Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149163)

star-crossed 05-23-2018 04:53 PM

Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olimar12345 (Post 4620793)
Boy, am I really getting a taste of my own medicine here. Only difference here is that now is when it really matters since the game will end in 8-ish hours...

Anyone here?

I mean...don't you have plenty to read back on, yourself?

Celirra 05-23-2018 05:05 PM

holy fuck i deleted a huge post i made

Celirra 05-23-2018 05:05 PM

sec lemme rewrite it to the best of my ability pls stick around star

Celirra 05-23-2018 05:21 PM

I've overthought this game about a few people, to the point of being wrong; I was convinced for a while Zoshi was wolf because he was too strong of a town to me, and I was convinced Curry was a town who simply made a few mistakes because I'm prone to misreading his type, and I was convinced Xel was a wolf because he's Xel. These are all bad arguments.

I think going off of a philosophy of who was saved/blocked/etc is also poor, because there's too many variables in play, and not all of them even lead anywhere conclusive. It's an easy way to convince yourself of a certain idea.

I'll entertain one theory, based on the three way kitb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4620380)
Curry-->round
Round-->celery
InD-->curry

If the logic goes that Curry was adamant about killing Round because they popped his vest, then that would imply it to be solid logic for Round to insist on me because he popped my vest; obviously given what we have now it's impossible for Round to have popped my vest, so I think this theory goes out the window.
An alternative route down this: I didn't vote, when voting could've saved me. I missed EoD. I stopped caring about this game because it became not worth it for me for a long time, with the shitty start due to Manti once again. Every phase really had something come up that made the game unenjoyable, and it's unfortunate that now it's becoming Olimar doing that, although to his credit to a much lesser degree (more on him later). I probably would've cared more if I was a role that had a faction's victory contingent on me voting correctly more consistently, and would've been more invested due to there being more to it than merely trying to solve with a whole chunk missing which only leads to shitty circumstance, and I could see Roundbox being the same. I kinda know him as someone who actually tries hard in games typically, outside of TWG particularly to my knowledge, so for him to be... apathetic is pretty abnormal. I guess because of all these similarities, I see himself and myself to be the same role. I doubt SK roundbox would give up a chance to win and leave it to a kitb if his victory relied solely on the three way coinflip.

In a similar vein, here's a story of my first time wolfing.
I was unfamiliar with the role, and nightchat was off at the start, so I was on my own to think of a gameplan. I had the idea of choosing a target out of the gate (in this game it was FreezinIce), and went all-in with trying to get him lynched. I tunneled solely on him, built up a case against him and him alone. I pretty much ignored everyone else, even if directly contacted. I resorted to anger and vitriol when anyone challenged my logic, because it seemed the easiest way to seem genuine about something I knew to be false, and the best way to get people to believe me I thought.

I think this sounds similar to Olimar this game.
He's clearly unfamiliar with the role based on his questions, and he's been quiet unless he felt he absolutely had to reply to something. He's also lately started to resort to anger with me and only me, though admittedly I've been hard on him relative to others still in the game.

anecdotal too, but in the one game I was SK here, I was apologetic for being late/inactive/etc for whatever reasons I had, which was convenient till I got shot by vigi on n1

There's a bit more to it than just meta though; frankly, I don't think I buy the dumbtell, particularly because he's cited back to it this game as if it's a definitive reason he's not 3p. That doesn't feel very towny to me, and feels like it was planned to be used as a reason to not be 3p. I think it would be hard to look that far ahead usually, but when the sole goal of the 3p is to not look like the 3p, then the motivation becomes not looking like the 3p, so it's not too outlandish for it to be the purpose so early.

I might be biased in thinking it's Olimar here due to his inactivity making the game not as... nice as it could've been at this point, and now that I'm also getting called a bitch for calling him out on it too, but hey. I think I have legitimate reason to doubt Roundbox being SK; I think I have seen enough out of Star to doubt her as SK; I think I see enough credence for Olimar to be SK. The overthinker says he's the easy way out, but overthinking has also fucked me a lot this game. I think the simple way might be the way for me to go now.

I'm hoping to hear thoughts on this

Celirra 05-23-2018 05:26 PM

I wrote that so much better the first time, ugh. And I think I forgot something this time but can't quite remember what it was; I think it had to do with star being towny

star-crossed 05-23-2018 05:50 PM

If someone hit Curry's vest while Curry did not hit theirs, then it could be beneficial for that sk to get a town hanged when there are only six left, because that puts them at an advantage in terms of being able to kill Curry at night instead if needed, or just get him hanged. That combined with the hypothetical about vests, Curry, and roundbox, is sus to me.

