hand when I play. (not really break, more like bruise)
I also get determination rage where I kind of just play a song over and over with a rather crazy look on my face until I get a score I'm satisfied but I feel like I'm not the only one who gets that. :P

GayLuigi 11-4-2011 01:36 PM

Netjet! 11-4-2011 01:44 PM

The keyboard I have now has taken a lot of beatings. Whenever I screw up on a song, i usually hold it up in the air and punch it as much as I can. Usually, the batteries fly out and I take 5 minutes finding them (wireless keyboard...). So much rage.

LJRoX 11-4-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GayLuigi (Post 3562243)

best video ever FREE KOMMI FREE KOMMI FREE KOMMI FREE KOMMI

Emithith 11-4-2011 02:03 PM

worst thing I have done in rage before (non-ffr related) was break a window (accident)

FFR gives me teh "FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..." though. Usually I slam my fists on the desk when I get mad. Lag pisses me of though, and makes me growl angry messages to the monitor. lol (Normal rage, I presume?)

LJRoX 11-4-2011 02:11 PM

For me whenever I rage I just do a Phoenix Wright slam and get over it.

No wait, I don't even rage anymore, I just play a different game/file to avoid bad habits or mind blocks at the very least. FREE KOMMI !! FREE KOMMI !!

leonid 11-4-2011 02:17 PM

Well guys I think you all should read this
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=118221

rushyrulz 11-4-2011 02:21 PM

I did cuss a lot at the top of my lungs when I booflagged setsujou between the 2nd and 3rd last notes.

Winrar 11-4-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leonid (Post 3562278)
Well guys I think you all should read this
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=118221

Best advice I ever got.

iironiic 11-4-2011 03:13 PM

The extent of my rage is me ferociously mashing my keyboard when I mess up a good run. My parents would be in the living room (where I normally play FFR) literally yelling at me to calm down haha. Nowadays, I don't rage as much.

The main cause of my rage stories is because of my parents. They can't keep their mouths shut every single time I have a good run haha. If you guys ever watch me play FFR and try to talk to me when I'm trying to improve my scores, I will mess up and most likely rage at you xD.

Then again, I don't rage as much these days haha.

xTiff3rzx 11-4-2011 04:44 PM

Wow FFR makes players go on rages, hahah.
D: I just take breaks every so often I guess so I don't get upset.

Sprite- 11-4-2011 08:03 PM

Oh man I sure do not miss actually caring about FFR Scores lmao.

ELRayford 11-4-2011 08:21 PM

Wait, people rage at FFR?

Poison- 11-4-2011 08:22 PM

I rage at any game that it's possible to rage at...

fido123 11-4-2011 08:24 PM

Upon Youtubing "emo smashes room" I found this:

Surprised as **** nobody's posted it yet.

Ziergdsx18 11-4-2011 08:25 PM

da masta

that is all. only thing that pisses me is the title but oh well.

UserNameGoesHere 11-4-2011 09:55 PM

Oh wow. Some of you, hahaha.

I don't rage at games. In fact I don't rage at all, unless I'm just taking a whole bunch of physical abuse in which case RUN. (Few have seen me rage. None have seen me rage more than once. Once is enough)

I just think a game is meant to be fun and relaxing. If it ceases to be such, then go do something that is.

CammyGoesRawr 11-4-2011 10:00 PM

Last night, i raged at getting an end-of-song booflag on Gaussian Blur 3. I grabbed my bo staff from beside my bed, and took a swing at my 4-way ceiling light (which is attached to a ceiling fan)

No, the 4 light bulbs didnt break into pieces or anything, and the fan still works, but none of the lights work. So i've only had candle light for the last 24 hours.

Furthermore, the score didn't save, which only added to the rage.

edit: Bri, i feed pencils to my dog when i get pissed off at my homework. He chews on them like rabbits nibble on carrots.

psychoangel691 11-4-2011 10:21 PM

I've thrown my laptop, on several occasions >.>

vro 11-4-2011 11:30 PM

Omg, these videos/stories are making me lmao. The most rage I ever have during FFR/SM is "aww, damn." The only time I ever recall rage quitting was one time when I was still in high school, and all I did was throw the PS2 controller. I don't even remember what game I was playing.

rayword45 11-5-2011 04:28 PM

If I rage, I simply jump up, scream a few profanities, run to my bed, and start punching my pillow like the child I am (while screaming more profanities).

vro 11-5-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vro (Post 3562639)
The only time I ever recall rage quitting was one time when I was still in high school, and all I did was throw the PS2 controller. I don't even remember what game I was playing.

