Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Turbo Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   TWG Turbo XXIIIIIIII 10 AM/10 PM (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151516)

star-crossed 12-8-2019 05:57 PM

Re: TWG Turbo XXIIIIIIII 10 AM/10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWGma (Post 4703877)
Column A Column B.
It could be just bad if it weren't coming from a player of your calibre. Instead, it just looks like you're prodding Subaru for thoughts while also a slight pocket job.

What does pocketing have to do with anything?

SubaruPoptart 12-8-2019 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4703880)
is it too early for the star town read to be real

In all honesty from what I've seen in the past (which is ironic(?) to what I'm gonna say now), Day 0 seems to be just meta reads from previous games. Star seems to be goin pretty ham though so I guess some things can come true in the future.

On that note, how do you iso posts again? I completely forgot.

SubaruPoptart 12-8-2019 06:05 PM

Wait scratch that, I remember now; prolly gonna get ninja'd tho so sorry for whoever answered

inDheart 12-8-2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4703882)
In all honesty from what I've seen in the past (which is ironic(?) to what I'm gonna say now), Day 0 seems to be just meta reads from previous games. Star seems to be goin pretty ham though so I guess some things can come true in the future.

On that note, how do you iso posts again? I completely forgot.

what if i told you it wasn't a meta read on star?

though if there's a pocket job going on, i could be the victim of it for this

SubaruPoptart 12-8-2019 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4703884)

OK next question: what's a pocket job

star-crossed 12-8-2019 06:19 PM

Quote:

I get the impression I may not be understanding pocketing the same way you are. But the most plausible examples of pocketing to me so far are actually Charu toward sun fan and you toward me, in my opinion.

star-crossed 12-8-2019 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4703885)
OK next question: what's a pocket job

I thought it was an attempt to butter somebody up.

TWGma 12-8-2019 06:30 PM

P much that. Pocketing someone basically means trying to get someone to townread you as a wolf. "Having someone in your pocket", etc.

And I don't really know what more you want other than I feel that was way too early to read into that Xel post (and I don't know what InD has to do with this), and you trying to poke at Subaru for it was some low-hanging fruit as - no offense Subaru - going after the weakest player, as a wolf, is a decent strategy if you're looking to build town cred.

the sun fan 12-8-2019 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4703866)
That's right, talking about how impressive your wooloo is, because by gosh, WHY IN THE WORLD DO YOU SEND IT OUT AS YOUR FIRST EVERY TIME!?

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!?

*fighting the ginormous Pokemon set to destroy Galar*
*leads Wooloo*
*Wooloo used Double Kick*

TWGma 12-8-2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4703879)
I have never been a wolf in a game with you.

Also, false. I was in that Turbo you rolled wolf in (Turbo 26), but had to replace out due to my tooth having a root canal and swelling to the size of a chipmunk.

the sun fan 12-8-2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4703880)
is it too early for the star town read to be real

no I liked post #79 it was very vintage like listening to that one song that my mother played on CD when I was young and I was "helping" her run errands

TWGma 12-8-2019 06:33 PM

Should probably clarify that my face swelled up; not my tooth. That'd be terrifying.

Almost as terrifying as my WOOLOO

inDheart 12-8-2019 06:34 PM

yeah, that. maybe someone will come in and argue you can do it as town too to appeal to people you think who should read you particularly well, but there's a connotation with the word

& yeah if you asked me where potential pocketing is in this game, ignoring ones i could be involved in i'd def say charu/sunfan

the sun fan 12-8-2019 06:34 PM

Quote:

pocket job

*snicker*

the sun fan 12-8-2019 06:35 PM

TWGma is not with Subaru because Subaru suggested a new avatar for them (without knowing who they were) and Trevor ignored it cuz he a bitch
#teamfg

star-crossed 12-8-2019 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWGma (Post 4703888)
P much that. Pocketing someone basically means trying to get someone to townread you as a wolf. "Having someone in your pocket", etc.

And I don't really know what more you want other than I feel that was way too early to read into that Xel post (and I don't know what InD has to do with this), and you trying to poke at Subaru for it was some low-hanging fruit as - no offense Subaru - going after the weakest player, as a wolf, is a decent strategy if you're looking to build town cred.