What does make sense of your message to me, with roundbox, is I am just now remembering someone in an ootc game mentioning that roundbox cares more early on when he has a power role. Which may explain my feelings about his early on play, more than an SK afraid to be making enemies.

It is kind of hard for me to figure out a motivation for olimar's anger toward you, because I cannot relate to it (I would not talk to anyone that way).

I have been considering the fact that the 3 of us have probably had the most generous stances toward olimar of everyone in this game, while Haku & Curry/Zoshi were all vocally thinking Olimar is an SK. It is a weird coincidence, even with the mystery of all the missing kills.

I still think the lack of 3 kills night 2 makes the least sense for Cel as an SK so I do not see myself voting for him.

Celirra 05-23-2018 05:54 PM

I think I mechanically cleared roundbox with the play of him not voting to save himself, afk for EoD or not; either that or he played really poorly and I'm gonna bully him at AN in a couple days

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4620803)
I have been considering the fact that the 3 of us have probably had the most generous stances toward olimar of everyone in this game, while Haku & Curry/Zoshi were all vocally thinking Olimar is an SK. It is a weird coincidence, even with the mystery of all the missing kills.

I didn't consider this honestly, but I also think it's a bit too...coincidental?... to have ground on it's own per se

you could argue that me and roundbox were kept up because we were up against each other for a bit at varying times, so neither are squeaky clean, and you could argue that Star had to stay up other than when she was first brought in due to the necessity of killing inD, or the town who was doing a lot of work (Zoshi), but there's also a chance that's me being too idealist to Star being left up

star-crossed 05-23-2018 05:57 PM

His vote for you was at the literal last minute, so it was a very intentional kitb.

Celirra 05-23-2018 05:59 PM

am I misremembering a lot of stuff or something with respect to roundbox

Celirra 05-23-2018 06:00 PM

ok nevermind yeah my bad, but I think the mechanically clearing of roundbox can still stick

Celirra 05-23-2018 06:04 PM

are you dead set on sticking with roundbox, star? it kinda puts me in an awkward spot considering it's looking like Olimar is gonna vote me, which forces me to go for who you think it's gonna be, unless roundbox will side with me against olimar

star-crossed 05-23-2018 06:07 PM

Unvote

Despite my gut feeling I am starting to agree that, given all the SK had to do to win at that point is basically to get two people hanged that are not them (if the mafia is included in that), even if he is self conscious about seemiing like he knows Curry was mafia or vice versa, a 1/3 chance of losing outright is not worth people maybe reading you more town for not saving yourself

star-crossed 05-23-2018 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4620808)
are you dead set on sticking with roundbox, star? it kinda puts me in an awkward spot considering it's looking like Olimar is gonna vote me, which forces me to go for who you think it's gonna be, unless roundbox will side with me against olimar

I had not read this when I wrote my last message, for what it is worth.

I have no idea who olimar is going to vote. With his last comment I thought he may be gearing to vote for round

Celirra 05-23-2018 06:11 PM

Ohhh
I see what you meant kinda

Roundbox worrying that if he was gung ho for Curry, it was like he knew too much supporting that

I think its a bit of a stretch but not impossible, and explains the panic with trying to get InD on board with him, though I think if that was the case he would've not just waited until the very last second

Olimar12345 05-23-2018 06:13 PM

Brief defense post/response

Your wolf story is a flawed comparison because I am not pushing solely for you. You simply posted a weird/suspicious message that I asked you to clear up which you never did, then proceeded to look worse about it. Logically, I have to peruse this until a better option is made clear. I would have suspected anyone who acted like that. You would have done the same in my position.

Also, I only made mention of this “dumbtell” in my response to star’s post.

Lastly, just so it’s clear I call most people a bitch when they act like it; it doesn’t mean I’m particularly mad. No hard feelings, right?

Celirra 05-23-2018 06:13 PM

just wanna make note olimar was here then poofed again

roundbox has been here a while too so I'm excited for a long boi post

Celirra 05-23-2018 06:13 PM

nvm he didnt poof sorry

Olimar12345 05-23-2018 06:14 PM

Ack, ninja’d a lot. Brb reading more.

Celirra 05-23-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olimar12345 (Post 4620812)
Lastly, just so it’s clear I call most people a bitch when they act like it; it doesn’t mean I’m particularly mad. No hard feelings, right?

I could've called you a fucking jackass for throwing the game for us if you are town by neglecting the game so much, but even if that is true I wouldn't call you that nor do I think you are one. Don't try to justify things after the fact as you have been doing solely, especially when your time could be better spent actually analyzing the game and providing thoughts on that, rather than just covering your ass

Olimar12345 05-23-2018 06:17 PM

Idk, I would have definitely called me a fucking jackass if I were you ;)