Okay, I just remembered. It wasn't a PS2 controller, it was the original XBOX controller. I was playing Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition, and that game pissed me the hell off in ways no game ever had before(or has since then.). The problem with that game was that you pretty much HAD to do a race PERFECTLY and get first place, or you lost. So like, you could be in a 3 lap race, and be in first place for the first 2 laps, and then suddenly, in the middle of the 3rd lap, you accidently hit a wall and get back on the road within 5 seconds, but you were somehow in last place all of a sudden, and you freaking lost just like that :evil:. I had never had such a love/hate relationship with a game before.

TheSaxRunner05 11-11-2011 12:37 AM

When no one is home, I shout profanity, usually mother F'er. I whisper it when people ARE home, but very intently and forcefully under my breath. On the worst occasions, I do this and slam my fist on the counter for additional effect.

hi19hi19 11-11-2011 12:44 AM

I'm perpetually raging at life all the time, so playing FFR is no different.

ragerageragerage I'm an angry hateful person

reuben_tate 11-11-2011 02:37 AM

The rage you people have sounds so intense. The most I ever do is shout out a few profanities and pound my fist on the desk. I occasionally have a mash-fest on all the keys on my keyboard, but never to the extent to where keys start breaking. I feel the intensity of one's rage increases proportionally to one's skill in this game. I better start raging more. :razz:

lumphoboextreme 11-11-2011 02:41 AM

I used to rage really bad and hit stuff but now I have better control over that and tend to just yell.

DossarLX ODI 11-11-2011 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazelle (Post 3562127)
Any rage stories from y'all? c:

I guess I could share some now that I look back recently:

Getting exactly 3 goods on Crowdpleaser numerous times

Splitting RATO and winding up with 23-1-0-1, 26-0-0-3, 17-5-1-5, and 23-0-2-3, which all make me rage at my current registered score of 20-2-0-8 (this is my most personally hated score especially if you just look at the ones I listed....)

Getting 3-0-0-1 on Death Piano but then 5 goods and 3 averages came from a ridiculously bad transition on one of the 24th trills, turning it into 8-3-0-1

Playing Red Wings Over Baron on video and getting a good on a slow gap in the last 20 seconds

AAA'ing Schmollbluk to around 1200 combo on video and then a really slight lag spike that was enough to split a late good

AAA'ing Eclipse twice up to the very last stream on video and getting 1 good on the 2 frame minijack

Basically a ton of luck crap that results in me splitting later on and I'm forced to stop

OnixRose 11-11-2011 03:18 AM

I quit FFR from rage (also for ****ing my hands up), I also quit Halo for the same reason (tried to throw my phone onto my couch and missed, throwing it -through- my wall).

Now if I rage, I quit what I'm doing and practice strengthening my puboccocceygeus muscles. (chicks dig it) B)

XCV 11-11-2011 12:11 PM

I rarely rage; if I do it's of the calm "fucc this I'm not doing it anymore" variety. I reserve my emotions for when they're actually needed.

justin_ator 11-11-2011 12:42 PM

I'm lol'ing at the video I'm trying to put together. Oh my word, it's going to be funny if I can get this worked out.

FontSize72LOL 11-11-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vro (Post 3563104)
Okay, I just remembered. It wasn't a PS2 controller, it was the original XBOX controller. I was playing Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition, and that game pissed me the hell off in ways no game ever had before(or has since then.). The problem with that game was that you pretty much HAD to do a race PERFECTLY and get first place, or you lost. So like, you could be in a 3 lap race, and be in first place for the first 2 laps, and then suddenly, in the middle of the 3rd lap, you accidently hit a wall and get back on the road within 5 seconds, but you were somehow in last place all of a sudden, and you freaking lost just like that :evil:. I had never had such a love/hate relationship with a game before.

That makes a lot of sense. I harbor a lot of rage for that game. Especially given the fact the other cars would always cheat and clip through walls when you weren't looking. I've caught this happening once and i raged so hard about how BS it was.