While I appreciate that you are at least trying to make a read, you're making a ton of assumptions and throwing out a lot of buzz words and I'm not really buying it. How is asking for his thoughts on a post, early or not (though I object that it's early to ask people questions one-third of the way through the day) a "push" or "pocket job"? I don't know what InD has to with this either.

the sun fan 12-8-2019 06:36 PM

alright, I'm starting to be productive so ciao

star-crossed 12-8-2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4703893)
yeah, that. maybe someone will come in and argue you can do it as town too to appeal to people you think who should read you particularly well, but there's a connotation with the word

& yeah if you asked me where potential pocketing is in this game, ignoring ones i could be involved in i'd def say charu/sunfan

Quote:

Am not following. On what basis would you be a victim of my pocketing?

inDheart 12-8-2019 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4703886)
I get the impression I may not be understanding pocketing the same way you are. But the most plausible examples of pocketing to me so far are actually Charu toward sun fan and you toward me, in my opinion.

also i'll just say it now because it's probably the one time in the game i'll get to use it

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4703879)
My goal of questioning Subaru really was just to see what he would say about something that was at least vaguely related to the game at hand, since talking about burgers endlessly is only so telling, and he had for whatever reason made the choice not to respond to what others had said. What I like from him is him expressing again that he will be able to post more, in the first post.

last postgame i complained about riot getting lynched for wanting to do things and make things happen as town, and this gave me the same kind of vibe, and i know you followed it. so the question becomes, do you genuinely want the game to move, or are you just trying to toss in that kind of awareness expecting me to look for it, which would be the pocketing. the former reading is winning though, going along with other things you've been doing

SubaruPoptart 12-8-2019 06:42 PM

Also when and why did Star become Hambo? Or whatever his name was

inDheart 12-8-2019 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWGma (Post 4703888)
I feel that was way too early to read into that Xel post (and I don't know what InD has to do with this)

what do i have to do with this

inDheart 12-8-2019 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4703894)
*snicker*

trevor said it first smh

only if it's the pockets you like i guess. didn't know tailoring was such a humorous line of work

XelNya 12-8-2019 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWGma (Post 4703878)
Also, Wooloo should have the ability that it's weak to fire even if it's not the right typing.. SET THAT WOOL AFLAME

ok wolf

inDheart 12-8-2019 06:49 PM

if you installed a custom tagging system on the forum and let people use it in twg for some reason, i would just tag like a bunch of hopecaster posts as "adrift"

some would get pants emojis but otherwise that's like the biggest adjective i have for things so far

star and subaru being partners was something that just came to mind even though it's not what t-force is saying; you think that's not what it is when you say it's pocketing?

am food

star-crossed 12-8-2019 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4703899)
also i'll just say it now because it's probably the one time in the game i'll get to use it

last postgame i complained about riot getting lynched for wanting to do things and make things happen as town, and this gave me the same kind of vibe, and i know you followed it. so the question becomes, do you genuinely want the game to move, or are you just trying to toss in that kind of awareness expecting me to look for it, which would be the pocketing. the former reading is winning though, going along with other things you've been doing

Oh. Uh, I did not really care about that game that much, no offense. I had some vague reads on a few people and then they kept dying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWGma (Post 4703890)
Also, false. I was in that Turbo you rolled wolf in (Turbo 26), but had to replace out due to my tooth having a root canal and swelling to the size of a chipmunk.

That post was to Xel, not you.

XelNya 12-8-2019 06:52 PM

Also, Star you're either misinterpreting my tone this game rather horribly I think?

Or I am misinterpreting you really badly.

I guess it's if you think I've been serious at all this game, you're really missing the tone i'm going for I think. Otherwise it's totally me.

I do genuinely want to lynch ShadoWolf purely for the meme though, because otherwise all my pregame posts have no payoff, and that's such a missed opportunity.

Also Funnygurl, Trevor is posting in a way that leans me to your side of the rivalry for this game exclusively.

TWGma 12-8-2019 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4703900)
Also when and why did Star become Hambo? Or whatever his name was

That's Ham. Probably around the same time you told them they were going ham.