Yeah, for a while i had to stop playing FFR. I cared too much about my score, got fed up that i could never AAA anything (I still cant AAA shit but I just accept it now and don't care) that i found my self yelling at the top of my lungs on pretty much any song i played.

vro 11-11-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FontSize72LOL (Post 3566153)
Yeah, for a while i had to stop playing FFR. I cared too much about my score, got fed up that i could never AAA anything (I still cant AAA shit but I just accept it now and don't care) that i found my self yelling at the top of my lungs on pretty much any song i played.

Likewise. I used to get really annoyed when I saw the threads where people AAA'd anything, even crap like FGO songs. I still can't really AAA much, but now I don't care at all anymore. I can AA/FC practically anything. The main way I look at it is "well, I'm still better then 80% of people who play."

TC_mistrisofevl 11-12-2011 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vro (Post 3563104)

Failed a song on Guitar Hero 2 on PS2 and launched the guitar across the room and through the wall immediately followed by the PS2. It was quite the beautiful sight.

FFR rage usually involves the usual slamming hands on keyboard, screaming profanities and throwing things. Ended up almost breaking both wrists after about 25 tries in a row on TDSoK auto failing in the first 20 notes with the same score and just repeatedly slamming my hands down.

xXAll-ProXx 11-12-2011 08:00 AM

I just punch the desk, it hurts a lot but at least I'm not breaking anything (unless I end up breaking my own arm or something lmfao)

kmay 11-12-2011 08:10 AM

i dont really get that mad. i did the other day when i missed a note at the end of a song... but that was like the first time ever. punched the desk nothing too big. sometimes i talk loudly, i wouldnt call it yelling or screaming

jprox445 11-18-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazelle (Post 3562132)
I tried to make it a habit to like, slam my fist on the ground because da ground doesn't break. v.v;

hmm rage story? let's see.... it involved me playing FFR while my mother is sleeping, her waking up and totally "ALL CAPS RAGING" at me. The end.... Let's just say I didn't play FFR for a while after that XD

me..? personally I'm currently raging at my D4 Position.

CammyGoesRawr 11-18-2011 04:35 PM

~see linked video below, starting at 9:00~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5U3CTt9IpU

Cold Kitten 11-18-2011 04:47 PM

I don't really rage at FFR. I've raged at other stuff, though. Punched holes in my walls, thrown my phone at a wall. Oh, and threw a PS3 controller at my TV once. That was fun. ~_~

I think the worst FFR rage for me is just getting pissed off when I think I got one score, but I actually got something much worse and saying profanities. Nothing too big.

ELRayford 11-18-2011 05:13 PM

U mad bros?

FontSize72LOL 11-22-2011 03:37 PM

This thread always cheers me up. Just tried to play some 4's... Couldn't AAA after several attempts even though yesterday i sightread AAA'd a 9. Threw my headset into my chair as hard as i could, walked around yelling profanities and then i punched a hellium balloon i have sitting at the edge of the room several times. Proceeded to sit back in my chair and closed out standalone and decided that its probably time i take a break for a while today.

Ugh, i don't know why i even play this game. Its pretty much the only thing in my life that makes me rage this hard. Hell, even fail raids i never got this pissed off. Although, there have been times where I've went off on someone on vent for just being a complete retard at everything he did on a particular MMO, that was pretty fun i have to say.

leonid 11-22-2011 03:50 PM

Many people probably think that I throw pillows when I rage since it's shown in some of my vids, but actually those rages were staged (the scores weren't..........)
In reality, when I continuously get disappointing scores, the most intense 'rage' I've had is *sigh* -> make :( face -> mumble some noise with swear words mixed in -> and call it a day

BzT 11-22-2011 04:04 PM

smoke a bowl and proceed

gnr61 11-22-2011 04:26 PM

i only rarely play the same song more than once in a row with the expectation of actually doing better on it so i don't get annoyed that awful much with the game. i've been known to get peeved by screwing up on really trolly stuff like the ending mines in Hidden Answer or the jack in Universal Mind or whatever but it's never more than a sigh and *holds escape key*.

now ssbm and M:TG i've raged at a fair bit more lol

Ryusei_ 11-22-2011 04:47 PM

I don't rage too hard at FFR outside of the obligatory cussing and keymashing.

My true rages came from playing WoW. You know that little drawer thing that pulls out that you have your mouse and keyboard on? I broke that more than once due to stupid people doing stupid things.

Before I got a flatscreen I used to also punch my monitor secretly hoping they could feel my hatred through the internet. :(