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4703901)
what do i have to do with this

Idk, ask star. She mentioned something with you in response to my pocket call-out, iirc. Maybe I'm just a big dumb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4703896)
While I appreciate that you are at least trying to make a read, you're making a ton of assumptions and throwing out a lot of buzz words and I'm not really buying it. How is asking for his thoughts on a post, early or not (though I object that it's early to ask people questions one-third of the way through the day) a "push" or "pocket job"? I don't know what InD has to with this either.

You're asking them based off of a joke post (that was explicitly said to be a joke post). Like, what do you want out of that? If you want Subaru to get involved, pick a better post instead of a bad meme.

TWGma 12-8-2019 06:53 PM

WOW I've been betrayed by XelNya of all people???

XelNya 12-8-2019 06:54 PM

Trevor watch this video:

XelNya 12-8-2019 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWGma (Post 4703908)
WOW I've been betrayed by XelNya of all people???

You stole my top hat once, it was bound to happen.

star-crossed 12-8-2019 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4703906)
Also, Star you're either misinterpreting my tone this game rather horribly I think?

Or I am misinterpreting you really badly.

I guess it's if you think I've been serious at all this game, you're really missing the tone i'm going for I think. Otherwise it's totally me.

I do genuinely want to lynch ShadoWolf purely for the meme though, because otherwise all my pregame posts have no payoff, and that's such a missed opportunity.

Also Funnygurl, Trevor is posting in a way that leans me to your side of the rivalry for this game exclusively.

I probably am misunderstanding you. I have a tendency to take people swearing toward me as more aggressive than I probably should, for instance. But I do not actually think that changes my overall lean on you.

SubaruPoptart 12-8-2019 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWGma (Post 4703907)

You're asking them based off of a joke post (that was explicitly said to be a joke post). Like, what do you want out of that? If you want Subaru to get involved, pick a better post instead of a bad meme.

OK so just gonna put this out there now; most of the time I am along these lines, as I think Lar put me in the very first game I played:

I'm getting better at figuring out how to actually read into things even a little bit since 188, but even then oh dear I still need a lot of work but that's why I'm playing again ^-^

SubaruPoptart 12-8-2019 07:00 PM

Also holy crap that image was so much bigger than I wanted it to be- I shoulda made a spoiler...

TWGma 12-8-2019 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4703910)
You stole my top hat once, it was bound to happen.

YOU LET ME WEAR I-- oh wait, I said I stole it... damn, your revenge took 7 years to happen? Devious

flashflash account 12-8-2019 07:00 PM

Votes:

Funnygurl555 -> TWGma #7
XelNya -> ShadoWolfe #9
inDheart -> thesunfan #17
Funnygurl555 -> ShadoWolfe #29
star-crossed -> the sun fan #35
the sun fan -> inDheart #41
inDheart -> Charu #59

ShadoWolfe- 2 (XelNya, Funnygurl555, )
the sun fan- 1 (star-crossed, )
inDheart- 1 (the sun fan, )
Charu- 1 (inDheart, )

XelNya 12-8-2019 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4703911)
I have a tendency to take people swearing toward me as more aggressive than I probably should, for instance.

That would very much explain the disconnect then.

star-crossed 12-8-2019 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWGma (Post 4703907)

Idk, ask star. She mentioned something with you in response to my pocket call-out, iirc. Maybe I'm just a big dumb.

Now that I understand we have been kind of talking past each other because you thought my post toward Xel was toward you, your reactions make a bit more sense. But I'm still lost by how you are reading so much (pocketing, a push) into the question.

Frankly if I felt there was a better post to ask him about I would have.

TWGma 12-8-2019 07:07 PM

That video was A+. Reminds me of hunting shiny Pidgey in Let's Go.

the sun fan 12-8-2019 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4703913)
Also holy crap that image was so much bigger than I wanted it to be- I shoulda made a spoiler...

it was Xiz that made that comparison originally, not Lar
Lar isn't funny enough to make jokes like that

the sun fan 12-8-2019 07:09 PM

Shado
cuz Xel is right, it would be funny

SubaruPoptart 12-8-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4703919)
it was Xiz that made that comparison originally, not Lar
Lar isn't funny enough to make jokes like that

True

TWGma 12-8-2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4703917)
But I'm still lost by how you are reading so much (pocketing, a push) into the question.

P sure I already answered that, but here:
To me, picking a player that you feel would be easy to sway (like, a newer player, for example :eyes: ) and asking them a low-hanging fruit question like that is something done to seem like you're trying to stay engaged, and trying to get people to trust you.
Like an, "oh this person is interacting with me and is interested in my opinions and judgments! I like this person a lot for wanting to hear me!"
Ergo, insta-town read. So you look towny to others for pushing people, and you get read town by the person you ask.

And, like I said, it could just be a bad play, but knowing you? I have more respect for your play-ability than to chalk it up fully to that.

Charu 12-8-2019 07:11 PM

Guys

What if Poptart is actually an alt of MML?

TWGma 12-8-2019 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4703924)
Guys

That's a crazier conspiracy theory than 99% of the ones I have.

And I've had some spicy ones (like star, sunfan, and InD all being a wolf team together way back when).

Charu 12-8-2019 07:13 PM

Also, what's with all this pocket talk. Are we comparing pocket sizes?

Charu 12-8-2019 07:13 PM

My pocket isa bit of a modest girth. It can fit a lot of things, just got to stretch it juuuuuust right.

Charu 12-8-2019 07:14 PM

My other pair of pants though, that's a no go my friends.

Not deep at all, can't fit anything in those pockets.

SubaruPoptart 12-8-2019 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4703924)
Guys

I go to Taco Bell, I don't think Lar does that

the sun fan 12-8-2019 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4703928)
My other pair of pants though, that's a no go my friends.

Not deep at all, can't fit anything in those pockets.

which pair are you wearing right now?
asking for a friend

Charu 12-8-2019 07:15 PM

Or maybe y'all discussing hot pockets.

Those things are pretty good. I do like me some egg, bacon n' cheese hot pockets before going to work.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ShadoWolfe 12-8-2019 07:16 PM

Hiiiyoooo
Sorry I'm so late I've been out all day lolol actually still out but whatevs

Charu 12-8-2019 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4703930)
which pair are you wearing right now?
asking for a friend

Ones that are not deep at all. It's laughable really.

the sun fan 12-8-2019 07:17 PM

guys I need help with my French homework

I don't know what preposition to use and I don't understand the example

send help tyty

Charu 12-8-2019 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4703932)
Hiiiyoooo

Make sure to NOT post and drive, dude!

Or if you are, then be careful!

SubaruPoptart 12-8-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4703932)
Hiiiyoooo

tbh I thought you've been posting this entire time- I think I've been confusing Star and Shado together cuz I wasn't sure who people were talking about by "Shado"

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4703934)

send help tyty

I'm god-awful at French but I think I can try to bullshit my way through with my knowledge of Spanish and Italian.

Charu 12-8-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

send help tyty

I only took 2 years of Highschool French.

I'm sorry to say I don't know what the HEeeeEEeeeeEEEECk you're talking about. I have not retained any knowledge of that class.

XelNya 12-8-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4703927)
My pocket isa bit of a modest girth. It can fit a lot of things, just got to stretch it juuuuuust right.

Last time we talked about sizes was when sunfan was losing his shit on xelicopter

ShadoWolfe 12-8-2019 07:20 PM

Quote:

send help tyty

I got an A in French when I really should've failed only because I made my teacher the subject of all of our assignments in flattering ways.

One of the assignments was to make a dating profile in French and outline your interests, and I basically described my teacher 100%

the sun fan 12-8-2019 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4703939)
Last time we talked about sizes was when sunfan was losing his shit on xelicopter

I actually don't remember this
what were we talking about and was I funnier then than I am now?

inDheart 12-8-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4703905)
Oh. Uh, I did not really care about that game that much, no offense. I had some vague reads on a few people and then they kept dying.

i'm somehow so proud that my bias now is that people are out to get me specifically

Charu 12-8-2019 07:21 PM

wat

ShadoWolfe 12-8-2019 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4703942)
i'm somehow so proud that my bias now is that people are out to get me specifically

inDheart

I'm out to get you specifically >;3

the sun fan 12-8-2019 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4703940)
I got an A in French when I really should've failed only because I made my teacher the subject of all of our assignments in flattering ways.

One of the assignments was to make a dating profile in French and outline your interests, and I basically described my teacher 100%

mon prof a soixante ans et elle sait que je suis un homosexuel; ce ne devrait pas travail pour moi.

But that's really funny; its very you

SubaruPoptart 12-8-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4703945)
mon prof a soixante ans et elle sait que je suis un homosexuel; ce ne devrait pas travail pour moi.

But that's really funny; its very you

"My professor of sixty(?) years and she is that I am a homosexual; you don't <something something> for me"

C'est close?

inDheart 12-8-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4703931)
Or maybe y'all discussing hot pockets.

Those things are pretty good. I do like me some egg, bacon n' cheese hot pockets before going to work.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

honestly i feel like lean pockets are ok and people are haters, but i mostly get the pizza pockets and haven't been impressed with any others at all

you got any game pocket thoughts?

Quote:

send help tyty

what's the lesson called

inDheart 12-8-2019 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4703943)
wat

wats up

hi shado

TWGma 12-8-2019 07:28 PM

Quote:

send help tyty

I haven't taken French since grade 12 and that was over a decade ago. I'm a terrible Canadian.

the sun fan 12-8-2019 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4703946)
"My professor of sixty(?) years and she is that I am a homosexual; you don't <something something> for me"

C'est close?

Oui, pas mal.

My professor is 60 and she knows that I am gay; it can't work for me.

the sun fan 12-8-2019 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4703947)
what's the lesson called

ch 12 practice test with study plan

TWGma 12-8-2019 07:32 PM

At the risk of being accused of being high again (and because discussion is spicy) star-crossed.

Charu 12-8-2019 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWGma (Post 4703952)
At the risk of being accused of being high again (and because discussion is spicy) star-crossed.

Is this because of the pocket discussion

ShadoWolfe 12-8-2019 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4703948)
wats up

hi shado

heyo

didja miss me? my reads may or may not be emotionally biased based on your answer :P

the sun fan 12-8-2019 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWGma (Post 4703952)

you're only high if you think I'm with her (or I guess if you think inD is with her)

but I think you think that Subaru is with her so carry on

inDheart 12-8-2019 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4703951)
ch 12 practice test with study plan

lmao this qualifies as miserably funny

and i asked t-force about star/subaru w/w but idt i got an actual response? that'll teach me to write multi-line posts

TWGma 12-8-2019 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4703955)
you're only high if you think I'm with her (or I guess if you think inD is with her)

but I think you think that Subaru is with her so carry on

Where the hell did you get that conclusion from? My whole thing is that if she's a wolf, she's pocketing (or attempting to) a town Subaru.

ShadoWolfe 12-8-2019 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4703935)
Make sure to NOT post and drive, dude!

Or if you are, then be careful!

Thanks! I won't be driving this time (:
I basically just gave my fam an ultimatum of leaving my sister's house either right now or at 8pm (EoD my time) - it takes an hour to get home from here - and they said they're mostly cool with leaving at 8pm. I think they're just in post-meal bliss still from the shrimp piccata linguine I made ahah

inDheart 12-8-2019 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe (Post 4703954)
heyo

didja miss me? my reads may or may not be emotionally biased based on your answer :P

yes

i don't miss a lot of people so grading the ones i do miss is kinda hard though

inDheart 12-8-2019 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWGma (Post 4703957)
Where the hell did you get that conclusion from? My whole thing is that if she's a wolf, she's pocketing (or attempting to) a town Subaru.

wel this also works as a response

do you have other stuff separate from the interaction that's saying subaru can be town or is this more about what the wolfy wolf is doing

XelNya 12-8-2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWGma (Post 4703957)

I dislike that conclusion because the way she's interacting with me regardless of the swearing thing isn't healthy

UNLESS YOU SAYIN' I AIN'T WORTH POCKETING.

and subaru is far from a confirmed town?

on second thought what is this read

star-crossed 12-8-2019 07:44 PM

Hey T Force when was the last time you were actually a wolf?